Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Countries You'd Like To Visit?

Nightfall Gloam

Hello, everyone!

I was debating whether I should do this topic, and decided I should. So I was just wondering, are there any countries you want to visit? I have quite a few of them, and they are the following:

• The Philippines (based on everything I've read about the country, as well as the pictures of it I've seen, it seems like a beautiful country, and I'd love to visit many of its landmarks and try a lot of the food there. I also have lots of friends from the country)
  • Thailand (I actually went to Thailand when I was younger, kinda wanted to visit again for some reason)
  • Japan (I'll admit it is mainly because of Japanese pop culture, but I do also want to visit some of its many landmarks, and learn more about the country)
  • South Korea (pretty much the same reasons as Japan)
  • United Kingdom (not sure why, I kinda just do!)
  • Sweden (again, I'm not really sure)
  • Poland (For some reason, I've started being interested in Poland)
  • The Netherlands (my dad's side of the family is from there)
  • New Zealand (my mum's side of the family is from there)
  • United States (mainly for the pop culture, as well as some landmarks)
  • Canada (again, not really sure why, I kinda just do)
  • Mexico (forgot to mention this one, but, I'd love to try more Mexican foods, besides the usual tacos, burritos, etc...)
  • China (it does seem like an interesting country, and considering the kind of influence it seems to be gaining in the world, I'd like to visit it)
Edited by Nightfallicious Gloamiscus
2 more countries I forgot to mention!
  • Brohoof 3

Japan and Greece (my two favourite countries)

Reasons : I simply love their history, culture, phylosophy (including PRC whilst talking about such things), monuments/ornaments, people and policy.

I'd like to visit the following...

South Korea,

Catalonia (I've not been in a year nearly),

US (only when Trump gets sent out the country and somepony like me would be safe to visit),

Sweden (I'm a PewDiePie fan, I like Sweden also),

Ireland (I'm from Irish decent on my mum's side and I'd quite like to visit... and I'm a JackSepticEye fan),

Australia (oh, and @Nightfallicious Gloamiscus since you're an aussie, I'd like to ask if you often encounter spiders or snakes (I'm only scared of AU Snakes, not snakes usually, my waifu on the other hoof (I'm always scared of spiders)) and do you recommend me to visit any specific parts of Australia?),

Brazil (It looks like a beautiful country),

Jordan (same reason),

China (same reason),

Tunisia (when it's safe for me to visit (BTW my auntie went and she loved it, and then she told me about it and it sounded amazing)).

I think that's it for now, it isn't all of the countries I'd want to visit, I just cannie be bothered typing that much, it would take an hour to type the real amount

• Brohoof 1

Some countries I want to visit (I'm from the US):

- New Zealand: It is so beautiful and out of the way. Supposedly one of the better countries to live in.

- Canada: Also beautiful, and it's not too far away so it would be a much more affordable trip than the other countries on this list.

- Mexico: Again, it's close. The beaches are gorgeous. The food is oh, so delicious. And there are some really cool ancient landmarks, especially in the southern Yucatan Peninsula region.

- Japan: Another beautiful country with a rich history and a culture that interests me.

- Iceland: Yet another beautiful country (can you tell I love scenery?) and it's extremely peaceful.

- Poland: Rich history and I've heard it's got some really cool destinations.

- United Kingdom: So. Much. History! And I want to see a Manchester United game before I die. :P

- Ireland: So green. So picturesque. I'd love to see some of the old Celtic ruins.

- Italy: A lot of my dad's family has roots in Italy and the island of Sicily. I love the food, I love the culture. I love the fact that there is so much history, ranging from ancient times to the Renaissance, on display.

- Greece: Same reasons as Italy, except I'm not sure if I have Greek ancestry. And I've never had Greek food before. :huh:

- Russia: Same as Greece. I especially want to visit St. Petersburg.

- Spain and Catalonia: Same as Greece and Russia.

- Israel: I probably wouldn't go, because of all the instability and violence in the Middle East in general (never mind the Israeli-Palestinian conflict...), but a pony can dream, right? Once again, there's so much ancient history in the region. Especially in Jerusalem, which is one of the holiest sites in the Abrahamic family of religions.

- Jordan: Probably wouldn't actually go for the same reason as Israel, but the ancient city of Petra fascinates me. It's an archeological wonder.

• Brohoof 4

I'd like to visit both Germany and Japan at some point, my parents have lived or visited both countries at least once in their life and I would like to travel abroad too.  I think they're both beautiful countries and I like their languages.  I plan on learning(or trying to learn) both languages when I can.  I used to take German in high school but have forgotten most of it because I haven't had any reason to actually USE it...

• Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

Australia (oh, and @Nightfallicious Gloamiscus since you're an aussie, I'd like to ask if you often encounter spiders or snakes (I'm only scared of AU Snakes, not snakes usually, my waifu on the other hoof (I'm always scared of spiders)) and do you recommend me to visit any specific parts of Australia?),

I've basically never encountered any snakes here, but I've had plenty of experiences with spiders. I'm fairly certain they're not much of a problem if you don't bother them though. I'd recommend going to Sydney.

