Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler First 1 Hour Special Premieres February 17

PinkiePie97

Alright now it's time for the EQG Youtube series to finally deliver some substantial stories!

I have been enjoying the shorts so far, but I really have been wanting to get some longer material out of it.

Given how I have heard a lot of good things about the book adaptation of this, called A Friendship to Remember, I am definitely looking forward to seeing this.

• Brohoof 4

7 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

Alright now it's time for the EQG Youtube series to finally deliver some substantial stories!

I have been enjoying the shorts so far, but I really have been wanting to get some longer material out of it.

Given how I have heard a lot of good things about the book adaptation of this, called A Friendship to Remember, I am definitely looking forward to seeing this.

This isn’t actually part of the YouTube series, though.

2 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Wasn't it supposed to air in March or like August?

Not that I heard.

• Brohoof 1

So, apparently this is based on the Friendship to Remember book? Glad I didn't read any spoilers! Just from the synopsis, this looks like it could be pretty awesome.

I'm not gonna lie, while I do think the Equestria Girls YouTube series is cute, I think it lacks a lot of the substance that makes me enjoy the movies and the three specials from last year. This special is the kind of thing I want to see! Not to mention it's a great way to try and tie fans over before Season 8 begins.

Bring. It. On!

sunset_shimmer_vector__you_must_be_new_h

• Brohoof 2

The day the Friendship to Remember book came out, I definitely knew something was up with how high-stakes it felt for a junior novel, to the point where I was convinced it was taken from an animated project. Man oh man, did I call it...

And yeah, I'm with everyone else in that this is what I was waiting for with the series.

• Brohoof 3

Well, looks like the Friendship to Remember book WAS indeed an early release from a future animated EG work. I remember opening a thread to debate this, but looks like it can be put to rest. I wonder if all will be happening only on this special, or the second special will be a follow up :huh: 

There's no doubt about it. This is going to be adapted from "A Friendship to Remember", the Chapter Book that was released a couple of months ago.

• Brohoof 1

Haven't read the book, but I hope we finally have a genuine villain, the Sirens were back in 2014, that was 2 movies, three 22 minute specials, a bunch of shorts ago. Every villain since then has been a basic "power corrupts" story where someone who didn't have bad intentions initially fell to the dark side of the magic.

I just pray it's not someone from the MLP universe.

Edited by Ryanmahaffe

4 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Haven't read the book, but I hope we finally have a genuine villain, the Sirens were back in 2015, that was 2 movies, three 22 minute specials, a bunch of shorts ago.

Uh.. The Sirens from "Rainbow Rocks"? That was 2014!

2015 was the "Friendship Games" followed by "Legend of Everfree" in 2016. 2017 had the 22-minute length episodes titled "(Something) Magic" put on DVD and Netflix as "Magical Movie Night"

5 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Uh.. The Sirens from "Rainbow Rocks"? That was 2014!

2015 was the "Friendship Games" followed by "Legend of Everfree" in 2016. 2017 had the 22-minute length episodes titled "(Something) Magic" put on DVD and Netflix as "Magical Movie Night"

Typos. Why do you go on a correction tangent over tiny things? I know the orders of the movies.

Edited by Ryanmahaffe

11 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Typos. Why do you go on a correction tangent over tiny things? I know the orders of the movies.

Sorry. I feel compelled to do that at times. I meant no offense. :blush:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Sorry. I feel compelled to do that at times. I meant no offense. :blush:

No offense taken, but when you do that everytime someone makes a slight error or typo you come across as if you are trying to belittle them, which I know is not the case but still.

2 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

Discovery Family put a promo on Facebook.

I just saw this on Equestria Daily about twenty minutes ago and already this promo confirms that they will be adapting "A Friendship to Remember." I wished we had gotten more of the special in the clip as opposed to Friendship Games footage but it's better than not getting anything until the very last minute.

• Brohoof 1