spoiler Do you want G5 to start any time soon or do you want FIM to continue

NathanW200

Do you want G4 to continue or G5 to start  

50 users have voted

1. 1. Do you want FIM to continue or Hasbro to reboot the show

• Continue G4
    • Start G5

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2020-04-04 at 06:28 AM

4 minutes ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

if that happened... still we'd have more fans every year because fans having kids making them watch from when they young and then the cycle contineing

Are you sure because a lot off fans are saying that could be very risky for Hasbro to reboot the series 

16 minutes ago, Qrow Branwen said:

This whole time the show has been on infomercial for toys..they could literally right now go " LOL NOPE." and shut G4 down and not care.

At this point, that ain't happening. S8 is deep into production, and S9 is already being laid out… (S8/9 spoilers)

Spoiler

Flash puppets of S9, and several (excellent) episodes of S8, have already been leaked.

It'd be really stupid for Hasbro to suddenly cancel their projects within a $650-million brand midway.

22 minutes ago, Qrow Branwen said:

I'm for G5 for coming as it'll give new paint to an old series.

Wouldn't exactly call FIM "old," per se, at least in a negative context. S7 has some excellent episodes, this one the best of the franchise. It's got some legs left.

16 minutes ago, NathanW200 said:

to tell you the truth I want G4 the go on forever like the Simpsons I couldn't imagine anything better

Have to really disagree. After about nine or ten seasons, The Simpsons really started to become mediocre and become a shell of its old self. FIM hasn't gone into seasonal rot or jumped the shark yet, but with it approaching the end of the generation's life cycle, ending G4 with a bang feels more worthwhile than milking it till it smells spoiled.

• Brohoof 3

Let G5 be a reboot and let it stand on it's own. It'll show if they were able to learn from their past mistakes and make G5 with the same effort as G4

• Brohoof 5

@NathanW200 Nice imagery, but it does need to end someday.  I just don't think Season 9 is quite the time yet.  And if G5 were to take place in the far future to FiM (like a couple hundred years or so, with Twilight still reining), that'd be cool, especially if there were a couple of time travel crossover episodes with the orignal FiM.

5 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

At this point, that ain't happening. S8 is deep into production, and S9 is already being laid out… (S8/9 spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

Flash puppets of S9, and several (excellent) episodes of S8, have already been leaked.

LOL the denial is strong in this one.

5 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Reveal hidden contents

It'd be really stupid for Hasbro to suddenly cancel their projects within a $650-million brand midway.

Wouldn't exactly call FIM "old," per se, at least in a negative context. S7 has some excellent episodes, this one the best of the franchise. It's got some legs left.

Have to really disagree. After about nine or ten seasons, The Simpsons really started to become mediocre and become a shell of its old self. FIM hasn't gone into seasonal rot or jumped the shark yet, but with it approaching the end of the generation's life cycle, ending G4 with a bang feels more worthwhile than milking it till it smells spoiled.

Don't you want to see Tempest again because their taking that away too and the disappointing part is we were just starting to get to know her

20 minutes ago, NathanW200 said:

Don't you want to see Tempest again because their taking that away too and the disappointing part is we were just starting to get to know her

I'd like to see her again, but Tempest has shown to be a movie-only character, and until otherwise, I don't expect her to appear again.

20 minutes ago, Qrow Branwen said:

LOL the denial is strong in this one.

Wrong, it ain't denial at all.

1. They're deep into S8's production.
    Spoiler

Seven midseason episodes were leaked, and the episode titles, summaries, and overall list have already been finalized. The scripts for all twenty-six episodes are complete.

2. S9 spoilers:
    Spoiler

Like I wrote earlier, puppets for S9 were leaked. Don't be shocked if scripts for the first three to five episodes are already finished.

The only way you'll truly see FIM being cancelled during production is if it's bleeding money. So far, that hasn't happened.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

Those who clearly are in denial that G4 should go on and on and on and on...9 years is pretty good for any show and all things come to an end.  Did Hasbro care when idiots threatened to kill animators over Equestria Girls? Nope. Did Hasbro care about the changes to Derpy? Nope..Did Hasbro care about all the stupid crap Bronies have whined and complained about in the past? Nope..to say they wouldn't say 'Hey we aren't selling toys, pull the plug.' is ludicrous and wishful thinking. Enjoy the ride while you're still on it.

