Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

35th anniversary g1 sold in target

TBD

Hey guys, so this was like a week old news but I have tried to search for these in almost all targets and none of the store have them in stock. Is this some sort of error? and has anyone spotted them at their target? I fear it might been a limited edition items or a pre-release item. what do you guys think?

https://www.mlpmerch.com/2018/01/35th-anniversary-g1-ponies-appear-at-target.html?showComment=1516159825177#c2761493705701782083

• 2 weeks later...

They are also going to be sold at Toys R us I'm told. There is actually a campaign going on in the MLP collector community to write to the company making these ponies, hoping they will do other ponies.

But actually, Hasbro has been calling this particular set of ponies the 'collector ponies' even going back as far as 1986. I have some stuff I got in the mail back in the 80's that shows Hasbro was thinking of the original ponies as collector ponies even back then, etc.

If you like to get the retro stuff, you might want to look into the collector forums for info on them. I haven't been to a target to pick them up but I already have these ponies from back in the day so I really don't 'need' them again. They also issued these ponies back in the 25th, although I'm told by other collectors that these new ones are much better quality than the last reissue.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, KarentheUnicorn said:

who is Nightmare Muffins?

@Nightmare Muffin is the user responsible for convincing myself and Fhaolan to create the Prior Gen subforum. He hasn't logged in for a few weeks, but this is right up his alley. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2018 at 8:10 AM, KarentheUnicorn said:

They are also going to be sold at Toys R us I'm told. There is actually a campaign going on in the MLP collector community to write to the company making these ponies, hoping they will do other ponies.

But actually, Hasbro has been calling this particular set of ponies the 'collector ponies' even going back as far as 1986. I have some stuff I got in the mail back in the 80's that shows Hasbro was thinking of the original ponies as collector ponies even back then, etc.

If you like to get the retro stuff, you might want to look into the collector forums for info on them. I haven't been to a target to pick them up but I already have these ponies from back in the day so I really don't 'need' them again. They also issued these ponies back in the 25th, although I'm told by other collectors that these new ones are much better quality than the last reissue.

Are you for serious about them being sold at TrU? Awesome!!!

Edited by Leave a Whisper

1 hour ago, Leave a Whisper said:

Are you for serious about them being sold at TrU? Awesome!!!

I read it either on facebook or on another ponyboard, I can't remember which. I know on the company that is making this set of 'collector ponies' I saw a post that had the image of the pretty parlor in it so they may be planning to do even bigger sets.

Collectors are actually writing to the company in an attempt to get them to make some G1 sets that were never made, etc.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, KarentheUnicorn said:

I read it either on facebook or on another ponyboard, I can't remember which. I know on the company that is making this set of 'collector ponies' I saw a post that had the image of the pretty parlor in it so they may be planning to do even bigger sets.

Collectors are actually writing to the company in an attempt to get them to make some G1 sets that were never made, etc.

I wrote them too. Never got a response. I'm on the TP and the Arena btw.

15 hours ago, Leave a Whisper said:

I wrote them too. Never got a response. I'm on the TP and the Arena btw.

Ok, thought your name looked familar

;)

I think there was a thread on the Basic Fun's facebook page, but it's probably a good place to post and ask them to make more original MLP for those who are interested, since they are technically the company that redid the collector set.

Basic Fun Toys Facebook

OMG, just found a image on facebook and someone posted it on the arena as well....Basic Fun is apprently redoing the original 6 Uni/Peg set as well. I already knew about the rainbow ponies. But the instigram picture shows a bunch...OMG

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfSSt7PhwNG/

• Brohoof 1

My eyes spy a very fresh-looking Minty and I feel the need to expand my collection of G1 ponies (that is currently ridiculously tiny) now. :wacko: This kind of excitement hasn't happened with MLP merch for a good while - there'd be even more excitement if they're going to make Medley too.

On 2/17/2018 at 4:01 PM, Jaspers said:

My eyes spy a very fresh-looking Minty and I feel the need to expand my collection of G1 ponies (that is currently ridiculously tiny) now. :wacko: This kind of excitement hasn't happened with MLP merch for a good while - there'd be even more excitement if they're going to make Medley too.

The photo shows that the original set of Uni/Peg's is on the list to be re-released. Back in 1983, my first ponies were Moondancer and Firefly, which are part of that set. I'm excited to see these ponies re-released. Even though I still own all my original ponies, so I do have these, I may buy them again simple because they look so beautiful in the display box.

In the collector MLP community we are actually writing to Basic Fun / Bridge Direct (the company making these) to get them to produce some G1 that hasbro never put into production but made artwork for, etc.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...