Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Post a pic of your Desktop Setup

chubzz

Hmm ok lets see i set my desktop into 4 configurations: pure gaming, Photoshop, streaming and when im doing some rooting or trying new OS's on vmware and stuff like i  it requires to use my other pcs :) Style level: BadAss

ALL configs 

Laptop to the left ( i call him big'old one) (cuz hes 6 years old) :8gb ram intel 2nd gen processor Core 2 Duo at 2.4 GHz nothing special hardly heats up, its my only windows 8 around here so :)

Laptop on top right corner: Also 2nd gen Intel core-i5 @ 2.9 Ghz with 8gb rams also nothing special

Now the big guy as u can see the desktop: 32Gbs of ram

Mobo: z77 extreme 9 

VGA: tri-sli GTX 660 Ti

CPU: 3rd gen Intel core-i7 3770k @ 4.1~4.2GHZ 

Storage: intel SSD 128 Gbs for OS+ 2x 2TB WD black caviar 7200RPM (yes i need them...)+ 750GB hybrid SSD/HDD for programs only

ODD: 1 Samsung Blu-ray

Extras: front panel fan controller and an 2 extra usb 3 ports, Razer Headphone WAYYY better than beats, mouse: R.A.T 5 by mad catz/cyborg

5.1 channel surround :)

and here are the pics

S34wnFZ.jpgoUaza15.jpgWires!!! just a disaster....

Unfortunately i have exceeded the amount of screens allowed in my room... 

Edited by supersonic rainboom
  • Brohoof 1

oUaza15.jpgWires!!! just a disaster....

SOMEONE ACTUALLY USED MY WALLPAPER, *squee*  :yay:

OT: uh, I've still gotta get a pic of the desktop of my Mac...until then be patient... I guess.

• Brohoof 1

BEST IDEA EVER: COMBINE ALL THESE BUILD TO SUPER PERFORMANCE TO MAKE THE ULTIMATE MAN CAVE (I'd never leave it in my life thou i didint see highest end builds here XD)

Side table where I keep drinks, snacks, medicine, random stuff, and a trash bag

Respect man i feel u, the all mighty root beer and meds :P i also have some XD but check out my build XD im still upgrading it tho

Case - Coolermaster HAF-X Cooling -- Corsair H80 Liquid Cooling CPU - Intel i7 3770k GPU - MSI GTX 680 Motherboard - Asus Maximus IV ExtremeZ RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133MHz OS Hard-drive - OCZ Vertex 2 128GB Gaming Hard-drive - Western Digital velociraptor 1TB Other Hard-drives - 2xWestern Digital portable 1TB, Western Digital 2 TB, Hitatchi 1TB. Disk Drive - Pioneer Blu-Ray drive PSU - OCZ ZX Series 1000W

HAF X UNITE !!!!!!!! LOL man i just love the wires XD btw if u want use the VGA bracket it helped me a lot specially that i have tri-sli its too heavy for the board+ the fan duct for superior cooling (not the side panel one)

img-1777900-1-SEgBGIV.pngIdk why its says it recognizes it as i-3770 (no k ) but as u can see the clock goes up to 4.3GHz  (i was running prime 95)

PS the jar is for water (we use them as glasses), and there are the gears of a watch next to it. See what Else you can find (I dare you)

that awesome moment when u notice the scorpio blue WD HDD 2TB(or 1 TB) on the leftt+ the linux mint rock i experiment on VMware all the linuxes try to make stuff compatilbe my fav is ubuntu and SUSE 

Come on, SOMEBODY tell me theirs is better than mine
 mine is better than yours (troll face) Edited by supersonic rainboom

that awesome moment when u notice the scorpio blue WD HDD 2TB(or 1 TB) on the leftt+ the linux mint rock i experiment on VMware all the linuxes try to make stuff compatilbe my fav is ubuntu and SUSE 

Don't get your hopes up, that HDD is only 500 GB XD

And yeah, linux is fun to mess around with. I'm on Lubuntu right now. Fedora is pretty fun to use too.

• 5 months later...

Trying to re-spark this thread... maybe

I never let anything of mine get dirty or messy, just a good habit I got into and a slight OCD thing.

dl4gj9K.jpg?1

8Q6sbgw.jpg

Edited by Sergei
  • Brohoof 1

Challenge accepted:

Behold the great and powerful Techpony's ghetto computer setup complete with a laser printer sitting on top of the original packaging that I'm using as a stand, a small flat screen TV that I'm using for the computer screen, and an old fashioned antenna that I'm using for my pirate TV station (Kidding! It's hooked up to the TV since we got rid of satellite awhile ago). As you can see, I'm using a TV stand since I never got around to putting my desk back together and there's a dresser from the last person that lived in the house sitting where the desk is supposed to go so I'm using this in the meantime.

Enjoy fellow ponies!

As much as I would love to post mines here, it's pretty much a standard computer with no MLP bling towards it. XD

Well, it's hidden within the documents, but that's to hide it from my parents.  :wacko:

Buddy,

Standard has to be better that the setup I'm rocking above. Go ahead, don't be shy :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not only did I get a new desk, but I got more monitors and I moved houses, so I'm going to update.

