Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming 70$ for....cardboard ? really nintendo?

Angle Alastor

1 minute ago, Kyoshi said:

Thinking of new and unique ideas is fine, even if they are insanely stupid like this, but Nintendo should really get their shit together first before doing this little venture. Like I said, the Switch still lacks basic features and the UI is as basic as it could possibly get. The fake 5.0 firmware that someone made packs in loads of features that people actually want and the Switch currently lacks. If they would concentrate on that first or at least give us something to go on like some info, then I wouldn't be as irritated.

Get their shit together? What are you talking about?

Nintendo's biggest problem with the Wii U was poor third party support and games. Nintendo is focusing heavily on games and third-party support. How is that not focusing on the top priorities over multi-media features? Nintendo already confirmed Multi-media features are coming and that they are working on the Virtual Console, so it's not like they are not doing anything with those, they are just taking longer than expected. It's better to take your time and get it right than to rush it out to meet demand and it be broken and buggy. Not to mention games are the number one reason consoles sell, so naturally games are the top focus. I'd say this is the smartest they've been.

3 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Virtually no one? Except I use the Xbox One web browser all the time. I like to perhaps play a game for a bit, then take a quick break, perhaps check up on the forums or something or a gaming news site.

And you are in the minority. Most people don't use them. They hardly ever get updated for a reason. It's a nice feature to have, but if no one is using it then it's kind of a waste of time and money to get a feature that a minority of users will even find useful. Most people have a smartphone or a computer, if they need to look something up, it's far more convenient to use those. The reality is that very few actually care about a web browser on consoles.

6 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

The Switch would only benefit from that,

Yes and no.

While you're correct in that the feature doesn't harm anyone's experience, it does cost money to develop and maintain. It's cheaper to manufacture some cardboard than it is to develop a web browser.

7 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Everyone keeps saying "but it is a games console it needs games games games games!" Yeah, that is true. So why the hell are people treating this new cardboard thing like christ in video game form? If people only care about the games and only games, then they should be protesting this garbage.

Except no one is doing that. Literally no one. People are saying it's a nifty innovative idea, but they are not calling it the next thing that will outsell Call of Duty or something. The reaction to this thing is mostly mixed, don't exaggerate. People aren't protesting this because well... Even if it's a dumb idea for a game, it is more or less a game in a way.

8 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Labo is what I was referring to there. I understand that Labo isn't for me whatsoever, but Nintendo needs to stop with the cryptic, not telling us anything bullshit about other projects. I actually really like the Switch, though now I have a small fear for its future.

1 hour ago, Key Sharkz said:

Ah I see. Thank you for the clarification.

Switch is doing fine, numbers show that. I wouldn't worry too much.

9 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

That's not my point. The Kinect wasn't good, that was explained to me earlier but I already knew that. However, it still was better than this cardboard shit, because the cardboard literally adds nothing to the experience. The Kinect at least did have something like that, granted it just wasn't very good. Everyone hated it because it was casual shit and it didn't add much to games, but then I ask, what the hell is Labo? A bunch of pointless fluff. Yet, people are losing their shit like it is the best thing ever.

Labo is being praised by some because currently not many people would try something like this. It's not a great idea, but people are encouraging exploration. The Kinnect was panned mostly because it only existed as a competition to the Wii Motion Plus. Microsoft just wanted to get in on the craze. I don't really see many people actually screaming this is a great idea.

10 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Of course we can't get the opinions of 10 million people. I've seen enough though to draw some sort of conclusion. I was monitoring the YouTube comments as soon as Labo was announced and the majority of people were saying that this is 'so creative' and 'extremely innovative' and 'Nintendo always knows how to think differently' and all sorts of other praises for cardboard. Many people are treating this like it is an evolution in gaming, when it is literally a step back.

First of all, you saw maybe what... 500 comments? A tiny sample size of 10 million. Secondly saying "extremely innovative" doesn't mean they are calling it the second coming or that they are saying they are going to buy it. You are stretching the definition of "treating it like the second coming", clearly.

12 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Except multi-media features are on everything now and only add to the value of whatever they are on.

Yes and no.

