Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bladed / Exotic Weapons Thread

Chigens and Kay

I have a question related to the topic.

Has anyone else hear who practices these weapon arts been met with resistance online or otherwise? Meaning have you been asked to justify why you pursue this discipline to others?

I have a question related to the topic.

Has anyone else hear who practices these weapon arts been met with resistance online or otherwise? Meaning have you been asked to justify why you pursue this discipline to others?

Nope, that's a new one on me.

• Brohoof 1

I'd be happy if I had a collection of Katana models of varying sizes, from the knife-length japanese blades, Wakizashi and ending with with the absurdly long Odachi. Unfortunately I do not, but I may work on that when I have my own home.

• Brohoof 1

How often do you flip your bali-song? If you flip it often, I regret to inform you that it will break in a matter of days.

Anywho, here's my collection:

100_3145.jpg

Axe (Make and brand unknown): Yes, I know this isn't technically a weapon, but it's got a blade, it's hefty, and it can put some serious hurt on you. That makes it a weapon in my book.

100_3146.jpg

Katana (Make and brand unknown): More of a decoration than a weapon, and most likely not full tang, but it'll work if - God forbid - I need to protect myself.

100_3147.jpg

Urban Camo Throwing Knives by Perfect Point: I'm not very good at throwing these, but they look cool and they do their job.

100_3150.jpg

Damascus Steel Bali-Song by Bear and Son Cutlery: My favorite blade out of my collection. Also the most expensive, and the only one I can do anything cool with.

100_3151.jpg

Folding Knife (Make unknown) by Gerber: Just a run of the mill little pocket knife.

i can tell you right now that katana is worth more than your ballisong :)  that is probably a 150 dollars sword . looks like a 

United Cutlery UC3026 Honshu 

(edited)

I bought myself a new EDC knife earlier in the afternoon.

Kershaw Cryo, info copied from the website.

SpeedSafe assisted opening
Frame lock
Flipper and thumbstud
Quad-carry (tip-up/tip-down; left/right) pocketclip; deep-carry
Steel: 8Cr13MoV, titanium carbo-nitride coating
Handle: 410, titanium carbo-nitride coating
Blade length: 2.75 in. (7 cm)
Closed length: 3.75 in. (9.5 cm)
Overall length: 6.5 in. (16.5 cm)
Weight: 4.1 oz. (116.2 g)
Edited by Frith is Magick
  • Brohoof 1

HK usp appjack cutie mark

016_zps56674c8a.jpg

i have too many blades to list. but i carry a columbia river knife & tool M16z for CQB and cutting use.

Burmese Dha sword

014_zps506d7950.jpg

zombie hunting gear

032.jpg

the one in the middle is a slimline machete sword

butterfly knife

015-2.jpg

O-Katana from cheness. It can cut into a steel 55gal drum with harming the blade or sword and will 2-4 whole pig in half in skilled hands.

017_zps426bfff1.jpg

licensed replica highlander sword(1045 carbon steel and can cut)

014_zps30771ff9.jpg

Do you like my swords, sword?
Sword, my diamond sword, sword

If you don't you're lying. But that would be fine. Because it is awesome. And you're probably jealous!

I can swing my sword, sword
'Cause I am the lord, lord

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I absolutely love bladed weapons! Here's my collection of cold steel: 

Viking Dagger: 

post-18351-0-43713500-1399148639_thumb.png

Pocket knives: 

post-18351-0-55252400-1399148697_thumb.png

Fixed-bladed knives: 

post-18351-0-32591100-1399148771_thumb.png

Scalpel: 

post-18351-0-03594200-1399148784_thumb.png

Swords:

post-18351-0-74163000-1399148947_thumb.png

Scythe: 

post-18351-0-07713700-1399148810_thumb.png

Replica Rob Zombie Halloween and Halloween 2 knives: 

post-18351-0-47968500-1399148903_thumb.png

Edited by Dinos4Ever
  • Brohoof 2

i can tell you right now that katana is worth more than your ballisong :)  that is probably a 150 dollars sword . looks like a 

United Cutlery UC3026 Honshu 

Isn't United known for over-priced wallhangers made of cheap and brittle stainless, or is that just their movie and TV replicas? 

H

licensed replica highlander sword(1045 carbon steel and can cut)

img-2596485-6-014_zps30771ff9.jpg

Nice, I'm kind of Jealous,  I'm assuming it's one of those high-quality ones from TrueSwords?

Is it Duncan's or Connor's?

Isn't United known for over-priced wallhangers made of cheap and brittle stainless, or is that just their movie and TV replicas? 

Nice, I'm kind of Jealous,  I'm assuming it's one of those high-quality ones from TrueSwords?

Is it Duncan's or Connor's?

the O-Katana was 299$ on sale and the highlander is a real sword(1045 steel). It was a gift and they guy gave me that sword because he work for the people who make swords for moives

• Brohoof 1

the O-Katana was 299$ on sale and the highlander is a real sword(1045 steel). It was a gift and they guy gave me that sword because he work for the people who make swords for moives

The One's from TrueSwords are real as well(I believe they run like $400 and even have Christopher and Adrain's respective signatures etched on the blades).

Do you know which sword it is? Both Conner and Duncan has unique Katanas. 

Went to K-Mart today and purchased a Buck 119 for my upcoming Redwoods trip: 

E2cSLM0.jpg

I picked it partially for it's versatility, and partially because it's big brother, the Buck 120, was used as the knife in ScreamB)

• Brohoof 1

Always wanted to pop back into this thread finally.  While not entirely a weapon by itself, the bayonet on our Martini-Henry here is certainly fitting of the description.

tumblr_mxno78vROY1rp1soxo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxno78vROY1rp1soxo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxno78vROY1rp1soxo4_1280.jpg

These photos are slightly out of date, as we've fully restored the Martini-Henry and its bayonet by this time. Might take a few shiny photos of it if someone's interested.

• Brohoof 2

Went to K-Mart today and purchased a Buck 119 for my upcoming Redwoods trip:  I picked it partially for it's versatility, and partially because it's big brother, the Buck 120, was used as the knife in Scream. 
I checked out the blade steel on it. 420HC, pretty good, and depending on the edge, you may get good use (unless it's razor or near razor sharp). 

Just a few. Some are around 100 years old some 50 and others are new. I have more than this though. Attached Thumbnails
Pretty nice collection there, I'm a bit jealous. How has the Gerber been working for you?
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The Gerber is pretty nice. I have had it for about 10 years or so and no loose parts nor rust. I have cut the tip of my finger off (the pad) and didn't notice until I looked at the carpeting I had to cut and wondered why the carpet was a little red. Then the pain came. I was probably 16? Its sturdy and will do what you want (So long as you aren't being stupid)

Other pictures

Im not dragging my knives out and taking a new picture because I would have to get them out of various pockets in jackets, bags, cars etc. So old pictures with other crap in them. I also have a SOG machete

Edited by Wolfstanus
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

fdfdfdasdaaweawewereererf

Edited by ,,,

Just a few. Some are around 100 years old some 50 and others are new.

I have more than this though.

What model machete is that? I've been looking for a good Ft13th Part 1 type machete and that looks real nice. 

Also, dug these out of my closet. The top one is a 1950's swtchblade that belonged to my grandfather: 

post-18351-0-19651400-1399314974_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2