Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did you discover MLP

Feather Scribbles

I used to watch fan videos, but I never fully knew the context behind them. Eventually, I decided to try watching the show and well, here we are today.

It was early in 2012 and I think I found it because I were watching some  tf2 memes  and happened to find a version with rainbow dash saying "Are you a spy"

Then I basically became curious and checked out the series and got hooked.

Then a few days afterwards I found this site.

Edited by Rainy_days

A little under a year ago I met a brony online, and he said if I lost the game I would have to watch the first two episodes of mlp, and I took him up on the challenge. The rest is pretty self explanatory 

Edited by DatBronyGuy

It was 2001, I was watching the original MLP series (I was crazy for Care Bears at the time, and since 80s ponies were considered their rivals, I was interested :3). I saw mentions about this new series inside SwiftHeartRabbitHole forum, I think, and decided to check an episode on youtube at random; it "Call Of The Cutie". Needless to say, I was fascinated by the show design, characters and how it told a story (which I found more informative and compelling then your typical cartoon of the time, where telling fun, crazy story was all that matered). After that, I checked the first season as a whole, just in time for the final episode to air. From then, it started my love for this ponies :wub:

• 1 month later...

Back in mid-2011, I was linked to a series on youtube that was just a reading of various posts on TVTropes forums. I ended up watching through/listening to most of them while playing games and they had a few on cloppers. They made me laugh and it went to the back of my mind not knowing about mlp or the rabid fanbase at the time. A few weeks later, I saw a pony somewhere on the internet and a reference to bronies and after searching found out about the show.

Again, I put it to the back of my mind and all but forgot about it until a week or so later. Going to bed, I turned on the TV to watch something to help me fall asleep. While looking at the guide from my cable provider, I noticed MLP:FiM coming on. I turned it on curious as to what drew so many people into it. After watching Fall Weather Friends, I hadn't dismissed it because they were able to write a story that didn't fit the typical little girls cartoon. I watched the next episode, Suited for Success, and instantly fell in love with the show and enjoyed the message they portrayed in that episode.

I set my computer to download the entire first season and after sleeping, marathoned the entire season in 1 sitting. Looking up info on the show wanting more, I was treated to info that season 2 was set to air in about a month. I went on a spree of eating up all of the most popular/infamous fanfiction that the fandom had to offer at the time waiting for season 2. 

• 1 month later...

I discovered MLP from a couple of my friends. We were at a card shop playing a card game called, Cardfight Vanguard. Two of my friends were bringing it up while discussing current anime at the time. As they brought it up, I simply ignored them and didn't want to be interested in the show. They kept asking me to watch the show and showed me two MLP videos. One was the song, "This Day in Aria." The other video that they showed me was the Epic Pie Time video. After several months of being asked to watch the show, I decided to give the show a chance. Once I saw the first three episode, I was hooked into the show and I've been watching the show ever since. 

Can't remember, but it was waaay back then, I did see some ads of it, but never did watch any of the shows. 2015 is the year that I got into watching this show. Though, I didn't start off with the 2 part pilot episodes. Can't remember the first episode that I watched. Anyways, from then on. BOOM! Fell in love with the show.

Watched the first episode by accident because I really liked the Hub channel because they had such a good line-up of TV shows when it started. Ever since then, I've watched all the episodes up to S5, then an occasional 2-3 episodes from every season past that. I've kinda taken a long hiatus from the show. I need to catch up. :adorkable:

Edited by CinnamonPop

• 2 years later...

During the Christmas break of 1994, Tales was aired as part of the morning cartoon block. We were all forced to watch it, and it was agreed in school later that even the boys had enjoyed the show.

So answer: Discovered by force to watch!