Due to the multi-media features being on virtually everything, chances are nothing is lost from not having them on the Switch as everyone likely already has a device that does them anyway, if not several.

17 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Get their shit together? What are you talking about?

Nintendo's biggest problem with the Wii U was poor third party support and games. Nintendo is focusing heavily on games and third-party support. How is that not focusing on the top priorities over multi-media features? Nintendo already confirmed Multi-media features are coming and that they are working on the Virtual Console, so it's not like they are not doing anything with those, they are just taking longer than expected. It's better to take your time and get it right than to rush it out to meet demand and it be broken and buggy. Not to mention games are the number one reason consoles sell, so naturally games are the top focus. I'd say this is the smartest they've been.

You could have fooled me. Nintendo isn't telling us anything right now. We did get the mini direct, which was port haven but that's fine, even then, we still don't have any real info about anything else. We know some games are coming, but there are still many questions. Questions that could be answered at the next major Direct. Of course Nintendo isn't telling us jack shit about when that could happen, so the core fans are currently being left in the dark.

And you are in the minority. Most people don't use them. They hardly ever get updated for a reason. It's a nice feature to have, but if no one is using it then it's kind of a waste of time and money to get a feature that a minority of users will even find useful. Most people have a smartphone or a computer, if they need to look something up, it's far more convenient to use those. The reality is that very few actually care about a web browser on consoles.

Far more convenient? Not really. The fact that I can jump from a game to the web browser back to the game on my Xbox One makes it a hell of a lot easier, not to mention not having to use my phone which has a fairly tiny display, not to mention typing with its touch screen keyboard which is always a pain in the ass. The 3DS had a web browser and other features. Sure, the web browser on that was a pile of vomit, but that doesn't mean the Switch version would be. If they could do it on the 3DS, then they could do it on the Switch.

Yes and no.

While you're correct in that the feature doesn't harm anyone's experience, it does cost money to develop and maintain. It's cheaper to manufacture some cardboard than it is to develop a web browser.

I think we already established that money is currently not an issue with Nintendo and the Switch. Not to mention, their paid online service could be launching this year. Even at only $20 per year, that is a ton of extra money flowing in on top of the Switch sales. So I will never accept funding as an excuse to not include something as basic as this.

Except no one is doing that. Literally no one. People are saying it's a nifty innovative idea, but they are not calling it the next thing that will outsell Call of Duty or something. The reaction to this thing is mostly mixed, don't exaggerate. People aren't protesting this because well... Even if it's a dumb idea for a game, it is more or less a game in a way.

Like I said, I have seen countless comments saying that this IS the 'next big thing' and so on and so on. I know a bit later you once again attempt to invalidate that by saying 'that's not all Switch owners' when I already said we can't get the opinions of all 10 million people. I am just going by what I see and basing a conclusion from that. That's all  I can do in this scenario.

Labo is being praised by some because currently not many people would try something like this. It's not a great idea, but people are encouraging exploration. The Kinnect was panned mostly because it only existed as a competition to the Wii Motion Plus. Microsoft just wanted to get in on the craze. I don't really see many people actually screaming this is a great idea.

Don't get me wrong here, I am not defending the Kinect as if it was a good thing because it was a glorified dust magnet, but it was unique in its execution. The fact that is could use full body motion and be at least somewhat accurate was a cool idea, just not a good one for gaming. I am getting that vibe at least 10x over for Labo. Maybe a neat idea, but definitely not a good idea for gaming.

Yes and no.

Due to the multi-media features being on virtually everything, chances are nothing is lost from not having them on the Switch as everyone likely already has a device that does them anyway, if not several.

Which means that if everyone else can do it, so can Nintendo with ease. They have the money, they have the developers, they can do that. Hell, that fake firmware I talked about? People were losing their minds over that because it had so many features that people wanted, and I even saw comments from people saying that they would love to have youtube and a web browser on the Switch since it is portable. Both of those things were in this fake firmware. If one friggin guy can make a fake firmware that has loads of features that people want and an entire dev team at Nintendo can't do that, then that is sad. Nintendo hasn't even added in messaging to friends yet. If they are going to charge for their online play, they better have something planned. Which they very well might, but they aren't letting us know that.

