spoiler Do you want G5 to start any time soon or do you want FIM to continue

NathanW200

Do you want G4 to continue or G5 to start  

50 users have voted

1. 1. Do you want FIM to continue or Hasbro to reboot the show

• Continue G4
    • Start G5

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2020-04-04 at 06:28 AM

(edited)
44 minutes ago, Code said:

My feelings are pretty much mixed. I generally don't want the show/G4 to end just because it's been a massive part of my life, I don't even watch the show anymore and haven't for years but still the idea of it ending is heartbreaking to me. This show basically made me the person I am now, I never really want it to end.

But of course the show does have to end eventually like every show and I feel like now would be the best time. The shows had a good run, an amazing run in fact with there going to be up to 9 seasons. This franchise needs some new blood, since while the show is still popular, I think it's fair to say that's it's far less popular then it was back in 2012-2014 and a lot of fans including myself have just no interest in watching the show anymore.

Well if you have no interest in watching the show anymore why are you still on the fandom If your not interested anymore that doesn't make much sense if you don't have any interest in watching the show anymore wouldn't that mean you wouldn't be interested in being a fan of it anymore too

Edited by NathanW200

Just now, NathanW200 said:

Well if you have no interest in watching the show anymore why are you still on the fandom If your not interested anymore

You mean this forums or?

Just now, NathanW200 said:

well any forum involving MLP 

I think you're misinformed. I may not watch the show anymore but this doesn't mean I don't like the show or have any interest for the fandom. I'm in fact still listening to MLP music to this day, it's just that I've watched the show for so long that it's eventually become just... boring.

While for this forums, I'm rarely on here anymore.

27 minutes ago, Code said:

I don't even watch the show anymore and haven't for years but still the idea of it ending is heartbreaking to me. This show basically made me the person I am now, I never really want it to end.

You just summarised perfectly my thought. This show have made me laught and well, if not downright cry, at least became emotionally moved countless times. It certainly have shaped me as a person. For once I try to be optimistic and think that G5 will have same effect to younger brony-generations to come.

• Brohoof 2

When the show does end, I hope it has a similar ending to this: 

With them all huddling together and taking a picture... if that happens I'll actually cry

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Code said:

When the show does end, I hope it has a similar ending to this: 

With them all huddling together and taking a picture... if that happens I'll actually cry

Ya know, when I finished Season 4 (which was all that was out at the time), I honestly was contempt with that being all that was around, since it felt what happened at the end of the finale would be a perfect ending to the series. (Despite knowing that Season 5 was on the way)

Edited by Superplay64

When you said reboot, I thought that you meant RIGHT NOW. What I'd really like is for them to continue w G4 until they are 100% ready & not rush things. That is, do something that they've never done before & get it right the first time & have it completely worked out ahead of time with G5.

I'm little uneasy when it comes to these leaks about G5, being it concept art or email discussions . Of course none of the ideas that have been presented are necessarily going to happen at all. As now they are just general guidelines for writers and artist who keep on brainstorming.

Some of these e-mail leaks seemed to have plans to change personality and voice actor of Applejack. Concept art shows unicorn-Fluttershy and Twilight as an earthpony etc.

I'm not sure how I feel about possibility of G5 being reboot with old characters with new appereance and personality . It could work, but I kinda feel that they should start fresh with new protagonists. When G4 ends, it shoud end completely.

• 10 months later...
On 1/18/2018 at 10:02 PM, ShootingStar159 said:

I would very much prefer to continue g4, or at the least make g4.5 that continues using the same world, even if it focuses on different characters. The reboot factor of g5 is what makes me most wary of it. 

yeah.... i'd prefer g4 to continue too tbh :twi:

So as of right now, I'm a 1-in-3 minority who wants G5 to start rather than for the show to continue...which is now confirmed to not happen past Season 9. This place was different before we got the news. :fluttershy:

Even back then though, I would've made the same choice. I understand that people are inevitably going to always be attached to Friendship is Magic, but I'm actually glad that it was never going to go on forever or be like The Simpsons or Spongebob. I want to try something new that will hopefully bring some new life to this fandom. :pinkie:

