Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite MLP References?

ChB

What are all your favorite MLP references to other media, pop-culture, etc? 

My favorites are the Star Wars reference in The Return of Harmony, as well as two references to "The Shining"

• Brohoof 4

I like the references to the Mario and Legend of Zelda series in which we've seen pony versions of Mario, Luigi, and Link. The Mario Bros. though have only been seen in the comics as opposed to Link who did appear in the show--I forget what episode it was.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I like the references to the Mario and Legend of Zelda series in which we've seen pony versions of Mario, Luigi, and Link. The Mario Bros. though have only been seen in the comics as opposed to Link who did appear in the show--I forget what episode it was.

Flutter Brutter

large.png

• Brohoof 2

Just now, ChB said:

Flutter Brutter

Ah yes, there he is, carting around those gems which are also a reference to the Legend of Zelda.

Thanks for the reminder.

• Brohoof 2

On 1/12/2018 at 10:49 AM, Oleks said:

All references to Doctor Who, especially the weeping angels one.

Also, these:

Reveal hidden contents

Artists:

1128635__safe_screencap_peachy+pitt_pop+

The Beatles

924859__safe_screencap_blaze_cherry+jubi

Jason:

large.png

I like the artist references, too. I believe there was also a reference to that same Salvador Dali painting in The Return of Harmony (i.e. tall rabbit legs).

I like the LoZ reference in Flutter Brutter, as well as the Star Wars reference in Return of Harmony. The best one for me is also a Satr Wars one, from the comics. I think it's from Siege of the Crystal Empire, where they basically re-enact the scene where Tarkin interrogates Leia on the location of the rebel base under threat of destroying Alderaan.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, SnakeEater said:

Especially the latter, never expected a reference to Trainspotting of all things in a show like this!

train.jpg

I was wondering what that scene was a reference to. I thought it would be the Exorcist, but then doubted that Hasbro would let the writers do that.