Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Short Ideas for Dog Spike?

FlareGun45

So it's a bit weird that dog Spike hasn't had one short for himself yet. Summertime Shorts, Better Together, and Choose Your Own Ending! Not one yet! So, while we wait for his short(s) to show up, any of you have any ideas on what he can do? I got a few, but I'll put them in the spoiler thing below, in case you want to share yours first before seeing mine! :D

Down here, I made two Better Togethers!

* A Dog's Best Friend - Twilight and Fluttershy decide to take Spike to the Dog Park so he can make friends of his own, but he doesn't fit in with the other dogs, and a dog named Garble starts to pick on him for having an owner, and that he's not a real dog. Garble's definition of being a real dog is eating trash, rough-housing, and hording all the bones they can get, and to not have an owner. When Spike runs out in despair, one of the dogs, Ember, felt bad for him so she decides to comfort him without the other dogs knowing, and Ember is curious as to why Spike loves being around Twilight, and he explains that she's always there for him and gave him a warm home and some good food and belly rubs, and asks Ember to meet her. Ember hesitates at first, but once Spike introduces her to Twilight and Fluttershy, they instantly love her, even though they don't understand what Ember says since she can't communicate with humans like Spike can. But Twilight and Fluttershy start petting her, which makes Ember quite uncomfortable, but once she gets belly rubbed, she know realizes that having an owner could be the best thing that would ever happen to her. The other dogs start to wanting owners too, but not Garble, but he ends up getting petted too much to his dismay.

* Kitty Twister - Spike is relaxing at home while Twilight is out and is enjoying some food and TV when suddenly his R&R gets interrupted by a yellow cat in the window. Spike then gets the nerve to chase that cat. Spike races out of the house through his doggy door and starts chasing the cat through the yard until it runs up a tree. The cat begs for Spike not to hurt him, but Spike tells him that he was only having fun, but does apologize for scaring him. The cat forgives him and after Spike introduces himself to the cat, that cat named Thorax does the same but is confused to why Spike (a dog) is being kind to Thorax (a cat), and Spike just claims that he's a "cat-dog", and they both laugh. Thorax claims that he wishes he could stay and play but he has to return to his group, but Spike is eager to go with him. Thorax hesitates because the other cats don't like dogs, but Spike thought that if Thorax introduces him as a friend, they might give him a chance. Thorax likes the idea, and the duo arrive at a nearby alley where Thorax introduces himself with his brother Pharynx and the other cats, but the other cats get scared and start throwing garbage at Spike, and Pharynx disses Thorax claiming that he's always been different. Thorax walks Spike home and apologizes for his brother's and the other cats' behavior, but Spike claims that he didn't think he would be able to befriend them anyway and is just happy to be able to befriend Thorax himself.

And a Choose Your Own Adventure down here!

Friend on a Leash Twilight has to get some equipment for an experiment at the mall, but since the mall doesn't allow dogs, Spike has to wait outside on a leash. When a rain cloud approaches, Spike has to somehow remove his leash and get to shelter quickly. Three of his friends, Ember, Thorax, and Fluttershy are nearby, so he asks for one of them to help him remove the leash. I don't have many details for each of the choices yet though!

So yeah, making shorts for Spike is simple to do. Not sure why the writers haven't made any for him yet.

Also ignore these bottom spoilers! :P

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Momento Mori said:

I don't know, I was upset that they didn't make Spike a young boy. I think it was degrading to his character to make him an animal still and everyone else got to be human. Poor Spike. : (

Well, if he became a human, then he would have gotten similar time to the Rainbooms, and, well, with the show focusing mostly on female characters (hint: its target audience is small goals), that wouldn't really have worked logically.

Logically it could have. Just because the target audience is 'little girls' doesn't mean we can't have an active male character. Honestly it makes it a little more realistic. He still could have been helping out the Rainbooms, helping Twilight, setting up the equipment. In fact he would have been much more helpful as a human character.  A cute little roadie! I mean, they already had him able to talk to Twilight, why even make him a dog? Why not a young child? Besides, by this time, the creators already know they have an active male audience, and they should realise and cater to that. Unfortunately for the most part, they do not.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2018 at 8:03 PM, Denim&Venom said:

Spike asks SciTwi why he was wearing a lampshade around his neck the day he left the vet's office.

I would like to see that.

On 1/17/2018 at 8:14 PM, VG_Addict said:

He meets a stray named Ember.

That would be cool

Maybe Spike the Dog and Spike the Dragon(who turns into a dog) will meet each other.

I think dog Spike was a mistake in the long run. I'll just be crude and say "Let him fade out in the back".

He could still be useful in a picnic setting or pet focused episode, but as a dog I see nothing else for him in a highschool environment.

yeah kind odd condsiding Dimaond dogs are umasn too..well sort of hyprids but still.. Draogn = dog
esh hate to see what breezies become or crystal ponies.  or thso hippogriffs. 

At leat dog spiek sin't as annoying as scrappy Do

• 1 month later...

