Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Generation Five's Spike (spoilers possibly) speculation and hopes for the character

Karnak

Gen 5 of MLP has the

Spoiler
Spoiler

Are you sure you wanna know? Last chance.

Okay

Chance to give Spike true development. I did get some info from the leaks, deleted stuff from 4chan and more based on the concept art

1. He will NOT be an assistant to Twilight or anyone

Spoiler

He lives in another dimension. Called Dragon World, where in concept art had dragons in armor while most look great one is inspired by Jonah Hill, no joke. Longmas also seem to be the elites along with other dragons. And have a neon city.

Spoiler

A Grootslang villain who seems to be inspired by Kylo Ren is written in the concept art that he has an interest in Spike and seems to relate to him in size.

Spoiler

Japanese cherry blossoms and meji culture were said in emails to Meghan for the influence of Dragon World.

It's possible(speculating now) that Spike is a street smart kid. But let's assume the writers go for that TV-Y7 rating push and make him a speciest from the start

Spoiler

(he hates Longmas and thus hates ponies for resembling them, kinda like how Sokka from Avatar the last airbender was at first a sexist. Something like him saying to Twilight 

Spike: Its easy to outsmart them, for one thing their Longmas which means their born smug and not very smart.

Edited by Karnak

I am actually pretty intrigued with this idea on where Spike's character could be like in G5.  Even if it just turns out to be a concept that gets changed during the development process, it does leave me interested in seeing the direction in which the next MLP series will go in.

• Brohoof 1

On 1/17/2018 at 6:07 AM, LyricaDreamy said:

Spike seems like a totally different character here.

And what are longmas?

off topic but i hope we get a dragon matriarch as a character ( like alexstrasza from wow ). Ember is not a mom sorry :P.

1.That's kinda the point of a reboot, and Spike won't be raised by Twilight or ponies, so why not toughen him a bit.

2. Dragon Horses.

3. Alexstrasza? And yes I'd love to see a matriarchy dragon society.

2 hours ago, Karnak said:

1.That's kinda the point of a reboot, and Spike won't be raised by Twilight or ponies, so why not toughen him a bit.

2. Dragon Horses.

3. Alexstrasza? And yes I'd love to see a matriarchy dragon society.

Alexstrasza is a dragon aspect/brood mother chick from World of Warcraft, she is the equivalent of a dragon matriarch, except she can like shapeshift from slutty elf thing to big dragon

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Alexstrasza is a dragon aspect/brood mother chick from World of Warcraft, she is the equivalent of a dragon matriarch, except she can like shapeshift from slutty elf thing to big dragon

I see. Still I like the idea of the dragons having their own dimension.

• Brohoof 1