7 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

You could have fooled me. Nintendo isn't telling us anything right now.

They're telling us games are coming out, I'd say that's an important detail, probably the only one that matters at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Questions that could be answered at the next major Direct. Of course Nintendo isn't telling us jack shit about when that could happen, so the core fans are currently being left in the dark.

Supposedly in February. Hey, I'm content considering we can't expect everything all at once, right?

9 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Far more convenient? Not really.

Again, you're in the minority it looks like. Smartphones are so popular that the majority of people online are connected via a smartphone.

I think we already established that money is currently not an issue with Nintendo and the Switch.

You keep money by avoiding spending money you aren't going to get back. That's economics. Nintendo is not focusing on products that have no return at the moment.

Not to mention, their paid online service could be launching this year. Even at only $20 per year, that is a ton of extra money flowing in on top of the Switch sales. So I will never accept funding as an excuse to not include something as basic as this.

Funding isn't the issue it's profits. Why spend money on something that likely will generate no profit or very little or result in little increased sales when you can focus on games that have proven to increase sales. No one is going to run out and buy a Switch because it has a web browser now and it didn't previously.

11 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Like I said, I have seen countless comments saying that this IS the 'next big thing' and so on and so on. I know a bit later you once again attempt to invalidate that by saying 'that's not all Switch owners' when I already said we can't get the opinions of all 10 million people. I am just going by what I see and basing a conclusion from that. That's all  I can do in this scenario.

Not true. You could just not make assumptions based upon your personal experience. The reality is also we have no way to even verify what most of these comments mean. Someone saying "this is innovative" doesn't mean they think it's good. You're basing it entirely off of your subjective view of it all. No polls were conducted, nothing. There is nothing concrete to go upon. So it's better to just make no assumptions.

13 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Don't get me wrong here, I am not defending the Kinect as if it was a good thing because it was a glorified dust magnet, but it was unique in its execution. The fact that is could use full body motion and be at least somewhat accurate was a cool idea, just not a good one for gaming. I am getting that vibe at least 10x over for Labo. Maybe a neat idea, but definitely not a good idea for gaming.

31 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Probably, yes.

14 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Which means that if everyone else can do it, so can Nintendo with ease. They have the money, they have the developers, they can do that. Hell, that fake firmware I talked about? People were losing their minds over that because it had so many features that people wanted, and I even saw comments from people saying that they would love to have youtube and a web browser on the Switch since it is portable. Both of those things were in this fake firmware. If one friggin guy can make a fake firmware that has loads of features that people want and an entire dev team at Nintendo can't do that, then that is sad. Nintendo hasn't even added in messaging to friends yet. If they are going to charge for their online play, they better have something planned. Which they very well might, but they aren't letting us know that.

If they want to spend the money. Again spending money with no promise of a return is the first step of money to losing money. The features will come, they just are taking time. It's better to promise nothing and then roll out updates than to make all these promises that you have no idea if you will even be able to deliver. I think it's far smarter to say nothing until you have something concrete.

6 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

They're telling us games are coming out, I'd say that's an important detail, probably the only one that matters at the moment.

Sony told us that with Vita.

Supposedly in February. Hey, I'm content considering we can't expect everything all at once, right?

That's you. I think the Switch could do better and I would really like to hear what Nintendo has in mind. I say that because I like the system.

8 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Again, you're in the minority it looks like. Smartphones are so popular that the majority of people online are connected via a smartphone.

By this logic then we shouldn't have web browsers or Youtube on anything but smartphones. Yet tons of are doing it. Again, even the 3DS had this stuff. One can say 'but nobody uses it', but it is always nice to have.

9 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

You keep money by avoiding spending money you aren't going to get back. That's economics. Nintendo is not focusing on products that have no return at the moment.

Again, they had no problems with putting this stuff on the 3DS and that system could barely even handle a web browser without collapsing on itself.

10 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Funding isn't the issue it's profits. Why spend money on something that likely will generate no profit or very little or result in little increased sales when you can focus on games that have proven to increase sales. No one is going to run out and buy a Switch because it has a web browser now and it didn't previously.