PS - Bronies might buy the toys and other merchandise they still sell..that's not their intended target audience and it'll always will be intended for 3-10 year old kids.

Edited by Qrow Branwen
  • Brohoof 1

I feel like I want G4 to keep going, at least for two more seasons. I speak only from my writers background on this, but I think it would be amazing if there was an ultimatum of some sort in the second to last season, and a solution that wraps up the tale of our little pony friends and begins the new adventure of an unsure but exciting future, both letting the series end, but opening to the possibilities of the fans like us. Certain yet vague is what I want I guess, and I know that sounds dumb but I think that would be amazing :pinkie:

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

Well ... it has to end some time. Season 9 looks to be it.

1 hour ago, Dark Qiviut said:

As for the OP, FIM is gonna come to an end sooner or later.

Well... duh, but the question was what we want to happen, not what we think is likely to happen, or what is eventually going to happen. And if I’m talking about what I want, I want g4 to last at least ten seasons. And if the writers think there is enough to make more after that, than I want to see that too.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, ShootingStar159 said:

Well... duh, but the question was what we want to happen, not what we think is likely to happen, or what is eventually going to happen. And if I’m talking about what I want, I want g4 to last at least ten seasons. And if the writers think there is enough to make more after that, than I want to see that too.

Yes but that's not going to happen so your want..no offense is kinda redundant and not going to happen.

As much as I love FiM, and love for it to continue....... it shouldn't drag too long. It's quite surprising that a pony show managed to reach 9 seasons at least, and that should be testament of FiM's quality. But should end one day, just look at Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents. I'd rather have FiM ending on a high note instead of being ruined at a later time

• Brohoof 2

All I'm going to add to this 'heated discussion' going on right now, is that while Hasbro might be ending FiM, who's to say we can't make our own show style episodes?  (If we were to be granted legal permission upon request of course)  I have a whole project I'm trying to start that would essentially be a 'main source' of pony after the official show ends (though I kinda want it to start up before then).

39 minutes ago, Qrow Branwen said:

Those who clearly are in denial that G4 should go on and on and on and on...9 years is pretty good for any show and all things come to an end.  Did Hasbro care when idiots threatened to kill animators over Equestria Girls? Nope. Did Hasbro care about the changes to Derpy? Nope..Did Hasbro care about all the stupid crap Bronies have whined and complained about in the past? Nope..to say they wouldn't say 'Hey we aren't selling toys, pull the plug.' is ludicrous and wishful thinking. Enjoy the ride while you're still on it.

PS - Bronies might buy the toys and other merchandise they still sell..that's not their intended target audience and it'll always will be intended for 3-10 year old kids.

I think you misunderstood Dark Qiviut's post. The reason he stated Hasbro won't be cancelling FiM this mere instant, it's because they are already working on the next 2 seasons. After these 2, it's curtains for FiM >_> . There wasn't any denial, wishful thinking or anything there, just facts from the leaks 

• Brohoof 1

As much as I love FiM, all good things must come to an end eventually.

Lots of shows that I care a great deal about concluded the stories they were telling and didn't feel the need to drag on forever, with examples such as both Avatar series and Gravity Falls only having a few seasons, but ultimately benefiting from that.

I would rather see G4 of MLP end like that rather than see it go the way of the Simpsons and become a shell of its former self.

Also from the very little I know about G5 from leaks, the direction that it could potentially go in has me interested in watching it.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

As much as I love FiM, all good things must come to an end eventually.

Lots of shows that I care a great deal about concluded the stories they were telling and didn't feel the need to drag on forever, with examples such as both Avatar series and Gravity Falls only having a few seasons, but ultimately benefiting from that.

I would rather see G4 of MLP end like that rather than see it go the way of the Simpsons and become a shell of its former self.

Also from the very little I know about G5 from leaks, the direction that it could potentially go in has me interested in watching it.

Not to mention...

Since G5's universe seems to be about different worlds, we might see unexpected things like Megan, AND A FIM CROSSOVER EPISODE

:squee: . I mean, if Power Rangers can do it, and the TMNT as well, why not ponies :dash:  

1 hour ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Well... duh, but the question was what we want to happen, not what we think is likely to happen, or what is eventually going to happen.

