Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike in G5?

CastletonSnob

He's been a staple of the franchise since the beginning so him not being a part of generation five would be utterly shocking.

• Brohoof 1

I can't see G5 Spike having the same role as G4 Spike. Especially due to certain leaked information regarding Twilight's potential new role. But I think he's too beloved by the fans to not be included.

@Prospekt

Twilight Sparkle without her #1 assistant would feel pretty weird, IMO.

I wonder if/why they are going to be keeping the Mane 6's names the same or if they are planning to create a brand new Mane cast?

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

@Sparklefan1234 A lot of the current characters are based off of/named after older generation ponies, so maybe they're going to carry on that tradition. And maybe they would keep the same Mane 6 in order to keep from alienating the dedicated fans who are familiar with G4.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 1

I suppose they would keep Spike in G5 because like you guys have said, he's been apart of the series for a long time, but I also think they'll keep him in because they wouldn't want to give up his trademark/ownership rights to him. I'v read some of the leaked e-mails and they've said they don't really want to change the characters names because their afraid they'll lose the trademark/ownership rights to their characters. I expect Spike to be re-worked and look very different, but would be surprised if he never appeared in the new series. 

Edited by King of Canterlot

18 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I highly doubt he won't be in G5, but I'm not expecting him to be Twi's assistant again

He's served as a helper in all of his incarnations. He was Tirek's minion in G1, he helped Wysteria in G3, and he helped Twilight in G4. I think he might be a helper in G5. 

1 hour ago, VG_Addict said:

He's served as a helper in all of his incarnations. He was Tirek's minion in G1, he helped Wysteria in G3, and he helped Twilight in G4. I think he might be a helper in G5. 

Not necessarily Twi's tho

• 3 years later...
On 2018-01-15 at 5:36 PM, FlareGun45 said:

Well Spike should be in it! I ain't watching G5 without him!

I change my mind. Only G4 Spike is my Spike. Unless this is the Spike of the future.

• 2 weeks later...