If that's the case, then why did Nintendo go out of their way to make some stupid smartphone app that nobody asked for? They omitted voice chat entirely and instead made a stupid smartphone app. That's not getting them any money at all, yet here we are. Nobody is going to run out and buy a Switch over some dumb smartphone app either, yet here we are. It still exists.

12 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Not true. You could just not make assumptions based upon your personal experience. The reality is also we have no way to even verify what most of these comments mean. Someone saying "this is innovative" doesn't mean they think it's good. You're basing it entirely off of your subjective view of it all. No polls were conducted, nothing. There is nothing concrete to go upon. So it's better to just make no assumptions.

It is called making an assessment based on what I saw. That's what I did. I can continue looking into the comments if you'd like, but I know for a fact that I saw most people praising this Labo thing to the heavens. 

14 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

If they want to spend the money. Again spending money with no promise of a return is the first step of money to losing money. The features will come, they just are taking time. It's better to promise nothing and then roll out updates than to make all these promises that you have no idea if you will even be able to deliver. I think it's far smarter to say nothing until you have something concrete.

I am not one for that honestly. I am more for a company being up front with its consumers. I know that they shouldn't make promises they can't keep, but that doesn't mean that they have to be totally silent on everything.

Sony told us that with Vita.

18 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

One company's blunder doesn't mean it's indicative of what every company who speaks similar words will do.

2 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

That's you. I think the Switch could do better and I would really like to hear what Nintendo has in mind. I say that because I like the system.

19 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

I like it too, and again it's going to happen, just not as fast as you want.

By this logic then we shouldn't have web browsers or Youtube on anything but smartphones. Yet tons of are doing it. Again, even the 3DS had this stuff. One can say 'but nobody uses it', but it is always nice to have.

That's not really following the same logic string. Youtube and web browsers are on smartphones because they are popular on those platforms as they are with PCs. Web browsers are not popular on consoles so it's generally a waste of time to make them to appease a tiny audience. The 3DS web browser was terrible and few used it and most forgot it was there. Why bother wasting the time, money and resources?

4 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Again, they had no problems with putting this stuff on the 3DS and that system could barely even handle a web browser without collapsing on itself.

20 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

It's called experimentation. They experimented with the 3DS, it didn't work so why continue when they know the results now?

4 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

If that's the case, then why did Nintendo go out of their way to make some stupid smartphone app that nobody asked for? They omitted voice chat entirely and instead made a stupid smartphone app. That's not getting them any money at all, yet here we are. Nobody is going to run out and buy a Switch over some dumb smartphone app either, yet here we are. It still exists.

Misguidance. They made a step in the wrong direction, can't deny that. But missteps happen, that doesn't mean we should encourage them to get behind more stuff that statistically is proven to generate few sales.

5 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

It is called making an assessment based on what I saw. That's what I did. I can continue looking into the comments if you'd like, but I know for a fact that I saw most people praising this Labo thing to the heavens. 

22 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Again, we're talking a tiny sample size without any official polling done. It's hardly anything to go off of. We can't even weed out who's trolling or using alt accounts. I'll stick to evidence that is easier to back up and prove and omit anecdotal evidence thank you.

I am not one for that honestly. I am more for a company being up front with its consumers. I know that they shouldn't make promises they can't keep, but that doesn't mean that they have to be totally silent on everything.

Silence is not inherently not being up front. It means there is nothing to report yet.

Your first mistake was taking YouTube comments with anything more than a grain of salt.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Key Sharkz said:

One company's blunder doesn't mean it's indicative of what every company who speaks similar words will do.

Sure, but I am still taking what they say with caution.

2 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

That's not really following the same logic string. Youtube and web browsers are on smartphones because they are popular on those platforms as they are with PCs. Web browsers are not popular on consoles so it's generally a waste of time to make them to appease a tiny audience. The 3DS web browser was terrible and few used it and most forgot it was there. Why bother wasting the time, money and resources?

They should be improving on things, not getting rid of them. Case in point, the 3DS web browser. It was terrible, that is why nobody used it. With the Switch they can do so much more with it and they have no reason not to. Again, the Smartphone app appeases basically nobody, but still exists.