Thought I did answer that. In case I didn't here it is ... I'll be happy if it ends when all my boxes are checked. That's when I want it to end and the new one to begin. 

• Brohoof 3

52 minutes ago, Qrow Branwen said:

That's kinda short sighted and narrow minded...you don't know for sure what will happen and unless you're Nostradamus reincarnated I wouldn't be calling it shit just yet.

I hope that happens to teach Hasbro a lesson for cancelling G4

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, NathanW200 said:

You bring up an interesting point. What if by some INSANE stretch of the imagination, g5 just wasn't selling any toys? What if it caused Hasbro to LOSE money? It's highly unlikely, but if that happened, what would they do?

Surely they wouldn't just cut the entire MLP franchise right then, right?

Would they go back to make more g4 episodes?:ooh:

The idea of g5 still kinda worries me, as I don't know if it will be good, but NO MORE PONY?

image.jpg

Edited by Rhythm Red

I have mixed feelings towards upcoming G5. Show is of course going to end at some point, but I'm not ready to say goodbye, not just yet. G4 still feels fresh and the story have kept it's high standard all these years.

Still, I love FiM too much that I would be willing to sacrifice quality over quantity. I have seen enough good shows and relatives being too stubborn to die and trying to linger couple more years, only to fade away. We still have several seasons time, let's make it count!

• Brohoof 2

My feelings are pretty much mixed. I generally don't want the show/G4 to end just because it's been a massive part of my life, I don't even watch the show anymore and haven't for years but still the idea of it ending is heartbreaking to me. This show basically made me the person I am now, I never really want it to end.

But of course the show does have to end eventually like every show and I feel like now would be the best time. The shows had a good run, an amazing run in fact with there going to be up to 9 seasons. This franchise needs some new blood, since while the show is still popular, I think it's fair to say that's it's far less popular then it was back in 2012-2014 and a lot of fans including myself have just no interest in watching the show anymore.

I had to hide a number of posts because they didn't really contribute to the topic in any meaningful way and could potentially lead to instances of trolling or arguing. While it's fine to feel passionate about this subject and about your opinion, I do want to remind everyone to be respectful of the opinions of others, and to not insult or troll another member. Please be considerate of what you post, how it contributes to a discussion, and how it might affect others.

Your words and their context do matter.

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, NathanW200 said:

That's more than likely not going to happen simply because the loss the bronies aren't a big source of income for Hasbro, the fandom never was. The fandom only made Hasbro a small amount of money because most bronies don't buy the merchandise. In fact they spend more money on fandom made merch than the official merchandise. They didn't make up a huge number of DVD/Bluray sales either as most of them tend to watch the show, movies and specials via Netflix and Piracy.

Besides, by 2020 we will have had 9 seasons, a movie, a comic series and a spin-off. G4 has produced quite a lot of content that we can enjoy long after it ends. Isn't that enough? We knew this day was going to come for a long time and I am more than satisfied with what we've been given. I've been ready for the end for a good couple of years now and while I am sad that G4's going, I'm ready to give G5 a chance. From what I've read from the leak, Meghan McCarthy wants to make G5 a damn good show. She wants to take what made G4 good and improve on it and I like most of what she has in mind. So yeah, I embrace G5 with open arms and I embrace the change! I hope the show will be a success and I hope it'll even top G4 in quality.

And I would also like to remind the "Doom & Gloomers" here that you're not the first fandom to ever go through this phase. You're not even the first Hasbro-based fandom to go through this. Allow me to tell you about MLP's brother franchise that also had a beloved show and gained quite a fandom. It ended too and got another generation that outraged many! Guess what? It ended up being a massive success and Hasbro learned from it and incorporated what made it a success, including the storytelling, into future shows. And while it's had a couple of downs most of the shows in this franchise are still loved and have huge followings. It's called Transformers and it has a fandom that far outsizes this one. It even has its own obnoxious and insufferable fans that can't seem to move on from an entry, the most well known of these fans are called the Geewunners.

After being a Transformers fan since I was a little kid and seeing what's happened to the franchise since Beast Wars, I am more than confident that Hasbro will be as good to MLP as it has been to Transformers.

• Brohoof 2