Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Post a pic of your Desktop Setup

chubzz

Im my man cave as usual and the desk is covered in junk as usual, The rest of my house is tidy but thats probably because I never spend time in the rest of it.

post-9988-0-41587300-1358361618_thumb.jpg

post-9988-0-91376300-1358361624_thumb.jpg

I never realised how crappy my phone camera is :(

p.s yes that is a rainbow dash plushie.

Edited by mycarhasaMoustache
  • Brohoof 8

I usually sit on my bed with my laptop. I do have a desk but I use it for writing, on that desk I have a cup full of pens pencils and markers to the left, inside a drawer there I have scissors, a hole puncher, a stapler, and all the office supplies I could ever need. I have a framed picture of me and my parents from when I was younger above the desk and I keep a flower pot on the right hand side.

I only have one other drawer on that desk and it's full of paper. 

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 1

Yes I do have a random Sonic Screwdriver!

Hahaha, that's how things should be! Geek references here and there are a necessary part of any room layout.

Im my man cave as usual and the desk is covered in junk as usual, The rest of my house is tidy but thats probably because I never spend time in the rest of it.

attachicon.gifIMAG0429.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0430.jpg

I never realised how crappy my phone camera is :(

p.s yes that is a rainbow dash plushie.

Good grief, that's cluttered! (I'm not really one to talk though.)

I can forgive you though, because I see a GAAAAMMMMEEECUUUUBEEEE! Please tell me that you at least have Super Smash Bros. Melee for that thing. XD

Edited by CloudFyre
  • Brohoof 2

img-1087984-1-iIMhN.jpg

Where to begin.

The various little toys and stuff I have consist of a plush Mario, a plush Koopa, a plush Rainbow Dash, a plush Twilight Sparkle, a plush best pony (Pinkie Pie), that Sonic/Shadow/Silver super set, Captain jack Sparrow statue, a Master Chief Halo CE action figure, a Nerf N-Strike Elite Retaliator (I keep it down here to punish my roommate's cat when he does crap he's not supposed to), a big-ass Princess Cadence, the Rytlock Brimstone statue from the Guild Wars 2 CE (You can see the tin with the map on the left), a vinyl Derpy Hooves, a Zero (Nightmare Before Christmas) plush, and a few ponies in the middle. The Master Shake thing is a real cup; my friend made it while he was staying over for a bit.

I've added a few things since then, such as a CM Punk action figure and a Claptrap action figure, but it's still mostly the same. I also still have that Club Nintendo calendar.

I keep Ryu out of the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set as a sort of "trophy" commemorating one of my remixes being on the Fan Mix CD included in the set. I got the Collector's Set for free from Capcom as a sort of prize for that.

My PC gear consists of my tower which you can barely see below the desk surface (won't bother with the specs, just know that it's pretty sweet), my cheapo Logitech keyboard, my Razer Naga, my Razer Nostromo, my cheap 17" LCD monitor that's probably gonna go out someday soon, and a really bad set of speakers that I try not to use too often because they sound awful.

The music gear shown is an Akai Pro MPK Mini MIDI controller, a Line 6 POD Studio UX1 barely showing in the bottom-right, and my Audio-Technica ATH-M45 headphones.

Edited by DusK
  • Brohoof 11

I've always been under the assumption that the location where I spend most of my day (my desk) is pretty ordinary, but that got me thinking: what does the "ordinary" desk look like? I assume most people are fairly organized when it comes to their computer, but what about the rest of the environment directly outside of the computer? Are most people neat? Messy? Are there lots of screens? One screen? Homework? Tax returns? I had never even pondered that question.

So: what does you desk look like? Is there a single screen, or many? Pencils? Pens? Papers? Printers? Do you even use a regular desk? (For all I know, you could be viewing this in your dining room on an Ipad.)

For me, I don't have much room for a mess. Most of the desk space is occupied by computers:

attachicon.gifP1160168.JPG

attachicon.gifP1160167.JPG

(I admit to cleaning up a bit before taking these photos.)

Items in the photo:

Computer stuff:

Stock Acer Aspire 8730 series. (left)

Custom built Acer Aspire V3 series. (center)

Extra monitor connected to the Aspire V3 (right)

Sony 5.1 Surround Sound.

Wacom Bamboo drawing tablet.

Turtle Beach Earforce X12 headset.

Gunnar PPK Onyx/Mercury computer glasses.

Wireless mouse (not shown)

Overhead desk lamp.

Not computer stuff:

Rarity. (Glitter wings)

Rarity. (Crystal blindbag version)

A storage rack above the surround sound controls.

A woven basket with all sorts of random junk.

Lots of pencils/pens (hidden behind the extra monitor)

A Photoshop tutorial book.

Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace, which I have yet to read.

Water flavoring. (Why is that on my desk?)

A Celestia/Luna coin.

There is also a self built Dell Pentium D server in a different room (our bonus room) that I can control remotely from either laptop. It's not in the room, but I consider it a part of the whole setup.

So, what does your layout look like?

No way, we have the same Turtle Beaches! Brohoof to you and your desk. And your 2 laptops. And your Trio of Monitors. Holey Moley that's a lot of Monitors.

• Brohoof 1

I have random table that is supported on one side so you can have it leaning over a bed. It is small but it's awesome for someone like me who can't sit at a proper desk. It has my laptop, my giant coffee mug, my cigarette rolling supplies (yep, I'm a dirty smoker), my PSP and a few PSP games on it. It's so small that I have to use years worth of Tetris skills to fit all those things on it. 