3 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Misguidance. They made a step in the wrong direction, can't deny that. But missteps happen, that doesn't mean we should encourage them to get behind more stuff that statistically is proven to generate few sales.

I would agree with this, if the Smartphone app wasn't still around. Nobody like it, nobody asked for it, yet Nintendo still insists on keeping it. You said Nintendo should not focus on things nobody wants. That app is the epitome of that. If they can make an app that nobody wanted, then they sure can make a web browser that a minority of people wants.

5 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Again, we're talking a tiny sample size without any official polling done. It's hardly anything to go off of. We can't even weed out who's trolling or using alt accounts. I'll stick to evidence that is easier to back up and prove and omit anecdotal evidence thank you.

By that logic then we can't exactly trust most sources, if any. No reason to read any comments at all then. Not even mine or yours.

Silence is not inherently not being up front. It means there is nothing to report yet.

That in itself is pure speculation. Which, that's all this is, speculation.

Just now, Kyoshi said:

Sure, but I am still taking what they say with caution.

Sure. That’s acceptable.

Just now, Kyoshi said:

ey should be improving on things, not getting rid of them. Case in point, the 3DS web browser. It was terrible, that is why nobody used it. With the Switch they can do so much more with it and they have no reason not to. Again, the Smartphone app appeases basically nobody, but still exists.

Blunders happen. It wasn’t done on purpose.

I would agree with this, if the Smartphone app wasn't still around. Nobody like it, nobody asked for it, yet Nintendo still insists on keeping it. You said Nintendo should not focus on things nobody wants. That app is the epitome of that. If they can make an app that nobody wanted, then they sure can make a web browser that a minority of people wants.

To be fair they could be keeping it until they have a replacement...

By that logic then we can't exactly trust most sources, if any. No reason to read any comments at all then. Not even mine or yours.

Not true, it’s just people commenting on something in an unsubstantiated amount with no research done is hardly anything to go on.

3 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

That in itself is pure speculation. Which, that's all this is, speculation.

And?

Just now, Key Sharkz said:

And?

And it means that anything we say basically means nothing. I acknowledge that. Nintendo is gonna do this no matter what I think or what others think. It all depends on if it sells.

1 minute ago, Key Sharkz said:

To be fair they could be keeping it until they have a replacement...

Which would be kinda weird since it costs them money to have it on the app stores anyways, so that is just lost money for something nobody wants.

At this point, the way I see it is this: If this Labo nonsense doesn't distract them from doing things that actually matter, then whatever, I can ignore it. So I suppose it is a wait and see game.

Just now, Kyoshi said:

And it means that anything we say basically means nothing. I acknowledge that. Nintendo is gonna do this no matter what I think or what others think. It all depends on if it sells.

5 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Well obviously, no one was expecting this conversation to change anything I'm sure. We're all just having a discussion. Any discussion is usually just voicing our thoughts, I thought that was a given.

Just now, Kyoshi said:

Which would be kinda weird since it costs them money to have it on the app stores anyways, so that is just lost money for something nobody wants.

App store actually only is a one time fee for Google and Apple. Apple just requires a license to continue making apps. It only costs Nintendo $99 a year for each employee making the apps which likely isn't that many. I mean getting rid of it with no replacement would be equally dumb.

At this point, the way I see it is this: If this Labo nonsense doesn't distract them from doing things that actually matter, then whatever, I can ignore it. So I suppose it is a wait and see game.

That's the spirit!

>Complaining about a console not having a web browser

If you use your console as your main way to browse the net then there is probably something wrong with you

Also, while I think the Switch not having Netflix at this point is a bit silly, it’s a really dumb thing to prioritize on a game console 

• Brohoof 7

Well we know Pokemon is coming, just no idea when. We also know that Animal Crossing likely will happen too, as Nintendo clearly wants to expand that franchise.

Yeah, Pokemon was a nice announcement. The problem is that I was so unimpressed with Sun/Moon that I really feel like Game Freak will have to prove to me that they want to make a good Pokemon game again before I get excited about it. They certainly didn't do that with Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. Granted those are nothing more than tweaked versions of Sun/Moon, but... Some of those tweaks could have gone toward fixing problems I had with the games which so far I've seen none of that from what people have been saying (I haven't bought US/UM).

