Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Legends of Konoha

silvermoon15000

Link to OOC: 

@Drago Ryder @Acnologia

The sounds of kunai clashing and voices calling out Justus filled the air along with the smell of smoke from the burning village hidden in the leaves. A shinobi falls to the ground as an enemy kicks him off. His body bloody, a newly assigned medical ninja runs over to the dying shinobi,

"Hey...hey come on wake up, HELP I NEED HELP OVER HERE," the medical ninja calls out as the shinobi coughs up more blood,

"You trying to get us both killed kid," he says weakly, the ninja places two hands over the dying shinobi a green light covers them as he tries to check the injuries,

"Why...are you doing that, I'm a dead man...don't waste your chakra on a lowly shinobi...you should wait to use it on one of them," he lifts a finger towards a few shinobi, one of them has a staff holding back an enemy wearing white with blades protruding from his forearms.

The medical ninja tries to continue,

"Its pointless...in a few hours I'll be dead,"

An explosion is seen in the distance,

"How do you know that they are stronger that they-"

"Because they will survive...I've seen them fight..."

3 YEARS AGO 

The day the new genin are put into their 4 man teams

Kenzo made his way to Hokage's office, his hands on the back of his head, a smirk forever plastered on his face. His trench coat flew back slightly in the breeze,

"I wonder who I'm gonna be teamed up with, I could care less about the mentor he will only be there to train us, so I really only need to get to know the other two genin," he told himself as he entered the building and realized he was the first there.

Edited by silvermoon15000

As the morning sun breached her window, Yuki gave a light groan and lifted her hand to block the light. Realizing what time it was, the kunochi’s eyes widened as she shoot out of bed and rushed through her morning routine, “That’s right. I’m getting put on a team today.” The thought caused a slight smile to form on her lips, and while she may not be the best fighter, she was going to prove that she wasn’t going to slow her team down. 

Once she was dressed, the teen left her home and made her way to the hokage building. She used the rooftops to avoid the civilians who were getting their shops ready for the day ahead. It didn’t take her long to arrive at her destination and noticed Kenzo. “Is he going to be on my team? He seems nice.” The thought helped her to relax, but she figured that it’d be best to wait until she was called into the hokage’s office.

Ryu was never one to wake early. He didn’t know why, but the serenity of the moon lit night hours seemed more appealing to him, making the teen stay up far longer than he probably should. This caused a few problems during the years he needed to spend at the academy, but he still managed to maintain decent grades by a fair margin.

Having said that, he would be an idiot to sleep in today. After all, he was supposed to be assigned to a team, and there was no way he was missing that, lest he waste more in a place he loathed. If it wasn’t the teachers, it was the civilian brats that thought they could make it as a shinobi with minuscule chakra reserves. He didn’t really care if they died, as it was their choice.

After checking to make sure he was presentable, the teen walked out of his home and headed for the hokage residence. His chokuto hung loosely from his back as he walked through the street. “Teams are typically comprised of members that can build off of each other and cover weaknesses, if those of years past are anything to go off of. This could either be very troublesome or very interesting.”

As soon as Ryu entered the giant building, he took note of the two closest to his age that he could immediately see and felt a slight smile silently spread across his lips. “Good to see that I’m not the only one here. That would’ve been awkward. I’m Ryu, by the way.”

3 hours ago, Drago Ryder said:

Ryu was never one to wake early. He didn’t know why, but the serenity of the moon lit night hours seemed more appealing to him, making the teen stay up far longer than he probably should. This caused a few problems during the years he needed to spend at the academy, but he still managed to maintain decent grades by a fair margin.

Having said that, he would be an idiot to sleep in today. After all, he was supposed to be assigned to a team, and there was no way he was missing that, lest he waste more in a place he loathed. If it wasn’t the teachers, it was the civilian brats that thought they could make it as a shinobi with minuscule chakra reserves. He didn’t really care if they died, as it was their choice.

After checking to make sure he was presentable, the teen walked out of his home and headed for the hokage residence. His chokuto hung loosely from his back as he walked through the street. “Teams are typically comprised of members that can build off of each other and cover weaknesses, if those of years past are anything to go off of. This could either be very troublesome or very interesting.”

As soon as Ryu entered the giant building, he took note of the two closest to his age that he could immediately see and felt a slight smile silently spread across his lips. “Good to see that I’m not the only one here. That would’ve been awkward. I’m Ryu, by the way.”

