Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Start a Petition to try to convince Hasbro not to cancel My Little Pony friendship is magic

NathanW200
Message added by Jeric

Closed at the request of the OP

If you are interested in starting a petition to try to convince Hasbro not to close FIM  

72 users have voted

1. 1. If you want to start a Petition

• Do you want to start a Petition
    • Do you not want to start a Petition

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2018-08-21 at 04:00 PM

Theoretically, FIM could be extended and that could be done by cutting down from 26 episodes a season to like around half as with Season 3. If Season 8 and 9 are 26, they could be cut in half to give an extra 4 seasons total and just make some new Season Beginning/Finale episodes. This would mean longer wait times for the next seasons.

Edited by Singe

I've never heard of a company actually listening to a petition, no matter how many people have signed it.  It's false activism because it lulls people into thinking they're making a difference when in fact no one in a position to effect the plans for a given company would give it the time of day. 

Still, there are possibilities for FiM to continue after the new series begins.  It could run alongside the new series, as the new one is marketed more to an older audience while FiM has always had the younger demographic in mind.  FiM the show could end, but the spinoff media could continue.  The new show could flop and Hasbro/DHX could decide to return to the previous series.  The new series could build on the foundation set by FiM, and indeed it looks like it does, to the point where it's enough of a tribute to the old show that fans don't mind the transition.  Well, assuming that it doesn't change drastically within two years of planning as the case usually is with early concept stuff.  The point is, I don't think the sky is falling regardless of what happens.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, AlbaTross said:

I've never heard of a company actually listening to a petition, no matter how many people have signed it.  It's false activism because it lulls people into thinking they're making a difference when in fact no one in a position to effect the plans for a given company would give it the time of day. 

Still, there are possibilities for FiM to continue after the new series begins.  It could run alongside the new series, as the new one is marketed more to an older audience while FiM has always had the younger demographic in mind.  FiM the show could end, but the spinoff media could continue.  The new show could flop and Hasbro/DHX could decide to return to the previous series.  The new series could build on the foundation set by FiM, and indeed it looks like it does, to the point where it's enough of a tribute to the old show that fans don't mind the transition.  Well, assuming that it doesn't change drastically within two years of planning as the case usually is with early concept stuff.  The point is, I don't think the sky is falling regardless of what happens.

I don't expect G4 to continue when G5 comes. If it does, it'll be a series of shorts that'll last two seasons tops. Even if G5 flops, it's unlikely they'll go back to G4 anyways 

50 minutes ago, Kadeda said:

Nothing has really been confirmed has it? Let's relax a bit.

These leaks came from Hasbro's servers. Seasons 8 and 9 are confirmed by the leaks, and S9 is slated to be the last one. Whether G5 will come forth in 2020 or not remains to be fully seen.

2 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

These leaks came from Hasbro's servers. Seasons 8 and 9 are confirmed by the leaks, and S9 is slated to be the last one. Whether G5 will come forth in 2020 or not remains to be fully seen.

Season 3 was slated to be the final season before we got season 4 and onward. And season 9 is a long way off. Yes, these leaks came from Hasbro's servers. Remember the Sony leaks? They said the villain of the movie was Celestia and Luna's brother. The actual villain of the MLP movie was the Storm King. Bottom line/TL;DR, plans change and I don't think things are truly set in stone yet.

1 hour ago, ggg-2 said:

Season 3 was slated to be the final season before we got season 4 and onward. And season 9 is a long way off. Yes, these leaks came from Hasbro's servers. Remember the Sony leaks? They said the villain of the movie was Celestia and Luna's brother. The actual villain of the MLP movie was the Storm King. Bottom line/TL;DR, plans change and I don't think things are truly set in stone yet.

And everything point they are still at early stages of development, so it's possible G5 won't come at 2020 as planned. But we can't expect official word until later. Not to mention these leaks shown to the whole world may have cause their first change of plans :D 

Is this just a joke or is it legitimate? Because why would anyone want to cancel the show?

If Hasbro feels that the current generation isn't making them enough money or they feel that it has completely run its course, then they will bring it to a conclusion and focus their efforts on promoting generation five. I know people aren't happy about Friendship is Magic coming to an end but this is unfortunately a facet of reality. Hasbro owns the brand and they can do whatever they want with it. Hopefully, the series finale ends with a bang rather than a whimper.

• Brohoof 1

On 19/1/2018 at 3:55 PM, NathanW200 said:

no friend everything has to end, my friend. nothing can last forever, it's like a caterpillar that becomes a butterfly. a human being is born, he ages and dies and a flower is born and withers.

