Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you let Rarity redecorate your place?

Azureth

Would you allow Rarity to redecorate?  

47 users have voted

1. 1. Would you allow Rarity to redecorate?

• I would love it!
    • Maybe just certain parts.
    • Not at all!

(edited)

Actually I would rather Flansky/

Spoiler

Sunset Shimmer

redecorate my place as their artwork is something that could help my place look cooler.

Related image

Edited by cmarston1

If I could be there while she's planning, definitely yes! All good decorators/designers know how to work with the homeowner, and I think Rarity would be a good designer. 

Though, I would need to finish the insulating before she does the decorating.

IMG_1509048240651.jpg

IMG_1509048237897.jpg

IMG_1509048242648.jpg

IMG_1509048244536.jpg

• 2 years later...

No. I know what I like and want and I know it would be the opposite of what Rarity (or indeed, most people) would like and want.

If I wanted to build a house for myself (as opposed to just buying one), I would have to spend a lot of time with the architect to explain what I want and that I really want something that most people would dislike.

Also, re-decorating is a lot of work for probably very little result and the current state is acceptable to me, so why bother?

I probably wouldn't care. It isn't like I would find her decorations and designs awful. I just don't do that kind of stuff, so it doesn't matter to me

20 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

No. I know what I like and want and I know it would be the opposite of what Rarity (or indeed, most people) would like and want.

I agree that Rarity tends to go overboard and ultra-fancy. I prefer simplicity. 

44 minutes ago, DJSuits said:

I agree that Rarity tends to go overboard and ultra-fancy. I prefer simplicity. 

Yeah, and I prefer storage efficiency, that is - no useless empty space. Most people would not like that, and I imagine Rarity especially would not like the rack cabinet, the various boxes and the shelves with mainly audio/video equipment.

17 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

Yeah, and I prefer storage efficiency, that is - no useless empty space. Most people would not like that, and I imagine Rarity especially would not like the rack cabinet, the various boxes and the shelves with mainly audio/video equipment.

If it's storage space you want, she'd probably design wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling shelving and cabinetry. 

50 minutes ago, DJSuits said:

If it's storage space you want, she'd probably design wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling shelving and cabinetry. 

That may be, but she probably would really dislike having to do simple stuff that may not look very good (much less "fancy", I don't particularly like "fancy"), but is strong. Also, there is another reason why I would not want Rarity to do anything, even if she did stuff according to my wishes - I do not have much intention of changing what is here now.

Remember the episode where Rarity asked Applejack to comment on various fashion designs? While I would not have been so harsh to the designers, I probably would have been thinking the same things as Applejack said.