Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Post a pic of your Desktop Setup

chubzz

(edited)

Is it okay if I post every part of my set up instead?

Monitor: Asus VH232H: Posted Image

Computer: ibuypower gamer power 913i: Posted Image

Graphics card: Asus Radeon 7750: Posted Image

Mouse: Razer Deathadder Posted Image

Everything else is unimportant.

Edited by Rochambo

Wow...all of you guys have nice desks. i'm just using a table for a desk :lol: Nothing special about my set up other than the music equipment, and the custom Rainbow Dash and Vinyl Scratch figures ;) Sorry about the pic quality.... had to take it with my phone.

Posted Image

I've gone ahead and merged your thread with an already existing one that deals with the same subject. Always be sure to use the search function to see if there's already a thread on the same topic!

While I'm here I thought I'd share my humble little setup I've got here.

Posted Image

1. Speakers

2. 2TB external hard-drive

3. Wacom Bamboo Connect tablet

4. Keyboard

5. Subwoofer

6. 22.5" monitor

7. Tower

• Brohoof 2

I try to avoid any kinda clutter or desk chaos - I can't function properly unless everything is neat and clean.

You are a champion my friend...

Anyways, I don't have a good computer like you guys. I have a laggy laptop that I just bring wherever. I can't do much of anything with it.

(edited)

My battlestation:

post-6104-0-32315400-1342313586_thumb.jpg

Behind my coffee mug, which is sitting betwixt my headphones, is the latest line of McDonald's pony figures. Only Applejack is clearly visible. My desktop is hard to see thanks to the flash, but I'm using KDE, which I never thought I would love as much as I do now.

Me jelly... Anyway here's mine (not nearly as impressive):

I Love the flux capacitor on the front of your case.

Posted Image

I like the way you have everything arranged, but that Dimension must be pushing about 8 years-old; at least the model is if not that particular unit. Might be time for an upgrade unless you've retained the case and put some monstrous hardware inside. If I can get an old AT system I would want to put some beastly hardware in it and take it to LAN parties; tell everybody that my turbo button is what makes it so fast.

I try to avoid any kinda clutter or desk chaos - I can't function properly unless everything is neat and clean.

That long art print above your two monitors, the one with Celestia and the Manes: where did you get it? I must have one.

Edited by Artemis

My battlestation:

post-6104-0-32315400-1342313586_thumb.jpg

I like the way you have everything arranged, but that Dimension must be pushing about 8 years-old; at least the model is if not that particular unit. Might be time for an upgrade unless you've retained the case and put some monstrous hardware inside. If I can get an old AT system I would want to put some beastly hardware in it and take it to LAN parties; tell everybody that my turbo button is what makes it so fast.

That computer recently failed, so I upgraded to an Optiplex refurbish. It's just a Pentium 4 HT with 2GB RAM, but it's an upgrade nonetheless.

That computer recently failed, so I upgraded to an Optiplex refurbish. It's just a Pentium 4 HT with 2GB RAM, but it's an upgrade nonetheless.

That's still more than sufficient for common tasks. At work we just replaced our last room full of Dimension 2400s. They had 2.6GHz P4s with 1GB of memory. Somehow they ran Windows 7 respectably well. When somebody went through the room and stole half of the memory they became almost unusable, and we were able to convince the brass to give us enough money to put some modern machines in there.

That long art print above your two monitors, the one with Celestia and the Manes: where did you get it? I must have one.

It was drawn by CuteSkitty on Deviantart - http://fav.me/d4keyog

It's not available as a print, however, so instead I just sent her a note asking for permission to have a copy printed out (always ask permission before printing something off of DA - it's the polite thing to do), and then once I got the OK, I just took it to a print shop and had them make an 18" x 36" copy of it.

The frame was a bit more difficult, however, as 18x36 is not a common poster size, and thus it's hard to find frames in that size. I got the frame from Michael's - they sell sets of frame edges, so you can mix and match sizes (in this case, I got a set of 18" edges and a set of 36" edges) - you just buy whichever size you need, and put them together. Then you can go to any home improvement store (Home Depot, Lowes, etc) and get a sheet of glass or plastic cut to be a cover. It wasn't too expensive (I think only $20 USD, while a normal poster frame runs about $15 USD), but a little bit time consuming.

The other two posters (link and link) also came from DA (again, printed with permission), but they're standard 36"x24" posters, so I already had the frames for those.

Updated my new Battle station layout. This is the main. I had to stand 7 feet back just to get a semi-decent picture.

Posted Image

Closeup on the left side

Posted Image

Closeup on the right side.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Updated my new Battle station layout. This is the main. I had to stand 7 feet back just to get a semi-decent picture.

