Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Start a Petition to try to convince Hasbro not to cancel My Little Pony friendship is magic

NathanW200
Message added by Jeric

Closed at the request of the OP

If you are interested in starting a petition to try to convince Hasbro not to close FIM  

72 users have voted

1. 1. If you want to start a Petition

• Do you want to start a Petition
    • Do you not want to start a Petition

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2018-08-21 at 04:00 PM

If FIM stays to ten seasons, and every loose plot point and character arc is tied up, I'd be more than happy to let it go and see what beckons the franchise into the future. It's enjoyed a much longer run than anyone ever anticipated and the show runners, voice talent, songwriters, story writers and animators should all be very proud of that. This show isn't like The Simpsons or South Park where it goes on forever, hell My Little Pony as a franchise has never had ANYTHING last as long as FIM has... so again, they should pat themselves on the back for taking it into bold new territory. On topic, anyone attempting to delay the inevitable by protesting via petitions is just stupid. It's like those idiots who tried to force Hasbro to bring The Golden Oak Library back following the Season 4 finale, it's a waste of time and energy.

• Brohoof 4

2 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

By being made I've meant it's already in development. Very early stages in development for the look of things, but still development noneless. Of course nothing regarding it is set in stone, but regardless if it'll be ready by 2020 or later, FIM's time it's not far

Not necessarily true. It still hasn't even been confirmed yet, and even if the leaks are true, it could all be cancelled if they want to cancel it. If they are going to do it for sure, things could certainly be different than what the leaks show.

We just don't have enough info to make those sorts of conclusions, so going around saying it's 'in development' is spreading fake news. We just don't know yet. (Unless I'm underinformed or something:derp:)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, ShadOBabe said:

We got two more seasons, so not super soon.

Is there an official announcement the show will end after Season 9? A link or source would be nice.

• Brohoof 1

Season eight hasn't even started yet. Eight seasons is a very respectable run for an animated series. Rumor has it that a ninth season is also green-lit. Nine seasons and a movie is a good run. I don't think it should just keep going to become a shadow of itself.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, Cwanky said:

Is there an official announcement the show will end after Season 9? A link or source would be nice.

I’ve only hear it through a very convincing grapevine, but I’m sure someone here has a good source.

• Brohoof 1

I'd rather have it end when on a good note, than become a walking zombie like Family Guy, The Simpsons or Fairly Odd Parents. The 2010's animation renaissance is coming to a close, and with Regular Show concluding, and Adventure Time's on the horizon, I'd be ok with this show ending too. It'd be sad of course, but do you really want another Spongebob on your hands? Need I remind you of a Pal for Gary....:please: I'd be perfectly willing to give G5 a chance when it comes out. This is one of my favorite shows of all time, and I definitely don't want it to be soured by flanderized characters or recycled episodes.

Edited by ultrairongorilla
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Rhythm Red said:

Not necessarily true. It still hasn't even been confirmed yet, and even if the leaks are true, it could all be cancelled if they want to cancel it. If they are going to do it for sure, things could certainly be different than what the leaks show.

We just don't have enough info to make those sorts of conclusions, so going around saying it's 'in development' is spreading fake news. We just don't know yet. (Unless I'm underinformed or something:derp:)

Well, alternative outcomes could be it evolving to G4.5, delaying it's release giving is at least one more year of G4, or maybe they do decide to scrap G5 for the moment and adapt some of it's ideas to another G4 work :huh:. Well, possibilities are endless, and it's true they may change radically as time flows, but I think it's wise to assume all the leaks will come true. "It pays to expect the worst" -Kammy Koopa

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, making a petition is just making a mountain out of a molehill. S8 and S9 are coming, and G5 is coming at 2020 at the earliest. Rather than milk it into the ground like Fairly Odd Parents, Powerpuff Girls, Simpsons, and especially Family Guy, FIM/G4 should close on its own terms. S9 gives DHX that opportunity to wrap things up for FIM.

2 hours ago, Vocal Analyst said:

It's like those idiots who tried to force Hasbro to bring The Golden Oak Library back following the Season 4 finale, it's a waste of time and energy.

