Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Horror movies at the Oscars? Quality and Quantity

Karnak

Jason Blum once said last year he wants horror movies to be recognized at the Academy Awards. Well then you want that? Then make more movies like Split and Get Out(Which could win Best Original Screenplay) eventually you will get your Silence of The Lambs, Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist. 2017 was a great year for horror movies, if not the best. We need filmmakers to create history not imitate it or make garbage films like The Grudge or more jump scare crap.

If they want to remake a horror film, make it better, don't try to imitate the past you must try to BURRY it. For instance the new adaptation of IT is far superior to that horribly boring miniseries staring Tim Curry, oh wait that was a comedy...right? What I mean is a majority agree Bill Skarsgard's performance is better then Timmy's.

I love it when horror films actually stand the test of time, and not trying to ripoff a popular one. Hopefully with the success of Split, Get Out, Annabelle Creation and IT, horror films can go back to quantity of quality and not just quantity.

What I'm saying is, so many horror films these days are just copying what ever was a hit at the time, and become rip offs and nothing more, like the eras of Scream, Saw, Hostle and Found Footage.

Edited by Karnak