19 hours ago, Acnologia said:

As the morning sun breached her window, Yuki gave a light groan and lifted her hand to block the light. Realizing what time it was, the kunochi’s eyes widened as she shoot out of bed and rushed through her morning routine, “That’s right. I’m getting put on a team today.” The thought caused a slight smile to form on her lips, and while she may not be the best fighter, she was going to prove that she wasn’t going to slow her team down. 

Once she was dressed, the teen left her home and made her way to the hokage building. She used the rooftops to avoid the civilians who were getting their shops ready for the day ahead. It didn’t take her long to arrive at her destination and noticed Kenzo. “Is he going to be on my team? He seems nice.” The thought helped her to relax, but she figured that it’d be best to wait until she was called into the hokage’s office.

Kenzo looked up at the genin who spoke, his smirk still sitting there, his green eyes observed the two,

"Kenzo Kazuki," he stood up and looked at the girl,

"Yuki, right? I think we had a class together?"

Yuki glanced at the other teen that had entered the room and couldn’t help but notice that they were the only three possible genin that had arrived at the hokage residence so far. After pushing that thought to the back of her mind, she decided to continue the possible conversation that might form between the three. “It’s good to meet you, Ryu. I’ve seen you around the villiage a few times, but you always seemed to have your mind somewhere else. I figured it would have been best to not disturb you.”

After addressing the new arrival, she turned her attention to Kenzo and thought for a moment. A light bulb then lit up in her mind as she finally remembered who he was. “Oh, yeah. I think I remember you. You sat near the front of the class, right?” 

3 hours ago, Acnologia said:

Yuki glanced at the other teen that had entered the room and couldn’t help but notice that they were the only three possible genin that had arrived at the hokage residence so far. After pushing that thought to the back of her mind, she decided to continue the possible conversation that might form between the three. “It’s good to meet you, Ryu. I’ve seen you around the villiage a few times, but you always seemed to have your mind somewhere else. I figured it would have been best to not disturb you.”

After addressing the new arrival, she turned her attention to Kenzo and thought for a moment. A light bulb then lit up in her mind as she finally remembered who he was. “Oh, yeah. I think I remember you. You sat near the front of the class, right?” 

Kenzo winked ans placed a thumb on his chest,

"Yep that's me, I would always crack a joke when the moment got boring," he said with grin.

Ryu raised a brow slightly, not really expecting Yuki to admit that she had seen him. Now that he thought about it, he probably would’ve made a fool of himself if she had actually approached him, so now was a good a time as any. “Yeah. I think I saw you two around the academy as well.” Yeah, that didn’t sound creepy at all. Oh well, it was to late now. “Either way, it’s nice to finally meet the two of you.”

Yuki gave a light nod and felt a bit more comfortable. “Yeah, but I don’t think the teach liked it.” She said, giving a light giggle as a few of those memories played in her head. 

“Either way, who do you think will be in your teams?” The teen wouldn’t mind if Ryu or Kenzo we’re on hers, figuring that she’d be able to support either of them. If anything, she was afraid that she wouldn’t be strong enough to make it past genin. 

10 hours ago, Drago Ryder said:

Ryu raised a brow slightly, not really expecting Yuki to admit that she had seen him. Now that he thought about it, he probably would’ve made a fool of himself if she had actually approached him, so now was a good a time as any. “Yeah. I think I saw you two around the academy as well.” Yeah, that didn’t sound creepy at all. Oh well, it was to late now. “Either way, it’s nice to finally meet the two of you.”

"Nice to meet both of you as well" Kenzo said,

8 hours ago, Acnologia said:

Yuki gave a light nod and felt a bit more comfortable. “Yeah, but I don’t think the teach liked it.” She said, giving a light giggle as a few of those memories played in her head. 

“Either way, who do you think will be in your teams?” The teen wouldn’t mind if Ryu or Kenzo we’re on hers, figuring that she’d be able to support either of them. If anything, she was afraid that she wouldn’t be strong enough to make it past genin. 