Animal Crossing is "likely" to happen, but Nintendo won't show it to us. That is what is making me frustrated here. I have absolutely nothing to look forward to on the Switch right now other than a Pokemon title only mentioned by name that could just be a continuation of Game Freak's Generation VII choices.

I commend you for coming to that conclusion. I mean that's all it is at the end of the day. A game/add on that no one is obligated to get and it won't hinder any future experiences, right? It's also easy to believe something is the majority when it's all you see. Most of the time what we see is the vocal minority, but sometimes it is the majority. So far the reactions I've seen to it are more or less in the middle. Some laughing at it, some praising it, and others sort of indifferent towards it. I'm kind of indifferent towards it myself.

I've seen some concern that this could turn out to be enough of a success and Nintendo could go running with it. You know like what happened with the Wii, which was in my eyes Nintendo's lowest point, no matter how much money they made out of it. Right now it looks innocuous. It just looks like a side-deal that won't impact actual Nintendo games, but what if something changes and it starts to become a much bigger deal? Which you know, that's probably what Nintendo is hoping for.

In the end, I admittedly don't really have any way to see how likely this happening is. I just know to be cautious with Nintendo and their gimmicks. The Wii was so annoying. Full of subpar games and forced Wii Remote/Motion control usage in nearly every game.

2 minutes ago, Envy said:

Yeah, Pokemon was a nice announcement. The problem is that I was so unimpressed with Sun/Moon that I really feel like Game Freak will have to prove to me that they want to make a good Pokemon game again before I get excited about it.

I mean the advantage is the Switch has a lot more power to work with than the 3DS, so they have the potential to do something big at least.

2 minutes ago, Envy said:

Animal Crossing is "likely" to happen, but Nintendo won't show it to us. That is what is making me frustrated here. I have absolutely nothing to look forward to on the Switch right now other than a Pokemon title only mentioned by name that could just be a continuation of Game Freak's Generation VII choices.

Sony switched their strategy to "only announce games when they are closer to being done" so Nintendo may be following suit.

3 minutes ago, Envy said:

I've seen some concern that this could turn out to be enough of a success and Nintendo could go running with it. You know like what happened with the Wii, which was in my eyes Nintendo's lowest point, no matter how much money they made out of it. Right now it looks innocuous. It just looks like a side-deal that won't impact actual Nintendo games, but what if something changes and it starts to become a much bigger deal? Which you know, that's probably what Nintendo is hoping for.

In the end, I admittedly don't really have any way to see how likely this happening is. I just know to be cautious with Nintendo and their gimmicks. The Wii was so annoying. Full of subpar games and forced Wii Remote/Motion control usage in nearly every game.

Oh yeah definitely. That is a real concern. Nintendo is known for sealing their success and then growing too comfortable. Hoping Kimishimi doesn't follow that trend.

This is pretty much my feelings on the discussion regarding the Labo.  After Nintendo had a mini direct before hand and explicitly announcing that their announcement was going to be targeted for children, and still having people lose their minds and act incredibly upset and somehow managed to get disappointed as a result of their wild expectations is frustrating.  Especially by this point in which people have already gotten upset over these directs in the past and should have learned not to have crazy expectations by now.

Besides that I think the game actually looks neat, and if I were still a kid I would be super excited for it.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 3

8 hours ago, Windy Whistles said:

If you use your console as your main way to browse the net then there is probably something wrong with you

Also, while I think the Switch not having Netflix at this point is a bit silly, it’s a really dumb thing to prioritize on a game console 

I agree, though to be fair, it would be a great portable access to Netflix for some people. Smartphone screens are small, and not everyone has an iPad.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, i want to be very civilized about this.

As someone who is not a switch owner, but very interested in it, i wouldn't be really interested in it.

Firstly, it's REALLY overpriced imo with 70 dollars. Secondly and that's the most important part, it's obviously not made for someone like me.

