Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If they did another alternative universe story they should do one to The Perfect Pear.

Singe

The alternative universe story of this would start at the point where instead of Pear Butter choosing to stay with the Apple Family, Bright Mac makes the decision to leave the Apple Family to travel with Pear family to Vanhoover. Big Mac, Pearjack (Applejack), and Pearbloom (Applebloom) would have pear theme cutie marks. Bright Mac and Pear Butter are still alive.

Edited by Singe

• 2 months later...

They should honestly do more.  There are so many alternate universe possibilities, and not just because the season 5 finale had quite a few great ones.  There's plenty to wonder about, from big topics like what if Twilight never became an Alicorn or what if Sunburst never got accepted into Celestia's school (thus avoiding triggering the events leading to Starlight's regime and ultimate reform), to small topics like what if Starlight and Trixie never met and the topic for this thread.  I was actually a bit disappointed with the one we got as it didn't really factor that high on my burning what-ifs, yet opened up the possibility of more that we still haven't seen.  I had no concept of a pony what-if spinoff series until that comic introduced it, but now I want it to happen.

I don't know, I'm skeptical that introducing more AUs wouldn't dilute the plot at this point. I think they should just continue developing the main canon.

However... if you've got these ideas rolling about your noggin, why don't you write about them yourself (or pitch the idea to a fanfic writer)? I'm sure other people could come up with something cool for that! :D