"Yeah," Kenzo rubbed the back of his head with a nervous laugh,

"So you three are my new genin!" A voice boomed from above them,

Kenzo looked up to see a shinobi standing on the ceiling,

The shinobi was about 6'4 in height, his body lean and the way he moved reminded Kenzo of a snake. His long blonde hair spiked out everywhere and matched his blue eyes which looked like cat eyes. His outfit was white with black stripes trailing the sleeves and pants. His left shoulder had the headband wrapped around it, in the center of his shirt was a completely black spot. He jumped down from his spot and landed in between the three, the back of his shirt had a bag covering it. He looked at the three of them, a smile on his face,

"You look good enough to be shinobi," his voice had a soft silky tone,

"I'm Yasei Seibutsu, and I am your trainer, Kenzo Kazuki, Ryu Kasai, and Yuki Ryusaki, you are my genin, this-"

The sound of paws on the wood behind Yuki and Ryu indicated an animal was behind them, Kenzo saw the wolf, it was almost as tall as Yuki and was Silver with green eyes,

"-is my partner, Shian,"

Ryu felt his breath hitch slightly at the revelation that he would be on a team with both Yuki and Kenzo. It wasn’t exactly a bad thing, but he had no idea how either of them fought, and the fact that they had just met and would be workong together for a very long time only made the situation playing out in his head much worse than it probably was. 

The genin then decided to distract himself by looking over their sensei, and to be honest, something about him just seemed a bit off. Pushing that to the side, he figured it’d be best to speak first. “I guess that makes sense, considering we’re the only ones here.” He said, though more to himself. 

Yuki was a bit surprised by the appearance of her team’s sensei and was somewhat curious as to what he would be like during training. “This might actualy work out.” The thought caused her to relax slightly, if only slightly. She seemed to get along well enogugh woth the two boys that they might actually be able to work together.

Turning to look at the wolf, the teen was a bit surprised by the size of the creature, appearing to be capable of supporting a person on its back. “Is that a summon?” She had heard about ninjas being able to summon animals from old war stories, but she had never been so close to one.

22 hours ago, Drago Ryder said:

Ryu felt his breath hitch slightly at the revelation that he would be on a team with both Yuki and Kenzo. It wasn’t exactly a bad thing, but he had no idea how either of them fought, and the fact that they had just met and would be workong together for a very long time only made the situation playing out in his head much worse than it probably was. 

The genin then decided to distract himself by looking over their sensei, and to be honest, something about him just seemed a bit off. Pushing that to the side, he figured it’d be best to speak first. “I guess that makes sense, considering we’re the only ones here.” He said, though more to himself. 

Yasei looked at Ryu,

"Actually the reason you 3 are the only ones here is because you are late, should have been here 25 minutes ago,"

22 hours ago, Acnologia said:

Yuki was a bit surprised by the appearance of her team’s sensei and was somewhat curious as to what he would be like during training. “This might actualy work out.” The thought caused her to relax slightly, if only slightly. She seemed to get along well enogugh woth the two boys that they might actually be able to work together.

Turning to look at the wolf, the teen was a bit surprised by the size of the creature, appearing to be capable of supporting a person on its back. “Is that a summon?” She had heard about ninjas being able to summon animals from old war stories, but she had never been so close to one.

he turned his head to the girl,

"No actually we grew up together, he is my brother in a way..."

The wolf gave a little yip as if to say yes.

Kenzo looked at his sensei with excitement,

"You are THE Yasei, the animal ninja, the ninja of a thousand animals," his eyes beamed,

*awesome* he thought to himself.

"Yes well, you three need to follow me, time for your evaluation!" He said before turning and walking away.

Ryu narrowed his eyes at Kenzo as he left and could tell that something wasn’t right. He was sure that team formations would be later on in the day, but he could’ve easily been wrong. “Might as well see where this takes us.” Either way, teen figured that this would be a good way to gauge where his team’s strengths and weaknesses lied, so this could prove beneficial.

Yuki’s eyes widened slightly as the relationship between their sensei and his wolf was somewhat established. “Well, this should be interesting.” The genin then followed the man, curious as to what they would have to do. She figured that it wouldn’t be that hard, considering the fact that they had only just been made shinobi.

@Drago Ryder @Acnologia

When the four shinobi arrived to their destination, a few things stood out,

1. It was a clearing surrounded by the forest

2. There were 3 logs in the center

3. Each log was a different size (one was 5 feet tall, one was 7 feet tall, the last one was 10 feet tall)

Kenzo looked at his sensei,

"So...this is it,"

The older shinobi smiled,

"Yep, your training starts here," he turned to face the three,

"Of course your training can't start until I see what you already know," he looked at each of them,

"Which is why you are going to be facing me and Shian here, we will not go easy on you as the enemy won't either, there are four rules," he held up a finger,

"One, all you have to do is hit me, hitting Shian doesn't count, and you get a point for every hit, 2 points if you make a scratch,"

He held up another,

"Two, you have until night fall to hit me, Justus count,"

He held up a third,

"Three, Every time I hit you, you lose a point, yes you can go into the negatives,"

Held up a fourth,

"Four, whoever gets third place gets the tallest pole, second gets the second tallest, and first gets the shortest, oh and one more thing if you all tie you won't have to worry about the poles, if two of you tie I will decide who gets what pole, got it...good,"

Kenzo opened his mouth to speak,

"BEGIN!" His sensei called out before both he and Shian disappeared into the trees.