11 minutes ago, Nightfallicious Gloamiscus said:

I've basically never encountered any snakes here, but I've had plenty of experiences with spiders. I'm fairly certain they're not much of a problem if you don't bother them though. I'd recommend going to Sydney.

• United Kingdom (not sure why, I kinda just do!)

good!

thanks!

I recommend...

Blackpool, Glasgow (since Scotland tho she's kicking and screaming and being drageed but anyways lets not get into that, that topic belong in the debate pit), Inverness, Manchester and London (if you have any time left) and Ayr or Saltcoats (basically anywhere with a beach)

Edited by Sherbert Music-Guard
  • Brohoof 2

I would love to go through Western Europe and Greece. Just because I'm a history nerd and would love to see all of the sites, the beautiful architecture, museums, etc.

Otherwise, I would love to see a colder region like Greenland or even the countries of the Scandinavian region.

• Brohoof 2

There are many countries I would like to go to, some that I’ve never been to before and some that I have.

My current list of new countries to visit is:

- Chile, because it seems to be the nicest country in South America and I’d love to visit the city of Valparaíso and it’s colourfully painted houses.

- The USA, because it’s just somewhere you have to go at least once in your life and it would be nice to visit a new country that speaks the same language and has similar culture to my home country.

- Canada, because it is like the US but quieter. It seems like a really nice country with lovely people and I’d love to visit.

- Japan, yet another beautiful country. I love to take photos and feel like I’d get so many great shots in Japan.

- New Zealand, I’d love to visit the mountains and lakes of this country.

- Egypt, it’s a famous and very old country and as a history student that excites me a lot.

- Poland, again lots of history to be explored. Poland also seems like a pretty cool country and I’d love to see their culture firsthand.

- Peru, to see Machu Pichu and possibly see the rainforests.

My list of countries to revisit is:

- Australia, I have lots of great memories of Australia from the couple of times I went their as a child, I would like some more recent memories and would like to revisit Melbourne, Perth, Canberra and Sydney as well as to visit the Gold Coast.

- South Africa/Lesotho, I live in Lesotho when I was younger and I feel like seeing the places I was as a child again would be great. While we lived there we crossed into SA frequently and I would love to revisit Cape Town, Bloemfontein and Pretoria.

- The Netherlands, I had a great time in Amsterdam last summer, I’d love to see more of the country.

- Denmark, same reasons as the Netherlands.

- Norway, I want to some day go further north than Oslo to see the northern lights and the clear night sky with no pollution.

- Singapore, A great city state, would be interesting to visit again now that I know it’s history and cultural significance.

- Spain, I’ve only been to Menorca and would love to see the Spanish mainland.

- Croatia, I had a great time in Croatia when I was last there but I did not get the chance to swim in the lovely warm oceans and lakes because of medical reasons. I’d love to go back and get more out of the experience.

47 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

- United Kingdom: So. Much. History! And I want to see a Manchester United game before I die. :P

If you do make it to the UK and want to get a good taste of history I recommend checking out some of the less well known cities. Obviously London has a lot of history behind it, dating all the way back to the Romans, but every part of the country has something to show.

I would recommend Lincoln for example, it was founded as the roman colony of Lindum Colonia and has many Roman remains. There’s a huge gothic cathedral that was the tallest building in the world for nearly 500 years and was originally founded by the Romans and the last roman archway still standing in the country, right next to it. As well as the one castle that didn’t fall to the French and stopped England becoming part of France.

• Brohoof 2

Well I have quite a lot but here are the ones I'd like to visit the most:

- Spain: It looks beautiful and I'd get to speak Spanish, eat churros all day and party with Lightwing? :maud:

- Sweden/Norway/Denmark: I've always loved Scandinavian languages and food, also there's a lot of nature which would be great to see.

- Italy: So much history, art, and architecture and I've heard great things about it!

- UK: Certainly a lot to see here, especially in England but I would go to Scotland too.

- Australia: Maybe it's because of you, Nightfall, but yeah Sydney looks super fun :D 

I'd also love to see more of France and Germany - there are a bunch of cool places in those countries that I haven't been to. And I'd like to go back to Canada but to go to Quebec! A bit of France here in North America :ooh: 

Of course this isn't everywhere but I would be here all night :wacko: 

• Brohoof 3

13 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

- Australia: Maybe it's because of you, Nightfall, but yeah Sydney looks super fun :D

o//o

Yeah, Sydney is pretty nice. I believe I've told you this through Discord before, but, I've kind of always wanted to live there. Very different to my home city and state though, which I won't mention for obvious reasons...

