Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unwanted spoiler in post

ggg-2

For how long does that happen?

Does that message appear at the bottom of the editor right after clicking to reply?
ZmjnERk.png

The editor automatically saves your contents from time to time for backup purposes. However, it not always works like we'd like it to work. :twi: 
Normally, it should clear its memory after successfully submitting a post, but sometimes it tends to get stuck constantly throwing the backup at you.

You also mentioned, that it happens sometimes. That also may suggest, that the backup is the case, as the editor saves the drafts separately for each thread. -- which would make that spoiler in question appear only in specific threads.

I think it should fix itself after some time, possibly after some hours, or even days.
You can also try to clean your browser cookies, that should get rid of the drafts.

I actually had a similar problem just now - I've had a draft in the boop thread, that got stuck, so whenever I wanted to reply, there was a wall of text right at the start, that I had to remove first. It didn't matter, that I've successfully submitted few replies - it still was throwing the same post from the past at me.

Of course I may be wrong, but that's the first thing that came to my mind, judging by the information you've provided.
Hope that helps! :) 

• Brohoof 3

Adding to what @Rikifive said, the previous text typed in the same thread will sometimes show up in the editor when you are on mobile and reorient your phone from portrait to landscape. Happens more in status updates though. 

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Ponizen said:

How are your answers related to his question?

They both explain how an unintentional spoiler block would show up in the text editor. Both of us have experience in development, so we pointed out one likely reason is that it's an unintended consequence of the editor and browser remembering previous post formatting and data. 

• The topic was locked