• Brohoof 3

On 1/18/2018 at 7:29 PM, NathanW200 said:

Well if you have no interest in watching the show anymore why are you still on the fandom If your not interested anymore that doesn't make much sense if you don't have any interest in watching the show anymore wouldn't that mean you wouldn't be interested in being a fan of it anymore too

I'm sorry....WHAT?! there's more to being a fan of something than just sticking with the animated series. There's the card game. The comics. The toyline. The books. Equestria Girls. You can like all of these or just one of these, and still be a fan. Hell, you can like NONE of these and just stick to making creative content, and still be called a fan. Being a part of the fandom is not, nor SHOULD NOT be defined solely by love of and continued watching of the animated content. D:<

you forget that half of the mane 6 actually were rebooted from g3- with different designs and personalities.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...

I love G4 and it will forever hold a special place in my heart. However, we have to face the fact that the fandom is on it's decline, the writers are starting to run out of ideas. Most importantly, the main characters have grown up, the table's complete. If they continue the show with the young 6,it's easy for the mane 6 to be, at some point, forgotten. So with a new generation, the writers can have new ideas again, improve the show and write stories that fit the current audience more. I just hope that G5 would turn out as good, or even better than it's preceeders. I see that Hasbro seems to be making it grand. Usually, this kind of attempt would end up in either huge success or total failure. I hope that this will end up as the former one. 

Just remember, the only thing constant is change. 

p. s. I sincerely hope Hasbro could make new characters instead of redesigning the Mane 6,so they can stay in our heart forever as the G4 version

Edited by Disky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

I think they should focus on G5. As much as I love FiM, it's better to end it while it's still good than to drag it on forever. The characters have all reached the logical conclusions of their personal arcs, and now all that's needed is to give them a worthy sendoff.

• Brohoof 1

I don't want to say it but the show as it is right now needs to die. The show is kind of drugged itself into the corner and Twilight has no choice but to kick Celestia from the throne room if she wants to progress her story or go back being a commoner.

As much as I wish the show could continue through a tenth season, the seeds have been sown for a conclusion so I don't think it makes sense to continue it much longer. Time to let it go.

G5 should stay in development for maybe 1.5 to 2 years. Maybe Hasbro can start selling the new toys in late 2020 to try and build hype, and then in 2021-22 start the new show. I really don't want Hasbro to rush... it may be tempting to do so because toy sales will probably decrease after the show ends, but I want quality. I don't want a half-assed cartoon that has very little thought put into it.

Didn't some of the leaks suggest a movie as the premiere of G5? That could be crucial to building interest, and I'd hate to see Hasbro blow that chance to promote the relaunch of the MLP brand.

To me G4 and FIM was something that can’t be repeated. Not even Hasbro could understand the strange phenomenon that grew from it. Every thing comes to an end, but I didn’t even expect it to last this long, nor the company behind it expected that from the start. But the team behind it can’t just go on, just think about the voice acting crew, amazing to do this for so long. I don’t expect anything from G5 really. But of course I will check it out. My heart belongs in this generation just because what happened was so unexpected and special. I will stay Brony for the rest of my life, even if I’m the last. 

The reboot is also a economic decision, if the audience is leaving the long run of G4 then it’s natural for Hasbro to end it. The target group (young girls) can’t get much out of it anymore. Hasbro is basically a toy company that make money on toys. They need a story that is more targeted to young girls again. And if they can succeed with a new generation that can do that, toy sell will increase again. There is a new generation of kids out there ready for the launch.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2018 at 3:35 PM, NathanW200 said:

I vote for G4 to continue

20 minutes ago, twilightsparkle3562 said:

I'm continuing G4 via fanfiction if it helps.

20 minutes ago, twilightsparkle3562 said:

I'm continuing G4 via fanfiction if it helps.

I’m kinda was hoping for more animations but thank you for you’re consideration

I would have liked if G5 was set in the same timeline of G4 but as long as the creative team is as passionate and put as much effort on G5 as the G4 creative team did, I'm happy either way,