Last Summer was the 1st time that I ever traveled outside of the United States! I got to visit England, France, and Italy and it was absolutely wonderful! I would love to visit the following countries in the near future:

1. Mexico - I love Mexican food and culture. Being from the United States, we don't get to try authentic Mexican food too often, so I would love to get the chance to try all types of moles, sopas, pan dulces, etc...
  2. Vietnam - The country my family had to escape following the end of the Vietnam War back in 1975. Even though we've been residing here in the US for more than 40 years, I would like to go back to learn more about my culture and heritage.
  3. Japan - 1 of my top travel destinations. Food, anime, manga, and video games are just some of the reasons why I want to visit this beautiful country. Plus it would be really cool to try one of those capsule hotels that I see on Youtube every now and then.
  • Brohoof 2

I live near Canada, so I guess that wouldn't count.  Besides, going to Canada doesn't feel like your going to another country...until you get to Quebec.    Anyways...

1) The #1 place I'd like to go to is Australia.  In particular, I'd like to explore the Outback.  I have a fondness for deserts and I'd love to visit Ayers Rock.
2) And speaking of deserts, I want to visit the Gobi Desert in China and the Sahara in Egypt.  And while I'm there, I might as well head up to Giza to visit the Great Pyramids.  You know, so I can walk like an Egyptian.
3) Tokyo, Japan.   I find it fascinating that such an ultra-modern city mingles with ancient buildings and temples.  I'd also like to visit the mountain regions, as well.
4)  London, England.  I want to Visit Abby Road Studio, where The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Hollies and many other classic bands made there records.  And of course I have to do the Abby Road Walk as well <grin>.  But not just London,  There are many places in the U.K. that are fascinating to see.

Edited by Mortar
  • Brohoof 1

I'd like to visit the U.K. again--England mainly--as I haven't been back home to the country of my birth since 2005. I'd also like to see what Egypt and Japan are like as well.

• Brohoof 1

Do I even have to say it? :dash: JAPAN!!!!! Its like HEAVEN for otaku! Plus I speak the language so that wouldnt be an issue. Also there's this new Cosplay storefront in uptown Tokyo (tbh dont know what district). Its called "GA!" and thats exactly what I said when I saw the stuff they had. Its so amazing. A little expensive I believe... but amazing. Ever since I heard of this place, Ive just had ANOTHER reason to go there :muffins: totally derping out! :pinkie:

Would be awesome to visit some small countries like Sealand 

Also, definitely want to roam through Norway, Australia, France, Germany and maybe Spain on a car and see the landscapes and sights!

• Brohoof 1

• South Africa
  • Botswana
  • Mauritius
  • The Bahamas
Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Twisted Cyclone said:

I wanna visit Australia, the UK, Germany, Japan, Italy, Ireland, and Russia.

On 21/01/2018 at 4:44 AM, SparklingSwirls said:

Well I have quite a lot but here are the ones I'd like to visit the most:

- Spain: It looks beautiful and I'd get to speak Spanish, eat churros all day and party with Lightwing? :maud:

- Sweden/Norway/Denmark: I've always loved Scandinavian languages and food, also there's a lot of nature which would be great to see.

- Italy: So much history, art, and architecture and I've heard great things about it!

- UK: Certainly a lot to see here, especially in England but I would go to Scotland too.

I'd also love to see more of France and Germany - there are a bunch of cool places in those countries that I haven't been to. And I'd like to go back to Canada but to go to Quebec! A bit of France here in North America :ooh: 

Of course this isn't everywhere but I would be here all night :wacko: 

Id recomend going to the scottish highland, she is so pretty (scotland as in nation and platonically pretty so )

• Brohoof 1

On 22/01/2018 at 2:57 PM, Snow Frostflame said:

The way my life is going I'll probably never leave America, but I've always wanted to visit England, and Japan.

You might want to soon... just saying... I don't think trump will think bronies are accesptable and force the US bronies to flee to canada.

I want to (when the technology become possible) Visit Equestria

• Brohoof 1

Let’s see, still on my list:

-Ireland: to visit my extended family for the first time.

-Scotland: Same as above.

-China: Visit the Shaolin Temple, maybe even study there.

-The Philippines: Train my eskrima.

-Brazil (again): Train in Capoeira.

-Japan: Train in a kenjutsu school.

-Israel: Make a pilgrimage to a sacred site.

4 minutes ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

You might want to soon... just saying... I don't think trump will think bronies are accesptable and force the US bronies to flee to canada.

I want to (when the technology become possible) Visit Equestria

There is no “angry disagreement” emote. So I’m just going to leave this. >:(

On 1/20/2018 at 10:16 PM, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

US (only when Trump gets sent out the country and somepony like me would be safe to visit),

You’d be safe now.

• Brohoof 2

United States: Love to go to that great country, it also famous for superheroes, like Superman & Batman. Alot of great stuffs there.

Japan: It's where Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin, Anime, and Babymetal from. It great stuffs there.

Italy: Some great landmarks, interesting history and good foods.

Falkland Island: Nice place and own by Britain.

Canada: Near America also beautiful place

France: Lovely Tower, Disneyland, Eric Cantona (soccer player) and my female friend.

Greece: History

Edited by Adam Burt
  • Brohoof 2