Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I am suprised at how many people don't know what a brony is!

Count Paradox

I tried to convert my friends to bronies. The friends I tried to convert are frequent users of the internet, but they refuse to become bronies. They know what My Little Pony is, but they don't want to become bronies for some reasons I'm not so sure about. One of my friends stated that he will never, ever watch My Little Pony. Another one of my friends occasionally looks at My Little Pony memes on Memebase, but he is not a brony.

MLP is one of the most popular fandoms and it's on the rise, so some people don't want to feel like they're just mindlessly going with the herd of sheep (or ponies in this case).

I'll bet a lot of people who are kind of on the fence about joining the herd are afraid they'll get made fun of for being a brony. Being part of this fandom is basically an admission that you don't take yourself seriously anymore. It's better not take yourself seriously though.

Most of the general population doesn't frequent the internet as much as we do, much less venture out as much. People on forums, usually of any kind, are a special breed. I know of only one person IRL who visits internet forums. Not really surprising most people wouldn't have a clue what we we're about.

Why worry about it?

You forgot to make your post blue ;)

I think the brony community is manely (har har) known on the internet.

The average user wouldn't know what this MLP thing is about. Not quite sure I understand it myself, yet.

G4 is definitely different from the other generations, though. I like our community -- everyone is usually amiable.

I'd rather it stay that way than introduce the stereotypical Jersey Shore viewers to the show...

You forgot to make your post blue ;)

I think the brony community is manely (har har) known on the internet.

The average user wouldn't know what this MLP thing is about. Not quite sure I understand it myself, yet.

G4 is definitely different from the other generations, though. I like our community -- everyone is usually amiable.

I'd rather it stay that way than introduce the stereotypical Jersey Shore viewers to the show...

Fixed it!

• 9 years later...

I doubt most people who don't use the internet know about bronies. Even if internet - savvy people are familiar with memes, that may be what My Little Pony is to them, a meme. I have been on the internet for about a decade at least but I didn't know that grown men liked MLP until 2018 when I saw a YouTube video about it. I guess it depends on how knowledgeable you are about internet culture and how deep you are into it.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...