• Brohoof 2

I can forgive you though, because I see a GAAAAMMMMEEECUUUUBEEEE! Please tell me that you at least have Super Smash Bros. Melee for that thing. XD

I like the clutter because I always know where everything is and I usually dont have to leave my chair to get it lmao and I do indeed own super smash bros. any self respecting game cube owner must have that game, Its in my top 3 best game cube games.

• Brohoof 1

http://imgur.com/Uyoqe

Didnt have time to decorate my place yet that much because i recently moved houses ;)

My specs: Windows 7 64 bit 2.6 Ghz AMD athlon x2 dual core processor 4 GB ram, 2 TB HDD
Edited by Plentyy
  • Brohoof 2

I believe these two words describe my setup perfectly: Hobo, mess

I really shouldn't be reading threads like this. This just makes me realize how shit this place is and how broke we are compared to the rest of the world. Multiple screens, computers, laptops, I-whatevers and gadgets? I'm happy if I'll be able to replace my only computer if it dies (or the dead parts anyway) .

Then again, someone else could look at my room and say the same things to me...

Edited by Zacharias

Mine pretty much always looks like this. I've got an old 5:4 Monitor on a second table, because there's no space to put it on my desk in a manner that makes sense. (it always either get's in the way of my speakers or mouse)

post-9627-0-94710700-1358366178_thumb.jpg

(click to enlarge)

There is also a second Laptop still waiting to be repaired, but it's the same game as with the monitor. There's no space to use it productively. I'll have to come up with something.

Apart from that my desk is usually clean, though during some periods it can be a bit messy because I need to focus on school and just dump my stuff everywhere, eat at my desk and don't clean up because I'm lacking the necessary free time etc. etc.

The desk itself is from Infineon, my dad got it as a present and he gave it to me.

All my accessories are located in my drawer, together with pencil and paper and some cleaning material. (Isopropanol)

I don't have any printer.

For those who are interested in my specs:

Laptops:

Custom Lenovo ThinkPad X220i

(upgrades: IPS screen, 2xSSD (64GB + 128GB), 8GB RAM, 9c battery)

Custom Lenovo ThinkPad X301

(upgrades: Metal speaker grills, 128GB SSD)

Monitors:

Fujitsu Siemens L22T (1920x1080, sRGB)

Fujitsu Siemens S7 (1280x1024, sRGB)

Other Stuff:

Lenovo Keyboard

Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Creative GigaWorks T3 (via Dolby Home Theater v4)

External Graphics card: Zotac GeForce GTX550Ti

Edited by CloudsdaleCompanion
  • Brohoof 1

Watching this damn thread makes me both happy and sad.

Some people have an amazing gaming setup.  And it makes me jelaus.

Some people have it dirtier then i have it. That makes me happy :)

• Brohoof 2

All these people with multiple screens and stuff, and I just now got a computer. (That I personally own anyway.) No desk, I just have a laptop. My rooms are pretty bare too, considering I don't own enough to make my space cluttered.

No available pictures, but I will say that it looks like discord uses my computer. Ive got a small chess board to the right hand side of my monitor, papers spread across the desk, a cube of those nanodots on the right hand side, my raspberry pi to the left side of the monitor and my TI-83 plus to my left hand side.

On the top of my desk, I have a small shelf for two plants and my pokemon models. I could use two screens, but my desk barely has enough space for the one I'm using.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to clean this up a bit.

I don't have a desk. I'll just set my computer on a table and work from there. I mean, there is a desk in my house, but I never use it and it's for my mom's computer, not mine.

in my man cave I have my little entertainment pc set up on multiple screens.

front of my apt, I have a fun zone

in my personal room I have a work area (school stuff)

pics soon, cause I'm gonna be driving back to my apt tonight

My goodness! I swear you people make me feel SOOO jealous. >.<

I don't have a computer, I have to use my mother's in the living room where she can see me. The desk in my room, however, is fairly messy. I put most of my artwork, requests, and contest/concept pieces there so there's normally a lot of space taken up. I like it though because it helps me with my inspiration when I have everything immediately at my fingertips. I call it my "organized chaos". Even though it's messy, It's still very easy to sort through.

Me and my akward neat piles of writing and artwork....

Edited by NekromantiaFox

Hahaha, that's how things should be! Geek references here and there are a necessary part of any room layout.

you think that is a clutter?

Prepare yourself....

post-6541-0-48161200-1358385126_thumb.jpg

And that is after some cleaning...

I really should get around to cleaning it. Oh well.

• Brohoof 2

Welcome, to my kingdom. 

2013-01-16151942_zps8737b6fd.jpg

Its nice since I have a pull out tray, so I can just switch from PC to xbox whenever I wish. Though it stinks because I can't see both screens at the same time. It is messy, but o well it isn't hurting anything. The blanket is to cover the chair so that I just have to wash the blanket instead of the chair :P(Since I eat a lot on it). I also use a laptop, but I only use it in bed.

Edited by Retro_Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

post-22-0-02252700-1337737884_thumb.jpg

My Desk is the pretty much the same since i took this picture and posted it on the forums, hence i am just reusing it.(also due to laziness) Only things that have changed are a new Disney World Mouse Pad, Those jewel cases aren’t there any more, and i have a newer phone and phone dock, Oh and my OS on my Desktop is newer and now has a different Wallpaper :).

Most of my desk is taken up by music stuff and my general untidyness, it puts me to shame with how tidy most keep there work space. Mine is literally mug after mug and plate after plate.

Apart from that most of my desk is just music stuff such as MIDI controller, amplifier, turntable and so on

DSC_0004_zps16091e52.jpg