Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Countries You'd Like To Visit?

Nightfall Gloam

22 hours ago, BulkyBright said:

Idk why, but I've always wanted to visit America. 

Do you want to guess why? :ticking:

21 hours ago, PaulBron said:

USA :mellow:____

Why? :mustache:

On 1/9/2019 at 10:39 AM, ThE-DESpEraDo_4 said:

For me, it'd be Canada, Japan, England, and Australia. :mlp_smile:

I've been to Canada but none of those other places, coincidentally I'd also like to visit them.

On 1/8/2019 at 7:20 PM, Odyssey said:

Probably the USA? Looks like there's plenty of landmarks to check out and big cities to visit.

I'd actually recommend you stick to the smaller towns and steer clear of the big cities. Just my advice.

As a person who in general just wants to travel the world one day, I'd like to make it my mission visit as many countries as possible on our wonderfully diverse planet. However, there are a few standouts that I would like to prioritize more than others:

• Scandinavia
  • Hungary
  • New Zealand
  • Japan
  • Vietnam
  • India

I'd also like to try and visit more U.S. cities over time. I suppose I can make a start on that this year by heading to BronyCon. :derp:

• Brohoof 1

On 1/29/2019 at 12:29 AM, Steel Accord said:

Still I just feel the need to point out to anyone visiting my beloved home that there's an entire continent's worth of diverse communities between L.A. and New York, many of them more emblematic of the nation's spirit than either of those prevalent cities.

Well, I know this. I am also often upset when I hear that people talk about germany but actually talking only about Bavaria. But germany is more than bavaria, Lederhosen and Weißbier. We have also a lot of interesting other regions. And to be honest, L.A. is not that interesting for me. Sure, when I am in California, I also would visit this City, but it has not my main interest. And yes, there are also other Cities I want to see and Philadelphia is one of them (anhother for example is Boston). And about the romanticism of New York. Yes, I often hear same thing about Berlin that this CIty is not that spectaculary, but I always want to see it with my own eyes so that I can make an own opinion.

1 hour ago, IronM17 said:

Well, I know this. I am also often upset when I hear that people talk about germany but actually talking only about Bavaria. But germany is more than bavaria, Lederhosen and Weißbier. We have also a lot of interesting other regions. And to be honest, L.A. is not that interesting for me. Sure, when I am in California, I also would visit this City, but it has not my main interest. And yes, there are also other Cities I want to see and Philadelphia is one of them (anhother for example is Boston). And about the romanticism of New York. Yes, I often hear same thing about Berlin that this CIty is not that spectaculary, but I always want to see it with my own eyes so that I can make an own opinion.

Fair enough. I myself want to visit Germany one day. Any recommendations on where’s a nice place?

16 hours ago, Steel Accord said:

Fair enough. I myself want to visit Germany one day. Any recommendations on where’s a nice place?

Well, I can say some which I visited.

First off course my region, the the Rhineland and here in my personal opinion especially the middle rhine between Mainz (Rhineland-Palatinate) and Bonn (North Rhine-Westphalia) with the Rhinish Massif (a mountain range with also a few vulacanos and vulcanic lakes). You have a lot of mountains and in the middle, there is the rhine in a gorge with nice little towns, old castles, interesting rock formations and vineyards. 

Another interesting landscapes in my opinion are: Elbe Sandstone Mountains and Ore Mountain range in saxony, the Alps in southern Bavaria, the Bavarian Forest, Black Forest in Baden-Württemberg, the North Sea with his wadden sea, Rügen on the baltic sea (biggest Island in germany), the Harz in Lower-Saxony and Saxony-Anhalt or the Teutoburg Forest in Lower-Saxony. 

And in my opinion interesting Cities are: Munich, Nuremberg (both bavaria), Freiburg (Black Forest), Cologne (North Rhine-Westphalia, biggest City on the Rhine with the third biggest cathedral in the world), Frankfurt am Main (the only german City with a modern skyline) and my favorite City Bonn (not that big city, but as the former capital city of west germany an important City in the german History and the next big city where I live). 