I think it's safe to say that I'm jelly.

Anyway, here's mine:

Posted Image

• 5 months later...

this is similar to the "post your desktop " thread but instead of you desktop lets see your desk and whats on it. and a breif list of its contents. no cleaning no staging. i will go first

my wifes tv that i stole and brought to work to better see ponies

a 1915 elgin 7 jewel pocket watch

cup o water

smith and wesson 686-6+ 357

morton salt

a bag o jolly ranchers (all cherry) i buy 4 bags at a time and condense them down to cherry and apple

a fax machine brought over on the mayflower

post-10531-0-70806400-1356935669_thumb.jpg

Here's my man corner. It's super cluttered and really messy because it was a really busy week last week. My desk tends to get super cluttered when I'm on it a lot. I thought of cleaning it up before taking a picture, but "no cleaning no staging". Sooo here it is:

IMG_0187.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've always been under the assumption that the location where I spend most of my day (my desk) is pretty ordinary, but that got me thinking: what does the "ordinary" desk look like? I assume most people are fairly organized when it comes to their computer, but what about the rest of the environment directly outside of the computer? Are most people neat? Messy? Are there lots of screens? One screen? Homework? Tax returns? I had never even pondered that question.

So: what does you desk look like? Is there a single screen, or many? Pencils? Pens? Papers? Printers? Do you even use a regular desk? (For all I know, you could be viewing this in your dining room on an Ipad.)

For me, I don't have much room for a mess. Most of the desk space is occupied by computers:

(I admit to cleaning up a bit before taking these photos.)

Items in the photo:

Computer stuff:
Stock Acer Aspire 8730 series. (left)
Custom built Acer Aspire V3 series. (center)
Extra monitor connected to the Aspire V3 (right)
Sony 5.1 Surround Sound.
Wacom Bamboo drawing tablet.
Turtle Beach Earforce X12 headset.
Gunnar PPK Onyx/Mercury computer glasses.
Wireless mouse (not shown)
Overhead desk lamp.

Not computer stuff:
Rarity. (Glitter wings)
Rarity. (Crystal blindbag version)
A storage rack above the surround sound controls.
A woven basket with all sorts of random junk.

Lots of pencils/pens (hidden behind the extra monitor)

A Photoshop tutorial book.
Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace, which I have yet to read.
Water flavoring. (Why is that on my desk?)
A Celestia/Luna coin.

There is also a self built Dell Pentium D server in a different room (our bonus room) that I can control remotely from either laptop. It's not in the room, but I consider it a part of the whole setup.

So, what does your layout look like?

Edited by CloudFyre
  • Brohoof 5

Desk? You mean my Couch? Well, in that case it's fine. Thanks for asking. But I'm planning on getting a gaming Computer and a new desk to put in the spare room on Saturday so Can't wait for that :D.

PS. Nice computers and backgrounds.

Edited by Blinding Light
  • Brohoof 1

Hello!

Sorry, no pictures from me :P. But there's a monitor infront of me, behind it to large (Very large) Speakers. (80cm in height). Other then that, there's a scanner and a printer, a collection of pencils, some water, paper. It's preety empty, but i like to keep everything organized and clean :P

• Brohoof 1

Got to admit, thats a really nice setup, much more room than I have as you can see.

post-10109-0-69886200-1358361442_thumb.jpgpost-10109-0-78027200-1358361463_thumb.jpgpost-10109-0-75249000-1358361481_thumb.jpg

Yes I do have a random Sonic Screwdriver! That blue thing beneath the microphone is my glasses case and for some reason I have 3D glasses. I use my TV as my monitor because it saved me money on buying an actual one, plus I don't have much room.

Edited by Aaramus
  • Brohoof 1

Giant mess, but eh. My monitor and computer are all I need, but my keyboard, speakers and mouse need upgrading.

L6IpG.jpg

That's Brigand the Penguin up next to the screen there there. (Plus a family in the top left. I have 38 penguins, only four six in the shot.)

Razer Carcharias next to the keyboard, got 'em for Christmas. Super awesome. Then my XBox 360 in the corner, mostly just for Halo/Dragon's Dogma/any other game that isn't on the PC.

I should chuck that box of Maltesers. Finished 'em an hour ago.

Im my man cave as usual and the desk is covered in junk as usual' date=' The rest of my house is tidy but thats probably because I never spend time in the rest of it.

-snip-

I never realised how crappy my phone camera is  :(

p.s yes that is a rainbow dash plushie.[/quote']

A GameCube and a lava lamp. You, sir or ma'am, are awesome.

@ Aaramus - Chelsea is best pony.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 4