Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Start a Petition to try to convince Hasbro not to cancel My Little Pony friendship is magic

NathanW200
Message added by Jeric

Closed at the request of the OP

If you are interested in starting a petition to try to convince Hasbro not to close FIM  

72 users have voted

1. 1. If you want to start a Petition

• Do you want to start a Petition
    • Do you not want to start a Petition

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2018-08-21 at 04:00 PM

the link connected to the Petition I posted has been removed I am giving up on these Petitions the voting poll will also be discontinued and I'll see if I can also get this Topic locked as well It's pretty much served it's purpose 

We should just give G5 a chance we could enjoy it just as much and It could possibly bring back bronycon and we all know we want that I am looking forward to the new Generation of My Little Pony I hope this Generation becomes just as popular or even more so we should all be excited were getting a new generation new experiences new adventures I actually kind of regret posting these Petitions it just gets in the way of a new beginning and these Petitions have very little to no cause there not even worth being posted so I'm giving up on these Petitions 

This Topic has reached it's deadline It should be locked soon I hope we had a good chat and I hope to hearing a positive experience from G5 from you soon

Thank You NathanW200

Edited by NathanW200

Just let an old dog die in peace. The show has gotten stale for me, personally, to the point where I'm really only willing to watch the season premieres and finales instead of the boring in-betweens. Really, the only reason I'm still here is just to interact with the community. I don't even consider myself a brony anymore. It's time to shed some old skin and find something new.

Edited by Redeye
  • Brohoof 6

I'd rather see G4 end than continue long into the future. Even if the show ends, it's enough of a cult classic to have fan content for years to come.

Bring on G5. Who knows? It might be a great change of scenery.

• Brohoof 7

Look, I’m sad to see the show might end sooner than I’d like. That doesn’t mean I think a petition would do anything, especially to Hasbro. What if Hasbro isn’t the ones behind the end of g4? What if it’s DHX that told Hasbro they were running out of ideas for g4, and were ready to start work on g5? This is pretty silly, it’s better to move on than grow this attached to a tv show.

• Brohoof 6

2 minutes ago, Windy Whistles said:

Dude it's lasted a good while. It should only end when the writers are done telling their story

And it's important to realize that Hasbro is primarily a toy company. The show exists as a tie-in. What happens with the toys will ultimately affect the cartoon. When the former stops selling, Hasbro will inevitably take the safe route and do a reboot rather than follow the same old formula. Even if the writers feel they have more stories to tell within the FiM universe.

Regardless of your opinion towards the matter of whether or not G4 has gotten stale or not, this petition is pointless. G5 hasn't even been officially confirmed to be happening, we have absolutely no idea of what it will be like if it does happen and, at the end of the day, it's the creators of the show who both should and are going to get to make the final call on the matter, not the fans.

At least learn what G5 is going to be like before making a petition with the sole intent of shooting it down. Otherwise you're just not giving it a chance simply because you do not want to give it a chance, which is unfair.

Edited by Rarity the Supreme
  • Brohoof 3

*sigh* This is ridiculous, like that petition that I got so worry about over nothing. (I regreted making a topic about it, although some of the responses seemed amused by my freak-out, but I disgress). 

Most of the people above me brought strong points

38 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

I'd rather see G4 end than continue long into the future. Even if the show ends, it's enough of a cult classic to have fan content for years to come.

7 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

These petitions never work, just accept FIM's eventual end

6 minutes ago, Rarity the Supreme said:

Regardless of your opinion towards the matter of whether or not G4 has gotten stale or not, this petition is pointless. G5 hasn't even been officially confirmed to be happening, we have absolutely no idea of what it will be like if it does happen and, at the end of the day, it's the creators of the show who both should and are going to get to make the final call on the matter, not the fans.

At least learn what G5 is going to be like before making a petition with the sole intent of shooting it down. Otherwise you're just not giving it a chance simply because you do not want to give it a chance, which is unfair.

Couldn't have it better, my friends.

• Brohoof 3

8 minutes ago, Rarity the Supreme said:

Well, they ARE making G5 right now, and they are planning to make it take over FIM by 2020. What's not certain is if said long time lapse WILL be done. For what it's possible, they could release G5 a year later or so

• Brohoof 1

The show has lasted a good 7 seasons and movie, with an 8th coming up soon. I still do enjoy the show and its characters, however, it would be better for the show if it ends when the time is right, rather than make it go on forever. Besides, I really don't think MLP fan sites like this, Fimfiction, Derpibooru, etc... are really going anywhere any time soon...

The petition won't work anyway, and, we're not even sure what G5 is going to be like yet or if its official.