There are definitelly more interesting regions in germany, but these were the regions I personally find most interesting.

19 hours ago, cpl_dixon said:

Heritage really. My great-grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Germany during the 1910's. Plus, I want to go to the Wacken Open-Air music festival.

Fair enough. I’m also of German descent although I really can’t say from when. While I’m not a music festival guy, my brothers are and they seem like fun.

4 hours ago, IronM17 said:

Well, I can say some which I visited.

First off course my region, the the Rhineland and here in my personal opinion especially the middle rhine between Mainz (Rhineland-Palatinate) and Bonn (North Rhine-Westphalia) with the Rhinish Massif (a mountain range with also a few vulacanos and vulcanic lakes). You have a lot of mountains and in the middle, there is the rhine in a gorge with nice little towns, old castles, interesting rock formations and vineyards. 

Another interesting landscapes in my opinion are: Elbe Sandstone Mountains and Ore Mountain range in saxony, the Alps in southern Bavaria, the Bavarian Forest, Black Forest in Baden-Württemberg, the North Sea with his wadden sea, Rügen on the baltic sea (biggest Island in germany), the Harz in Lower-Saxony and Saxony-Anhalt or the Teutoburg Forest in Lower-Saxony. 

And in my opinion interesting Cities are: Munich, Nuremberg (both bavaria), Freiburg (Black Forest), Cologne (North Rhine-Westphalia, biggest City on the Rhine with the third biggest cathedral in the world), Frankfurt am Main (the only german City with a modern skyline) and my favorite City Bonn (not that big city, but as the former capital city of west germany an important City in the german History and the next big city where I live). 

There are definitelly more interesting regions in germany, but these were the regions I personally find most interesting.

No please. I appreciate your recommendations. I especially now want to pay a visit to Rugen, Cologne Cathedral, and Bonn. I love islands, am Catholic, and love history. Thanks. :)

I can't think of many countries I wouldn't want to visit. But right now, Japan is calling me. I really want to go there and experience it first hand. But I'd have to have a local guide who speaks the language and knows all the customs. I'm a shameless tourist and I just don't think I could do it right without a knowledgeable guide. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I can't think of many countries I wouldn't want to visit. But right now, Japan is calling me. I really want to go there and experience it first hand. But I'd have to have a local guide who speaks the language and knows all the customs. I'm a shameless tourist and I just don't think I could do it right without a knowledgeable guide. 

That's kind of the one big barrier I see when visiting places like Japan or India. The culture and scale of everything that I'd want to see would benefit really well from having someone already familiar with the land and its people. Sure, I could spend a few months researching everything I could find online (and would certainly do so) but there's only so much reading will tell you about another culture's way of life without having actually experienced it for yourself.

According to some of my friends who have gone there, the Japanese are generally quite understanding of tourists, but there's a few bits of etiquette and politeness towards the personal space of others around you that I'd probably never really stop to consider at home.

Too many countries I'd like to visit, man. I'll just list a few of 'em. :mlp_smug:

• Iceland
  • USA
  • Canada
  • Italy
  • Down Under
  • Netherlands
  • South Africa

I'd really like to travel around South America as well, think it'd be quite the adventure, y'know? :)

• Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, SnekEater said:

USA

We'd be glad to have you. Stay away from the big cities if you want to see the real spirit of the nation, just from my perspective.

12 hours ago, SnekEater said:

I'd really like to travel around South America as well, think it'd be quite the adventure, y'know? :)

I took a vacation to Brazil that took us down the Amazon River. Between that and getting to Rio I saw so much. Floating houses, fishing communities, sloths, river dolphins, jaguar, a kidnapping, Christ the Redeemer. So yes, quite an adventure to be had in just one country on that continent.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oh I was hoping to fin a thread like this! 

Japan - Lovely people/culture there despite the xenophobia. Plus, I'm a sucker for "kawaii" stuff. 

France - Such wonderful art and food there! The language is also very beautiful. 

Canada - Ah yes. The weird but kind neighbor to my country.

United Kingdom - Very outspoken and unique people there. I can't get over their cute sense of humor and accents.