"Well...I guess we should start huh," Kenzo said looking at his teammates.

Ryu looked around the clearing as he listened to the standards his new sensei had set. There were quite a few things that certainly raised some red flags, though. For starters, why in Kami’s name were they fighting against a freaking jonin when they had just gotten out of the academy the day prior. There was no way that they would even be able to hit him, and the fact that he had a wolf for a partner didn’t help.

The teen’s thoughts then turned towards their supposed reward when they were finished, if one could even call it that. It was strange that he would simply assign them a pole, though that may have been for ranking purposes.  “I guess he won’t send us back to the academy if we lose.”

That thought alone made his eyes widen as a veritable firestorm ignited within his mind. Glancing at the two other genin in the clearing, he finally noticed that their sensei had left, and Kenzo was talking. “Yeah, but I doubt we’d be able to hit him if we took him on individually. That wolf of his would certainly cause some problems, let alone the fact that he’s had a lot more experiance than all of us combined.”

Yuki glanced at Ryu when he spoke and simply nodded. She knew what he was implying, and the genin couldn’t help but agree. “Honestly, workong as a team is probably the best way to approach something like this. The only problem is that we don’t exactly have a lot going for us in the way of experiance.” The girl then glanced at the two boys. “Either way, we need to come up with a more specific plan. Otherwise, he’d just pick us off one by one.”

2 hours ago, Drago Ryder said:

Ryu looked around the clearing as he listened to the standards his new sensei had set. There were quite a few things that certainly raised some red flags, though. For starters, why in Kami’s name were they fighting against a freaking jonin when they had just gotten out of the academy the day prior. There was no way that they would even be able to hit him, and the fact that he had a wolf for a partner didn’t help.

The teen’s thoughts then turned towards their supposed reward when they were finished, if one could even call it that. It was strange that he would simply assign them a pole, though that may have been for ranking purposes.  “I guess he won’t send us back to the academy if we lose.”

That thought alone made his eyes widen as a veritable firestorm ignited within his mind. Glancing at the two other genin in the clearing, he finally noticed that their sensei had left, and Kenzo was talking. “Yeah, but I doubt we’d be able to hit him if we took him on individually. That wolf of his would certainly cause some problems, let alone the fact that he’s had a lot more experiance than all of us combined.”

2 hours ago, Acnologia said:

Yuki glanced at Ryu when he spoke and simply nodded. She knew what he was implying, and the genin couldn’t help but agree. “Honestly, workong as a team is probably the best way to approach something like this. The only problem is that we don’t exactly have a lot going for us in the way of experiance.” The girl then glanced at the two boys. “Either way, we need to come up with a more specific plan. Otherwise, he’d just pick us off one by one.”

Kenzo agreed,

"Yeah, I think we really need to worry about all of nature, he can summon animals as well, but he didn't specify any of that...hmmm if we stick together in a formation we might be able to see him coming at all angles, but I don't know, either way we need to either tie or not get hit at all but we will most definitely get hit...hmmmm,"

Yasei smirked from a close by tree, these three would for sure not have to worry about hating each other, but he also knew about them. Shian growled beside him,

"I know, these three might be able to hit me so, better get moving," he told his companion who ran off in a different direction,

"Now lets test them," he himself ran towards the three and threw 6 kunai at them.

Kenzo turned and jumped in front of his 2 teammates. He pulled his staff out of its place and formed it into a shield, the kunai bounced off in rapid succession. What Kenzo didn't realize was the wolf sneaking up behind them.

Ryu’s kind went on high alert as the sound of kuni striking metal echoed through the air. “Just to help make a more effective plan, I know how to use my sword and a few jutsu that the academy didn’t teach us.” The last thing he wanted was to be weak, especially when it could lead to the death of both himself and his teammates. 

The genin then turned to so that his back was at an even sixty degrees to Kenzo, which essentially put him face to face with Shian. Silver metal reflected the afternoon sun as he drew his weapon and took a wide stance. “I can distract the pup, if you two can handle the bigger fish.” He whispered. 

Yuki finished the formation by turning to fill the remaining sixty degrees of their mock circle with her body. “Aside from the academy basics, I know a few suiton and genjutsu.” The jutsu themselves weren’t exactly high level, but she hoped it would be enough to help. 

