Register now to remove this ad.
PiratePony

XXIII Olympic Winter Games (PyeongChang, South Korea, Feb. 9-25, 2018)

looks so dead in here. :P

Anyway, Germany continues to dominate the olympics.

We won bronze medal in biathlon of the womens and won 2 gold medals, one in luge double and in figure skating, which is a big sensation since germany hasn't won olympic gold there since 1956 during the winter olympics of Cortina d'Ampezzo in Italy.

Sadly though, the german ice hockey team lost their first game against finland with 5:2, which i think makes @Divine plywood very happy. :P

Eitherway, germany now has 9 gold medals after barely 1 week into the games, with norway with 6 gold medals on second and then the netherlands with 5.

• Brohoof 2

Kramer did not only not win gold, but didn't even get any medaillon. Oh, the shame. :D

I'm still thrilled about Shane White winning the gold, such redemption! .... till some crackass news reporter bought a 2 years old closed case about his sexual harassment incident. That was done and over it like 2 yrs agos, why don't the media just leave well enough alone.  

They were trying to throw the same card like they did with Peyton Manning...:okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 1

53 minutes ago, Mesmelicious Rize said:

looks so dead in here. :P

Anyway, Germany continues to dominate the olympics.

We won bronze medal in biathlon of the womens and won 2 gold medals, one in luge double and in figure skating, which is a big sensation since germany hasn't won olympic gold there since 1956 during the winter olympics of Cortina d'Ampezzo in Italy.

Sadly though, the german ice hockey team lost their first game against finland with 5:2, which i think makes @Divine plywood very happy. :P

Eitherway, germany now has 9 gold medals after barely 1 week into the games, with norway with 6 gold medals on second and then the netherlands with 5.

There was a gorgeous performance by the Germans in yesterday's pair skating final. Bruno Massot and Aliona Savchenko put on a show like nothing I've seen in the Winter Games before. They were untouchable. I think everyone else competing in the finals was real nervous, because almost every pair suffered a fall at some point and just didn't have a gold medal-worthy demeanor--except for the Germans. They were so fun to watch, even though my Americans were terrible in the competition and didn't even make it to the finals. :P Seriously, the North Koreans left us in the dust. Come on, guys! ;)

21 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

There was a gorgeous performance by the Germans in yesterday's pair skating final. Bruno Massot and Aliona Savchenko put on a show like nothing I've seen in the Winter Games before. They were untouchable. I think everyone else competing in the finals was real nervous, because almost every pair suffered a fall at some point and just didn't have a gold medal-worthy demeanor--except for the Germans. They were so fun to watch, even though my Americans were terrible in the competition and didn't even make it to the finals. :P Seriously, the North Koreans left us in the dust. Come on, guys! ;)

Yeah, i saw the highlights again this afternoon, since the competition was early in the morning at my time.

After our first run, we where fourth, which already was good enough for us. But what Massot and Savchenko showed was indeed incredible. I am not expert on figure skating, but you can probably show this to someone who is not a fan and in most cases, he could also appreciate it. :)

40 minutes ago, TBD, Scoffer of TBA said:

I'm still thrilled about Shane White winning the gold, such redemption! .... till some crackass news reporter bought a 2 years old closed case about his sexual harassment incident. That was done and over it like 2 yrs agos, why don't the media just leave well enough alone.  

They were trying to throw the same card like they did with Peyton Manning...:okiedokieloki:

I have really delved into Shaun Whites sexual allegations, but i know that Shaun is really the man, when it comes to Snowboarding.

The Media is always out for sensationalism, even if the news are totally stupid. But it dosen't matter, since these kinds of news gets ratings.

• Brohoof 2

OH YES! I was so scared to watch ladies 10 km freestyle cross-country skiing, but Pärmäkoski snatched bronze again with same time than Norway's Marit Björgen. Two bronze medalists in one race, what a thriller! :yay:

But at the same time, Norway took 6 medals in one single day... We definitely have fell in medal rankings in these past decades. :sunny: Finland is not what we used to be, but I'm glad when individual athletes do well !

• Brohoof 1