Just now, Nightfallicious Gloamiscus said:

The show has lasted a good 7 seasons and movie, with an 8th coming up soon. I still do enjoy the show and its characters, however, it would be better for the show if it ends when the time is right, rather than make it go on forever. Besides, I really don't think MLP fan sites like this, Fimfiction, Derpibooru, etc... are really going anywhere any time soon...

The petition won't work anyway, and, we're not even sure what G5 is going to be like yet or if its official.

No official announcement, and likely won't be any until late S9, but that G5 is coming is factual, as they came from leaks from Hasbro or DHX itself

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Well, they ARE making G5 right now, and they are planning to make it take over FIM by 2020. What's not certain is if said long time lapse WILL be done. For what it's possible, they could release G5 a year later or so

As far as I'm concerned that's still just a rumor. It's almost guaranteed to be true, but until Hasbro themselves officially release a statement declaring that G4 will be ending, no one can say that anything is 100%.

Edited by Rarity the Supreme
  • Brohoof 1

That is ridiculous. No, if Hasbro has plans to end the series in 2019 and to start G5 shortly after no petition is going to completely change their minds. If it is true than MLP will have ended with so much content compared to not just other gens, but other modern cartoons

G4
-9 Seasons, 231 episodes
-4 Spinoff movies with multiple specials
-Tons of Comic books and comic lines
-A feature film
-Novels and childrens books
-One of the largest cartoon fandoms of all time

That is so much for a gen of My Little Pony and is a testament to the quality of FiM. It if it to end in 2019, I am just glad it had such an amazing run with so many awesome moments and memories. 

• Brohoof 5

Didn't even know it had plans of ending soon... its about time is all I can say, the show has answered every question, and fulfilled everyone's backstory (as far as I know). I don't think its staled just yet, it still amazes me with these new stories... but I, and majority of this fandom want it to end on a positive note unlike Spongebob, The Simpsons, and Fairly Odd Parents. Just like in roleplays, when the adventure is done, start anew, with a new set of cast. The end of FiM G4 is not going to be the end of the fandom, we've grown too much to die over the main link coming to an end.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
41 minutes ago, Nightfallicious Gloamiscus said:

I guess you're write knowing I heard someone submitted a Petition with 18,000 signatures to Hasbro and Hasbro didn't change their minds worth a Damn 

Edited by NathanW200

I don't think a petition would change Hasbro's mind about their decision to end FIM and create G5. Besides, we don't even know what G5 is gonna be like so I think we should at least give it a chance before we judge it, ya know? It's kinda like that old saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover". At this point I don't think we're in any position to be judging and trying to shut down future projects by Hasbro when they haven't even officially launched yet. 

• Brohoof 2

Wait, FiM is ending soon? Sorry I didn’t get the memo. I heard of g5 coming out, but beyond that not much else. 

i don’t mind the show ending, especially if it means a new generation will come out. Its cliche but only seems like yesterday that FiM was new and making waves. If there’s anything I will truly miss about FiM, its the wonderful characters it developed and introduced, Mane 6, background and villains alike.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Rarity the Supreme said:

Basically what I was going to say.

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

No official announcement, and likely won't be any until late S9, but that G5 is coming is factual, as they came from leaks from Hasbro or DHX itself

Not entirely true. Hasn't been confirmed yet.

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

Once again, no, it's not 100 percent confirmed, and it's still likely subject to change. None of the g5 stuff is set in stone, we could get something totally different than what the 'leaks' show. What exactly makes you think that it's already being made? Not at all trying to be rude, I'm just asking.

1 hour ago, Prospekt said:

Exactly. People think this fandom is much more fragile than it is. Even after FiM ends, we will have plenty of people still making fan content. That won't change just because the show ends.

And hey, if G5 does turn out to be true, then it could be really good. It could provide us with EVEN more material to make fan content of. Keep your chins up, guys. Whether g5 is happening after season 9 or not isn't certain, but either way I think we're in for a treat.

This fandom ain't going anywhere soon.:)

• Brohoof 5

2 minutes ago, Rhythm Red said:

Basically what I was going to say.

Not entirely true. Hasn't been confirmed yet.

Once again, no, it's not 100 percent confirmed, and it's still likely subject to change. None of the g5 stuff is set in stone, we could get something totally different than what the 'leaks' show. What exactly makes you think that it's already being made? Not at all trying to be rude, I'm just asking

By being made I've meant it's already in development. Very early stages in development for the look of things, but still development noneless. Of course nothing regarding it is set in stone, but regardless if it'll be ready by 2020 or later, FIM's time it's not far

• Brohoof 1