BUT, i wouldn't hate nintendo over this. Nintendo has a very different business strategy then Sony or Microsoft have. Sony and Microsoft cater to a more adult gaming audience, while nintendo tries to please everyone and of course that also includes kids. I could imagine that there are little Kids out there who would like this, because they look at this with more wonder then we do.

Will it be a success? Not sure, especially considering the price tag. But i think some will buy it.

Still, i would love to have a Switch. :P

• Brohoof 2

On 17/01/2018 at 10:58 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Steam Control @Kyoshi

You can make your own add-on's for free if you don't throw away your cereal boxes. :P

D.I.Y. Switch...

Spoiler

Step 1: Buy a GPD Win instead ya noob,

Spoiler

Step 2: Play GTA 5 on the go,

Spoiler

Step 3: Chill

D.I.Y. Cardboard Controller things.

Spoiler

Step 1: Get your box that your Switch was shipped in,

Spoiler

Step 2: Modify it to work the same,

Spoiler

Step 3: Chill

2 hours ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

Step 1: Buy a GPD Win instead ya noob,

Lol, a Switch is probably a better option than a GPD Win

2 hours ago, Mesmelicious Rize said:

Still, i would love to have a Switch. :P

You and me both, I don't have one either but I know for a fact that it's a great system, it's already sold 14 million units in a year, got a lot of first party support now and planned, and strong third party support.

Far from console fan, never had one, not even considering getting any of them. But I think it is pretty cool. Important thing here is not what it does, but experience it provides. There are a lot of people who will love the DIY aspect of it, and it might be a great move on Nintendo to do it. Time will tell, I guess.

But at least they're trying to do something new and fun.. isn't that what games are about?

1980s: I think in 2018 there will be flying cars!

2018: NINTENDO LABO! Pay us a ton of money for cardboard! Yaaaayy!!:love:

On a serious note, if they manage to profit off of cardboard, then good for them.:lol:

I'm a PC gamer anyway, doesn't affect me in the slightest.

Edited by Rhythm Red

On 1/18/2018 at 2:17 PM, Windy Whistles said:

I remember one of the most notorious complains when the Xbox One was shown, people where wondering where the games are at :dash: ?

Oh, and look at this shit :D 

aZ3WnB0_700b.jpg

Edited by Steve Piranha

On 1/24/2018 at 6:47 PM, Steve Piranha said:

I remember one of the most notorious complains when the Xbox One was shown, people where wondering where the games are at :dash: ?

And look at it now, still no games, while the Switch does have them, and is quickly catching up to the Xbone in sales.

yeah, but its 70$ for cardboard, and a game unless for some reason there is no game included, that's probably why the high price.

this thing is pretty much targeted towards kids, so I don't know why you guys are complaining, it seems like something that kids are interested in these days, and seeing how its a learning experience for them, I feel like its pretty cool and at least Nintendo is being creative and experimenting with different things

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:42 AM, Kyoshi said:

Where are the features that I mentioned? Where's the Virtual Console?

bit late to comment on this, but virtual console was said to be released with the Nintendo switch online service... and I heard rumours that its been delayed to fall this year... so I dunno. im not really complaining about the service though, just more time we have until we pay 20 dollars a year for online, which is really cheap, especially if you compare to the 70 dollar price tag on yearly membership on psn and xbox live. personally, I feel that Nintendo rushed the switch out to market to compete with everyone else, and they are slowly building up the console to what it was supposed to be at launch. especially with the updates that allowed people to transfer data from switch to switch and record games, 30 seconds long though... there is a video streaming service on the switch, but I think its only available in japan or Europe, its not youtube or anything but that may change. and there is technically an internet browser on the switch, however... you are only able to fully go through facebook and twitter, granted, its somewhat glitchy and there is a chance your switch can crash (trust me, it happened to me a bunch before) its there.. and I think Nintendo does not have plans to fully integrate an internet browser, from what I read.

personally, I don't really care that the switch doesn't have youtube, Netflix, or a proper internet browser. I have a pc, phone, and 3ds that can do all three. gotta admit though, the switch has some pretty good games at the moment

• Brohoof 1

$70 for a cardboard? Well I guess an homeless person would be happy to know  that their bed is worth more than $0. Start cardboard-dealing and you would be super rich in no time.