Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bladed / Exotic Weapons Thread

Chigens and Kay

I'm more of a firearms guy, but i do have a soft spot for blades

Here are the ones i still have/haven't sold or traded.

(*sigh* Images aren't working)

Bujinkan Oniyuri (23" blade 14" Tsuka)

Hanwei Practical Ninjato (I bought this as more of a novelty, than anything, as it's not historically accurate) 

My favorite out of my swords is a Ronin Dojo Pro model 18, this thing's put up with a hell of a lot of abuse.

I also have a a Khukuri House Khukri 

A Cold Steel Gladius

and an Aranyik E-Nep

As for my smaller EDC blades and smaller fixed blades

Cold Steel Bushman

Serrated USMC Ka-Bar

Hanwei V-42 Stiletto

CRKT M16

Klein Buck Electrician's Knife

Cold Steel 6" Ti-Lite.                                                                                     

Edited by VoxPolice
  • Brohoof 2

I have a replica (not battle ready) katana, a decorative shaolin sword, five FIE approved epees called Lucy, Lily, Kari, Alice, and Amy, and two training epees that currently don't work called Cloud and Shade, who are successors of two more epees currently reduced to their component parts called Mist and Shadow. (Those last four are named after Pippin's song in Return of the King)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't have any remotely exotic bladed weapons at the moment, but I do own at least two pocket knives. 

I really want to get a knife that's popular and practical for modern self-defense, but I'm not currently familiar with laws regarding the ownership/carrying of bladed weapons. I'll need to do some research into that.

I don't have any remotely exotic bladed weapons at the moment, but I do own at least two pocket knives. 

I really want to get a knife that's popular and practical for modern self-defense, but I'm not currently familiar with laws regarding the ownership/carrying of bladed weapons. I'll need to do some research into that.

It varies by state. In California, when I was hiking the Redwoods, I was able to keep a 7 inch bladed knife at my side "just in case", however in Illinois, where I live, I'm only allowed to carry a knife with a 2.5 inch blade, which is what I carry (though many people get away with larger, so long as you're not taking it out and waving it around in peoples faces). 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

It varies by state. In California, when I was hiking the Redwoods, I was able to keep a 7 inch bladed knife at my side "just in case", however in Illinois, where I live, I'm only allowed to carry a knife with a 2.5 inch blade, which is what I carry (though many people get away with larger, so long as you're not taking it out and waving it around in peoples faces).

Here in Iowa anything under four inches that isn't a bali or auto is fair game. I personally carry a 3.25in assisted-opening Kershaw

Reviving thread because I picked an interesting wall-hanger

mSp57mq.jpg

bWA3wAd.jpg

4bFbp5D.jpg

QmIwn7S.jpg

Tk0xIG2.jpg

9z1e1hP.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Blades are good, they cut.

My parents forbid me to bear so called "weapons," so I learn to take them from people and "borrow" them.

Besides, with proper usage, anything can become a weapon.

Edited by Solid Scorpion
  • Brohoof 1

I own a multitude of short knives, folding knives, that sort of thing. Too many to post individual pics of, and I can't be arsed to find them all. I have two items of note, however;

18mg7e2pyyqh5jpg.jpg

A Fiskars X17 axe (not my pic). Put an edge on mine good enough to shave with. Bloody beautiful, as modern axes go. Probs getting an X25 or 27 soon, seeing how well the X17 performs.

12212009_735917973205311_1627850440_n.jp

It's rather unclear, but on the blade is engraved "Alles Fur Deutschland". Issued to the SA.

I'm not a Nazi, I swear.

I just really like their knives

This one's a dress model, but It'd only take a bit to put a decent edge on it. Also comes with a good story. My grandfather, working in London in the 60's, found it in the street after a neo-nazi rally. Regaled me with a tale of a policeman handing it to a 19-year old him and saying "Go sell it, mate. Gotta be worth a couple quid." Can probably get a good one for three hundred pounds nowadays (about $450), but in the condition it's in not really worth more than two hundred ($300). Grip was originally brown but has been painted. Sorry that the pic's been taken at such a shitey angle, and in such poor light. Don't really get this one out very much due to the... You can probably figure out why.

guess I should post my daily carry too. It's a browning lock knife, blade length of 2 and 3/4 inches. Not bad, but haven't really been able to use it for anything more than opening a six-pack of beers at the moment. Switched it out for my old victorinox after the shorter blade snapped.

BROWNING-338-Model-Small-Falcon-Folding-

Again, not my picture, but damn well easier than taking my own.

Yeah, knives are pretty cool. Axes too. Not a massive fan of swords, but I definitely see the appeal. Shame that all the legally obtainable ones are either expensive or relatively poor quality. You pay for what you get, I guess.

Edited by ForthEorl
  • Brohoof 1

Here in Iowa anything under four inches that isn't a bali or auto is fair game. I personally carry a 3.25in assisted-opening Kershaw

Reviving thread because I picked an interesting wall-hanger

sig-4295353.mSp57mq.jpg

sig-4295353.bWA3wAd.jpg

sig-4295353.4bFbp5D.jpg

sig-4295353.QmIwn7S.jpg

sig-4295353.Tk0xIG2.jpg

sig-4295353.9z1e1hP.jpg

Does that say China on the side of the blade? :P 

Ever since I practiced with a friend's nunchakus when I was younger, I always wanted to get my hands on some. I like flail weapons in general for some reason. I just feel like it's like the ultimate challenge to learn to use a flail weapon requires the most hand eye coordination and control.

• 6 months later...

Well I have that knife, a Douk-douk, from what I read on the internet, it's a french factory that made it for the melanesian market (in the Pacific ocean near Indonesia and Polynesia) in the beginning of the 20th century and it didn't sell well there so they started selling them to people from north Africa and then the whole Africa, they liked those knives because they were cheap but quality and solid knives...

Anyway I got mine from the ones that my father collected a while ago, it was waiting in a box and now I got it in my outdoor/geology bag, used it to separate sediments and cut fruits and plants, I don't plan on using it as a weapon...

PenNF6uV62vSOy1h.JPG

But I sure prefer the good old chisel geologist hammer ! Estwing, made in usa, it's a nice tool (not really a weapon either...):

XOCWDqV90IH11gys.JPG

• Brohoof 2