1529957_716437395035782_197304107_o.jpg

Funny thing about the chair, I found it in a house someone left almost two years ago and I  was supposed to clean it out. Well, I found that chair and  it was torn up a little, so I took it home and duck taped it. It is really comfortable. 

The side monitors are in fact a difference size, but only by a inch so there isn't really any major visible difference. The only thing I ever plan on adding is a under bar for the keyboard to rest on, and a new keyboard .-.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, baby! I finally managed to get 3 monitors working!!! :D All I had to do was enable the integrated GPU and install some drivers, and then I was able to plug two of my monitors into my discrete graphics card, and one into the onboard! :D I don't necessarily need three monitors, but it's just so cool! xD

Anyways, without further adieu, here's mah desk!

img-2281922-1-Bf13pdNCIAIUsuW.jpg

The wallpapers are for a game called "World of Tanks", which I've grown quite fond of over the past few months. :3

Edited by MatrixChicken
  • Brohoof 2

Meh. Why not.  :derp:

FMl4N.jpg

1. My LG Flatron W2252TQ 22" (or maybe it's 24, I can't remember) monitor.
  2. My Killing the Soul mouse that I got for $10 off eBay.
  3. My noisy keyboard. (I love noisy, clickity keyboards <3)
  4. 1 TB External Hard Drive.
  5. My tablet that died a week ago or so.
  6. My brothers walkie talkies. He puts the charging station there cause he's a pain in the ass.
  7. My computer tower. No special blue lights or anything (except for the fan at the back).

Specs:

• 120GB Samsung Solid State which has Windows on it.  :fiery:
  • Windows 7 Home Premium.
  • 1 TB Mechanical Hard Drive (contains my junk - and my 37.1 GB of MLP episodes and songs).
  • 500 GB Mechanical Hard Drive (used to be my primary hard drive, now it just sits there).  :eww:
  • Intel i5 3570 CPU @ 3.40 Ghz (Quad core).
  • 64 bit.
  • 8 GB of RAM.
  • a Platronics Gamecom 780 headset - not in photo.

Not anything super amazing looking, but eh well.  ^_^

Well, here's some of mine

P20702701.JPG

Some computer guts 

Not very powerful, but very quiet   :P

P20702721.JPG

1_100.png

I run simple AMD A10 5800K with 8GB of RAM and pretty much nothing else

Using Crunchbang linux, cause it's cool and that's what Twily would do  :P

Little bit of drawing there, little bit of webdesign there, whole lot of Kerbal Space Program and linux scripting everywhere  :derp:

• Brohoof 2

@,

That Chaos Effect T-Rex though. 

Edit: Didn't even notice the velocirapteryx on that shelf.

Thanks! I scored that baby on a steal; $40 on eBay. The paint is a little chipped and the one leg is a little bit loose, but it's otherwise in fine condition! :D

@,

Woo, that's a great score, dude! I have a very small (as in two figures...) Jurassic Park collection. I've got the old Dr. Grant, and the Juvenile T-Rex that somehow came with the other line's capture gear. I did have the triceratops, but my dog chewed it up... :I I've still got 'em. They're both downstairs in a little box. 

I've always wanted that Bull T-Rex. That was the coolest thing ever and still is, pushin' that little guy in the cage down it's throat. c: 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ever since I hooked up a third monitor, I had to reach under it to reach my speakers' volume controls because there was no room on my desk. Receently, however, I moved the tower down to the floor, which made the speakers accessible again, as well as making the whole desk look a bit more snazzy.

So here's some a ton of pictures of my battlestation, as well as the living room, where all the gaming happens. :3

The living room TV:

post-3479-0-93590500-1397309501_thumb.png

My battlestation corner:

post-3479-0-52044600-1397309491_thumb.png

Where the controllers and stuff are stached:

post-3479-0-73977800-1397309480_thumb.png

The bookshelf:

post-3479-0-81996700-1397309463_thumb.png

My tiny Wii/Wii U game "collection":

post-3479-0-29596000-1397309448_thumb.png

My even tinier 3DS and DS collection:

post-3479-0-72848100-1397309437_thumb.png

Closer-up on the battlestation:

post-3479-0-64593400-1397309427_thumb.png

All my sweggin' devices (middle iPod is my sister's):

post-3479-0-85750500-1397309416_thumb.png

Aaaaaand my wonderful wiring:

post-3479-0-83053300-1397309374_thumb.png

Sooooo yeah. Nothing too amazing, but is cool.

Post your battlestations, guys! :D

Edited by MatrixChicken

Ever since I hooked up a third monitor

Dayum, three monitors. You must have a pretty powerful computer.

My 'battlestation'

lel

An Acer Aspire V3-571G

acer-v5.jpg

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz)

GPU: Nvidia GT 640M 2GB VRAM

RAM: 4 GB DDR3 Memory

HDD: 750 GB