Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

XXIII Olympic Winter Games (PyeongChang, South Korea, Feb. 9-25, 2018)

PiratePony

The Netherlands has already 3 golden medaillons. B) Go The Netherlands! 

https://www.parool.nl/sport/volledig-nederlands-podium-op-de-3000-meter-schaatsen~a4567457/

On the 3 km, a totally Dutch stage

Carlijn Achtereekte - 3.59.21

Ireen Wüst - 3.59.29

Antoinette de Jong - 4.00.02

And of course Sjinkie Knegt has also performed great. :squee:

Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 3

Another gold medal for germany. Andreas Wellinger won from the normal ramp and is the first german to win gold in skijumping since 1994. 2 gold medals on the first day is not bad. ;)

1 hour ago, Hierok said:

The Netherlands has already 3 golden medaillons. B) Go The Netherlands! 

https://www.parool.nl/sport/volledig-nederlands-podium-op-de-3000-meter-schaatsen~a4567457/

On the 3 km, a totally Dutch stage

Carlijn Achtereekte - 3.59.21

Ireen Wüst - 3.59.29

Antoinette de Jong - 4.00.02

You dutch really do nothing else during winter, besides running on frozen lakes do you? :P

• Brohoof 3

10 minutes ago, Mesmelicious Rize said:

You dutch really do nothing else during winter, besides running on frozen lakes do you? :P

Most of us do indeed. :D 

You Germans can learn something from it. :squee: No just kidding. Germany is always my favourite with the world championships with football. :orly:

Just now, Hierok said:

Most of us do indeed. :D 

You Germans can learn something from it. :squee: No just kidding. Germany is always my favourite with the world championships with football. :orly:

Thank you my neighbor.

(Mesme and Hierok win. They realize friendship is more important. :P )

And Sven Kramer has gold on the 5000 meter again. Three times in a row. + Olympic record. :grin:

MEDAILLES PER LAND

Land Goud Zilver Brons Totaal
Nederland The Netherlands 2 2 1 5
Duitsland Germany 2 0 0 2
Noorwegen Norway 1 4 3 8
Zuid-Korea South-Korea 1 0 0 1
Verenigde Staten United States 1 0 0 1
Zweden Sweden 1 0 0 1
Canada Canada 0 2 1 3
Tsjechië Czech Republic 0 0 1 1
Finland Finland 0 0 1 1
Olympische atleten uit Rusland Russia 0 0 1 1
Edited by Hierok

Another Gold Medal for Germany. Arnd Pfeiffer wins the biathlon sprint of the man, very surprisingly against the french and norwegian favorites.

With 3 gold medals, germany is past the netherlands again. :P

• Brohoof 2

Just found out that American snowboarder Arielle Gold is friends with an RA in my dorm. :wau:

Now, as for stuff I've watched today... did anybody else watch that men's 30km cross country skiing race? Simen Kruger of Norway fell early on, got stuck in the back of the pack, and somehow fought his way to gold. Breathtaking performance!

4745917.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Speaking of snowboarders, Finland's Enni Rukajärvi just won bronze in ladies slopestyle. Second medal for Finland, yay! :yay:

Kruger an other Norwegians were surely on fire in men's cross country skiing. Great race!

Edited by Divine plywood

Dahlmeier won gold again today, in women biathlon chasing.

Germany also won bronze in men chasing biathlon with Benedikt Doll and we won silver in women skijumping from the normal ramp with Katharina Althaus.

At the end of the third day, Germany is first on the medal rankings. Second are the netherlands, third is Norway, fourth is Canada and fifth are the USA.

• Brohoof 2

That Australian girl took such a nasty fall; I hope she's okay.

Kim's final run was stellar. Wowza. Her board skittered a little after one if her jumps which might have been her only deduction (from my layman perspective)

It's great to finally see some skiing!

22 hours ago, Prospekt said:

Just found out that American snowboarder Arielle Gold is friends with an RA in my dorm. :wau:

Now, as for stuff I've watched today... did anybody else watch that men's 30km cross country skiing race? Simen Kruger of Norway fell early on, got stuck in the back of the pack, and somehow fought his way to gold. Breathtaking performance!

4745917.jpg

A little late, but my daughter and I were watching that. It was so awesome, and I live that Norway swept.

• Brohoof 1

Shaun is a living legend, he will be in the podium once more that's for sure.

Damn, Finns keep letting me down. First two of our boys both crashed in the pipe and old man Piiroinen who got silver from Vancouver didn't do great either...

Just saw White's second run. That man is something else... :o

Edited by Divine plywood
  • Brohoof 2

Gold and Silver for Germany in womens Luge, which makes this our 5th gold medal and 2nd silver medal.

I am very happy with these results and how our athletes are doing, proving again that germany is one of the top winter sport nations. :D

• Brohoof 2

@Hierok Very. There has been some criticism before the games, that we lag good athletes these days to really compete with the top nations.

But i am proud that we proved the critics wrong. :D

Just now got the change to start watching today's recordings of olympics. Norway's 21-year old skier Jonannes Kläbo took gold in men's cross-country sprint and became the youngest men to win olympic gold in classic sprint. What a race! That boy-wonder didn't just skied, he ran the uphills! Phenomenal!

Kuvahaun tulos haulle johannes klaebo olympic gold

Congratulations also to Germany and Netherlands for your great success!

Edited by Divine plywood
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Divine plywood said:

@Mesmelicious Rize Buck yeah! Hockey is one of my favorite olympic sports! Germany's teams have got better in past years and done well in the world championships, so this might became more tough fight than many think.

Best of luck for both teams!

In that case, may the best team win. ;)

• Brohoof 1