Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLPF Forum Update for 2018-01-11

DDR

Hi everyone, I've upgraded the forums to the latest version. It should be much smoother this time, but as always let us know if there's any issues! Thanks!

• Brohoof 24

2 hours ago, DDR said:

Hi everyone, I've upgraded the forums to the latest version. It should be much smoother this time, but as always let us know if there's any issues! Thanks!

Thanks for all the work. Here take a muffin. ^_^941.jpg

• Brohoof 7

@DDR Thanks for all your work! :) 

The only thing I've noticed (and maybe this is just me, or perhaps it has nothing to do with your particular update) is that when you click on a multi-page PM, it takes you to the top of the first page, instead of to the most recent message. Not a big deal at all but I sort of preferred going to the most recent message as it's more convenient.

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Spryzen.0.Zt said:

What’s fixed? You didn’t say.

This is a security release and we recommend all clients upgrade as soon as possible.

Key Changes

4.2.7 is a maintenance release that fixes issues identified in 4.2.6 and also adds settings to help with GDPR compliance.

This release also contains several security updates.

It was mostly a security update. No feature changes for us, but it added some settings in the ACP for Administration to help make sure the board is compliant with regulations related to terms of service changes. 

4 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

@DDR Thanks for all your work! :) 

The only thing I've noticed (and maybe this is just me, or perhaps it has nothing to do with your particular update) is that when you click on a multi-page PM, it takes you to the top of the first page, instead of to the most recent message. Not a big deal at all but I sort of preferred going to the most recent message as it's more convenient.

I think that was how it behaved after the site moved to IPB 4. I could be wrong though. Similar to when you click on a topic since we moved from 3.x to 4.x ... by default it takes you to the first page whereas the old board would take you to the most recent unread post. 

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Jeric said:
This is a security release and we recommend all clients upgrade as soon as possible.

I think that was how it behaved after the site moved to IPB 4. I could be wrong though. Similar to when you click on a topic since we moved from 3.x to 4.x ... by default it takes you to the first page whereas the old board would take you to the most recent unread post. 

Ah okay, I just mentioned that because the first time I noticed it happening was around the time when this update was done, but like I said maybe it was happening before and I didn't notice for some reason.

• Brohoof 2