On 19/1/2018 at 5:13 PM, Ryanmahaffe said:

That is ridiculous. No, if Hasbro has plans to end the series in 2019 and to start G5 shortly after no petition is going to completely change their minds. If it is true than MLP will have ended with so much content compared to not just other gens, but other modern cartoons

G4
-9 Seasons, 231 episodes
-4 Spinoff movies with multiple specials
-Tons of Comic books and comic lines
-A feature film
-Novels and childrens books
-One of the largest cartoon fandoms of all time

That is so much for a gen of My Little Pony and is a testament to the quality of FiM. It if it to end in 2019, I am just glad it had such an amazing run with so many awesome moments and memories. 

I understand is so much for a gen of My Little Pony and is a testament to the quality of FiM, The show mlp: fim is a friendship story created by the very same and goddess of the show Lauren Faust. the show would end with friendship things, would end up as Tranformers, Star Trek, Power Rangers or like their previous generations MLP that is an incarnation of G1 as Littlest Pet Shop had an end and had a reboot that has nothing to do with the previous one and so they will do the same with MLP

• 4 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:07 AM, Anneal said:

I haven't even heard of any reliable source claiming that FiM is ending soon, and even then it's not like they're going to completely trash the entire MLP franchise. Hasbro knows how profitable it is and how much of a huge fanbase it has, if it actually gets a G5 then who knows, it could even attract different demographics. 

It's almost like saying you don't want to have Star Trek: DS9 or Voyager because it means Next Generations would end. 

you do make a good point 

It has to end sometime. As much as I adore this show, there needs to closure for our favorite little ponies. If not, it'll just drag on (some people would argue it's already dragging on, I disagree) and we'll get an ending we don't like. If G5 happens, we at least will have that to somewhat fulfil our need for poni

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:43 PM, AlbaTross said:

you make a really good point

On 1/22/2018 at 4:43 PM, AlbaTross said:

Still, there are possibilities for FiM to continue after the new series begins.  It could run alongside the new series, as the new one is marketed more to an older audience while FiM has always had the younger demographic in mind.  FiM the show could end, but the spinoff media could continue.  The new show could flop and Hasbro/DHX could decide to return to the previous series.  

... ooooooor the G5 show ends up as a spinoff :squee:. Like you mentioned, stuff with early concepts aren't likely to pan out as planned with the schedule nor the ideas.

I said no to the petition. To be honest, I wouldn't have minded if the series had ended after S6. Not that fans who enjoy S7 and S8 are wrong to do so, I just found myself losing interest when they started focusing on Starlight Glimmer and ...ugh... Trixie. Never was a fan of either of those, they don't interest me as much as the original Mane Six did, and the fact that the Newsome Twosome are needed to generate new storylines just tells me this current incarnation (as it started) has become unsupportable. Maybe I'll watch S7 and S8 and get invested again, but I guess I've moved on for the most part. That's not an indictment on the show, it's just what has happened to me personally. Bring on G5, maybe I'll find myself drawn back in.

Not a good idea, folks.  Everything, no matter how good, EVERYTHING must come to an end.  Yeah, I love the show too, but do you really want it to go the way of the Simpsons and, as I understand it, Spongebob? (Didn't keep up with that, so I don't personally know, but everyone says that.)  Is that really what you want?  Cuz I don't think it is.  Better that they end G4 with grace before it turns to crap and then start something new.  I'd much prefer G5 than for G4 to go on for some 30-odd seasons.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Justin_Case001 said:

Not a good idea, folks.  Everything, no matter how good, EVERYTHING must come to an end.  Yeah, I love the show too, but do you really want it to go the way of the Simpsons and, as I understand it, Spongebob? (Didn't keep up with that, so I don't personally know, but everyone says that.)  Is that really what you want?  Cuz I don't think it is.  Better that they end G4 with grace before it turns to crap and then start something new.  I'd much prefer G5 than for G4 to go on for some 30-odd seasons.

Yeah, this is a very real thing sadly. I heard it stated as a term called "Seasonal Rot". Basically just the show won't die when it should of died seasons ago. I don't think MLP:FiM has just yet reached Season Rot but it will if it keeps on going. Putting it to a good end would be the best for the show. I just hope that the writers actually put a lot of dedication into a finale for the series, like filling up a bunch of plot holes and that kind of stuff.

• Brohoof 4

• The topic was locked