Spike can talk and now has human level of intelligence, or is at least as smart as Spike the dragon who'd able to read and right.  There's a lot to explore here even in the limited setting of the show's format.  For instance if he got lost would he ask someone for directions or be too scared too.  The students at CHS don't seem to find much strange about a talking dog (but as Spike said a talking dog is not really crazy if you go on everything else that is going on),  but I can imagine many others would.  His relationship with Twilight...  Now that he can talk does he take on the role that Spike the dragon does?  That of an assistant/housekeeper/confidant or something else.  When you come right down to it Spike isn't a full dog anymore, but he's not human either.  How long before the essential parts of a dogs life -sleeping, chasing squirrels...- become boring too him?  Will he immerse himself in tv?  The internet?  Books?

What if Shinning Armor told Twilight and Spike the Dog that he knew Twilight snuck Spike into school back at Crystal Prep, but kept quiet about it because he knew Twilight was having trouble at that school.

I'll admit that making Spike a dog probably did limit his story possibilities a fair bit, but on the other hand I like dogs and having a dog adjacent to the main cast opens up the door for dog shenanigans. Perhaps if we could get some sort of mini adventure story in there, we could escalate from Spike being a cute lil pupper to him saving a kid who fell down a well or something. That would be nice. 

• 2 years later...
(edited)
On 4/7/2018 at 9:04 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

I'll admit that making Spike a dog probably did limit his story possibilities a fair bit, but on the other hand I like dogs and having a dog adjacent to the main cast opens up the door for dog shenanigans. Perhaps if we could get some sort of mini adventure story in there, we could escalate from Spike being a cute lil pupper to him saving a kid who fell down a well or something. That would be nice. 

Sadly compared to what the girls get to do, it would be just.. iffy.
Still restricted Spike's potential badly here.

On 1/17/2018 at 7:47 PM, FlareGun45 said:

So it's a bit weird that dog Spike hasn't had one short for himself yet. Summertime Shorts, Better Together, and Choose Your Own Ending! Not one yet! So, while we wait for his short(s) to show up, any of you have any ideas on what he can do? I got a few, but I'll put them in the spoiler thing below, in case you want to share yours first before seeing mine! :D

Down here, I made two Better Togethers!

Reveal hidden contents

* A Dog's Best Friend - Twilight and Fluttershy decide to take Spike to the Dog Park so he can make friends of his own, but he doesn't fit in with the other dogs, and a dog named Garble starts to pick on him for having an owner, and that he's not a real dog. Garble's definition of being a real dog is eating trash, rough-housing, and hording all the bones they can get, and to not have an owner. When Spike runs out in despair, one of the dogs, Ember, felt bad for him so she decides to comfort him without the other dogs knowing, and Ember is curious as to why Spike loves being around Twilight, and he explains that she's always there for him and gave him a warm home and some good food and belly rubs, and asks Ember to meet her. Ember hesitates at first, but once Spike introduces her to Twilight and Fluttershy, they instantly love her, even though they don't understand what Ember says since she can't communicate with humans like Spike can. But Twilight and Fluttershy start petting her, which makes Ember quite uncomfortable, but once she gets belly rubbed, she know realizes that having an owner could be the best thing that would ever happen to her. The other dogs start to wanting owners too, but not Garble, but he ends up getting petted too much to his dismay.

* Kitty Twister - Spike is relaxing at home while Twilight is out and is enjoying some food and TV when suddenly his R&R gets interrupted by a yellow cat in the window. Spike then gets the nerve to chase that cat. Spike races out of the house through his doggy door and starts chasing the cat through the yard until it runs up a tree. The cat begs for Spike not to hurt him, but Spike tells him that he was only having fun, but does apologize for scaring him. The cat forgives him and after Spike introduces himself to the cat, that cat named Thorax does the same but is confused to why Spike (a dog) is being kind to Thorax (a cat), and Spike just claims that he's a "cat-dog", and they both laugh. Thorax claims that he wishes he could stay and play but he has to return to his group, but Spike is eager to go with him. Thorax hesitates because the other cats don't like dogs, but Spike thought that if Thorax introduces him as a friend, they might give him a chance. Thorax likes the idea, and the duo arrive at a nearby alley where Thorax introduces himself with his brother Pharynx and the other cats, but the other cats get scared and start throwing garbage at Spike, and Pharynx disses Thorax claiming that he's always been different. Thorax walks Spike home and apologizes for his brother's and the other cats' behavior, but Spike claims that he didn't think he would be able to befriend them anyway and is just happy to be able to befriend Thorax himself.

Reveal hidden contents

And a Choose Your Own Adventure down here!

Friend on a Leash Twilight has to get some equipment for an experiment at the mall, but since the mall doesn't allow dogs, Spike has to wait outside on a leash. When a rain cloud approaches, Spike has to somehow remove his leash and get to shelter quickly. Three of his friends, Ember, Thorax, and Fluttershy are nearby, so he asks for one of them to help him remove the leash. I don't have many details for each of the choices yet though!

So yeah, making shorts for Spike is simple to do. Not sure why the writers haven't made any for him yet.

Also ignore these bottom spoilers! :P

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Problem for the second one there, changelings actually get to be humans.
According to that game app, theres a Human Chrysalis there(too bad she didn't appear AT ALL in animated stuff so far).
Meaning changelings would be humans instead of other creatures.

On 2/12/2018 at 1:29 PM, DonMaguz said:

I think dog Spike was a mistake in the long run.

Big time.  The writers did not think this darn thing through when they thought it was funny to make him a dog like that..

Edited by nightshroud96

• 5 weeks later...