As for Ryu’s other statement, she couldn’t help but be a bit worried for him. “Didn’t you say it would be best to not split up? I’m sure we could figure out a better plan.”

10 hours ago, Acnologia said:

Yuki finished the formation by turning to fill the remaining sixty degrees of their mock circle with her body. “Aside from the academy basics, I know a few suiton and genjutsu.” The jutsu themselves weren’t exactly high level, but she hoped it would be enough to help. 

As for Ryu’s other statement, she couldn’t help but be a bit worried for him. “Didn’t you say it would be best to not split up? I’m sure we could figure out a better plan.”

11 hours ago, Drago Ryder said:

Ryu’s kind went on high alert as the sound of kuni striking metal echoed through the air. “Just to help make a more effective plan, I know how to use my sword and a few jutsu that the academy didn’t teach us.” The last thing he wanted was to be weak, especially when it could lead to the death of both himself and his teammates. 

The genin then turned to so that his back was at an even sixty degrees to Kenzo, which essentially put him face to face with Shian. Silver metal reflected the afternoon sun as he drew his weapon and took a wide stance. “I can distract the pup, if you two can handle the bigger fish.” He whispered. 

Kenzo looked behind him,

"Yuki's right, its a two v three, but a jonin is like six of us, so we are out matched, the best thing to do would be..." He fell silent and his face turned white,

His kekkei genkai picked up a slight movement in the wolf's eyes one that was looking down at Ryu's feet,

"Ryu! Yuki! Jump!" He peeked around the shield, Yasei was still throwing kunai, but, it was a continuous movement, a distraction, a shadow clone.

Kenzo knew that the minute those two jumped the wolf would come after him, he could only hope that Ryu or Yuki, would either save him or he would take one for the team.

Ryu simply gave a light smirk at his teammates words. That was the final nail in the proverbial coffin for any doubts he might’ve had for this team. Now, he just needed to support them so they could all grow strong together. “Right. I don’t know what I was thinking.”

Kenzo’s words reached his ears a few seconds later, and while it was strange for such a command to be given, he didn’t question it. Instead, he decided that it would be best to protect his only ally on the ground. Shortly after grabbing Yuki by the waist with both hands, he threw the girl into the air and in the general direction of Kenzo. “Sorry about that,”

Yuki’s eyes widened when she felt a sudden force drive her upwards, and the fact that Ryu was the only one still on the ground still on the ground gave her an idea of what might’ve caused her impromptu ascent, even if she could’ve most likely done such a feat on her own. “Ryu, what are you planning?” The thought made her somewhat worried for her teammate.

8 hours ago, Drago Ryder said:

Ryu simply gave a light smirk at his teammates words. That was the final nail in the proverbial coffin for any doubts he might’ve had for this team. Now, he just needed to support them so they could all grow strong together. “Right. I don’t know what I was thinking.”

Kenzo’s words reached his ears a few seconds later, and while it was strange for such a command to be given, he didn’t question it. Instead, he decided that it would be best to protect his only ally on the ground. Shortly after grabbing Yuki by the waist with both hands, he threw the girl into the air and in the general direction of Kenzo. “Sorry about that,”

5 hours ago, Acnologia said:

Yuki’s eyes widened when she felt a sudden force drive her upwards, and the fact that Ryu was the only one still on the ground still on the ground gave her an idea of what might’ve caused her impromptu ascent, even if she could’ve most likely done such a feat on her own. “Ryu, what are you planning?” The thought made her somewhat worried for her teammate.

Kenzo watched in horror as Ryu stood his ground...he was about to call out again when two hands appeared from the ground and reached for his teammates ankles.

Yasei smiled underneath the ground,

'Gotcha' he thought.

The kunai stopped flying and the wolf ran straight towards Yuki,

Kenzo pulled his shield just in time to see a sprinting shadow clone coming towards him. He activated his kekkei genkai again, the next move would be an over head strike.

He lifted his staff up as a hand came down on top of it. Kenzo and the clone stared at each other before Kenzo saw the next move and sweeping kick. He jumped into the air and lifted his staff letting a point for at the tips he thrust it down on top of the clone which disappeared into thin air, destroyed.

He turned to the wolf which was engaged in combat with Yuki.

Ryu looked down to see his sensei’s hand around his leg, and he got a lot shorter when he was pulled down to the point where his head was sticking out of the ground. “You have got to be kidding.” To be honest, he only had himself to blame for not reacting fast enough. Right now, he needed to find a way out of the hole he was in.