Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Baking Thread

Lucid_Nightlight

Sometimes i bake a cake for special occasions. Depend on the seasons:

From spring to summer i love to make strawbeery cakes/tarts.

On autumn Zwetschgenkuchen.

On winter Vanillekipferl a cookie formed like a half moon or coconut cake.

All the year long sometimes a Frankfurter Kranz or Bienenstich ( a yeast dough based cake with honey & almonds on top and vanilla cream layer)

For my Parents a cake named Donauwelle a half chocolate cake with cherries and buttercream.

Edited by Crystal Peppermint
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Crystal Peppermint said:

Sometimes i bake a cake for special occasions. Depend on the seasons:

From spring to summer i love to make strawbeery cakes/tarts.

On autumn Zwetschgenkuchen.

On winter Vanillekipferl a cookie formed like a half moon or coconut cake.

All the year long sometimes a Frankfurter Kranz or Bienenstich ( a yeast dough based cake with honey & almonds on top and vanilla cream layer)

For my Parents a cake named Donauwelle a half chocolate cake with cherries and buttercream.

I'm pretty much still at the basics. I know how to make chocolate cake and brownies. I plan to make my own recipes and sell them once I get a food handlers licence which is the only thing I need due to the laws being lenient where I live.

Something that I like baking is a type of cracker called "hardtack". It only consists of flour, water and salt. It dates back hundreds of years and was used on ships, since it virtually never spoils if done right. In fact, someone on YouTube ate some made in 1863. The variation I make is based on hardtack from the American Civil War. I just enjoy making it, as well as having a sense of tasting history. It tastes pretty bland, but I still like snacking on it.

• 1 year later...

I don't really like baking in the summer time since it gets too hot in my home.  I enjoy making no-knead breads most of the time since I don't like kneading all that much(nor do I have the patience).

I really can’t bake well but my mom and sister certainly can. My mom makes amazing carrot cake and my sister make great chocolate chip cookies!

I can sort of bake sometimes. I’ve successfully managed to bake cookies a few times (I more often burn them). My mom can bake like no one I’ve ever seen. Too bad I didn’t pick up more from her. 

Ehm... I mean, I COULD bake if I really wanted to, but I don't. Takes a lot of time, and I'm not sure whether or not the outcome will be any good.

When I was younger I'd bake brownies with my mom and sisters. I don't remember how, though, so.

There was this one time I baked a blueberry pie for a dessert auction, with minimal help from mom. I bought the ingredients, found the recipe in a cookbook, and baked the cake all by my 14-year-old self. I think the only thing mom contributed was the pie pan and oven. Can't tell you how it turned out, though, since I didn't end up eating it. It sold for $15 though. :3

I've also made chili a couple times (I dunno if that counts as baking). Our church does this yearly chili cook-off competition. I never placed, but I participated, so I'm good enough dammit. x3

• 1 month later...

I made some challah a week ago that I'm still very proud of.  It was the second time I was using the recipe and it was loads better than the last time I made it.  I've actually warmed up to kneading dough, made a space for it at my dining table actually.  I actually enjoy kneading nowadays.