You're referencing the petition to bring back the Golden Oak Library, aren't you? If so, that petition was pure (and unfunny) troll work.

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, Jade Fire said:

i just want 10 seasons, make it a decade seems, sad to end it 1 year off of 10 years

@Jade Fire I agree completely with you. And best to know is that we have everything that IS made left forever anyway. And that is a lot of episodes and happy memories.

• Brohoof 3

I haven't even heard of any reliable source claiming that FiM is ending soon, and even then it's not like they're going to completely trash the entire MLP franchise. Hasbro knows how profitable it is and how much of a huge fanbase it has, if it actually gets a G5 then who knows, it could even attract different demographics. 

It's almost like saying you don't want to have Star Trek: DS9 or Voyager because it means Next Generations would end. 

• Brohoof 1

I personally dont want it to end anytime soon because i think there still many things to explore in this world, it just writers cant use it to its potential, there are still many missed opportunities, wasted potential. However, its not up to my decision to decide whether this series could go on or not, all i do is keep watching the next episode until there nothing left.

Doing petition is just a waste of time, just wait for the next episode and watch it.

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Cwanky said:

We can't link the source here because the leaks were legit. Every major Brony fan site has prohibited linking the material because it was obtained through a direct hack of their email servers. EqD was banning members for linking it. 

I perused the .eml files myself while ignoring any of the Season 8 episodes included since I don't want spoilers. I've worked in corporate IT most of my career. The leaks are legit. 

Though for those interested in an official announcement, look for that after Season 8 is done airing. Perhaps even as early as next HASCON. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

We can't link the source here because the leaks were legit. Every major Brony fan site has prohibited linking the material because it was obtained through a direct hack of their email servers. EqD was banning members for linking it. 

I perused the .eml files myself while ignoring any of the Season 8 episodes included since I don't want spoilers. I've worked in corporate IT most of my career. The leaks are legit. 

Though for those interested in an official announcement, look for that after Season 8 is done airing. Perhaps even as early as next HASCON. 

Maybe G5, but I don't think they'll announce the end of FIM until next year, assuming it will really end in two years  :huh:

Everything comes and goes in the end. Even my animated series will end several years after it starts in the future! I just hope this show ends on a high note with tying up the very important loose ends!

If FiM would continue on for too long, it would lose its charm. Too many shows have fallen prey to seasonal rot over the years in one way or another. While I think Season 7 was awesome, Season 6, especially its first half, was decidedly meh for me. If 9 is to be the final one, I hope they'll be able to give it a good sendoff and then move on to the next generation. I'm definitely going to give G5 a chance if and when it comes out, but G4 has had its time. I'll always love the show, and exactly because of that I want it to end while it's still good.

• Brohoof 1

Also as a general note. Your best hope is actually that FiM continues in some other form.

We are already pretty sure it will keep going in comic format. (There is no reason for it not to)

You might... And I mean might convince Hasbro to do some netflix stuff with FiM every now and then... like a 90 min thing every year or soemthing.

In the end it will all be about where the money is.

If Gen 5 blows. I fully expect for there to be a swing to a 4.5 spin-0ff.

Actually I would not mind a Gen 4.5 Spin off as a netflix show.

• Brohoof 1

On 1/20/2018 at 5:07 AM, Anneal said:

I haven't even heard of any reliable source claiming that FiM is ending soon, and even then it's not like they're going to completely trash the entire MLP franchise. Hasbro knows how profitable it is and how much of a huge fanbase it has, if it actually gets a G5 then who knows, it could even attract different demographics. 

It's almost like saying you don't want to have Star Trek: DS9 or Voyager because it means Next Generations would end. 

There have been leaked mails and assets (including unfinished 7 S8 episodes) that suggest they'll wrap up FIM in 2019 and start G5 the following year. Don't expect to find the files just laying around though (not to mention the source being shut down :dash:)

8 hours ago, blackstarraven said:

Also as a general note. Your best hope is actually that FiM continues in some other form.

We are already pretty sure it will keep going in comic format.

I actually never though about that possibility. Nice!