Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Eternal Night

nx9100

@Star48955, @Maple Bat, @Techno Universal, @WiiGuy2014, @dosey doe

OOC

"I really can't thank you enough, Princess," the blue pony said with a grin from across his desk.  "This diplomatic trip to Saddle Arabia is the perfect opportunity to convince them of all the good that open trade with Equestria can do for both our lands.  Celestia was wise to choose you and your friends for this mission."

Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship, stood on the other side of the desk, scratching her chin.  "I'm still not sure why she wants all of us to go.  It did seem a bit unusual..."

He waved away her concerns.  "It's simple.  Miss Rarity is familiar with the latest trends in Equestria, Sweet Apple Acres can offer some of the best food, and your party-planner friend will be perfect for entertaining them.  Having a member of the Wonderbolts will show them the importance we place on this mission."

"What about Fluttershy?" the princess asked.  "What is she supposed to do?"

"She will show the Saddle Arabians the kind and gentler side of Equestria, of course," he replied.  "Not to mention that your entire group also happens to be the Elements of Harmony.  The prestige will more than dazzle your hosts."

"I guess so," she agreed.  "And if Celestia thinks we can do it, then I guess we'll just have to prove her faith in us!" 

"That's the spirit!" he smiled.  "Now, I've got a caravan loaded and ready to go, waiting for you and your friends outside.  Good luck Princess!"  He stood and bowed, as she turned and trotted out of the office.  As the door closed behind her, he allowed a wicked smirk to cross his face.  "Enjoy your trip....'princess'.  Equestria will be in good hooves....."

A hidden door to his office slid open, revealing a large, black-clad stallion waiting there.  The blue pony shifted his glasses and turned to him.  "Once the princess's party has left the city, make preparations to receive our guest.  And make sure nopony sees him arrive."  The stallion nodded, and melted back into the shadows of the hidden passageway, door sliding shut behind him.  With a sigh, the blue pony relaxed in his seat.  "Organizing a coup is such tiring work...."

Edited by nx9100
  • Brohoof 1

Woody had known his mother, Fluttershy, Was going to head to Saddle Arabia. He figured he'd have one last chat before she left. "Make sure you search for Maple while you're there... I know you have to do diplomatic stuff but she's just... been gone for far too long. I... I know you said she's going to be ok. But... I'm starting to fear the worst for her..." Woody was trying to be strong but it was slipping from him. "I'll... Keep an eye out for her here." With that, Woody waved Fluttershy off and he took to the skies, heading home for now. His father was probably sneaking along with Fluttershy to keep her safe... that or he was much too busy with... whatever he does in canterlot. So the young draconequus was home alone...

• Brohoof 2

@nx9100

Techno was in Twilight’s castle as he was doing a few things for Twilight earlier that day that was also a part of his research in magic. The young alicorn was a young adult but he still had no idea of what his full powers were. When Twillight left Techno was in the throne room rolling around in his massive cape playfully and making all sorts of strange noises...

Edited by Techno Universal
  • Brohoof 1

With Twilight gone on a diplomatic mission, Unicorn Will Guide and his Changeling soul mate of the same name more or less had The Friendship Castle to themselves. They rented out a room mostly out of Friendship with Twilight, though on a less important note, though they would pull their weight in keeping things tidy while the Mane 6 were out on business like this.

U. Will summoned up a Magic Hand, uh hoof Mirror to show the other soul deep in the back seat of the "carriage" that is their body.

U. Will smiled at his Changeling. "So C. Now that Twilight's gone for several days, What are we going to do?"

The black Changeling inside the mirror smiled back. "I don't know, U. Will. What do you want to do?"

They thought for a while. Outside of the Mane 6, Spike, and several other important ponies, The Wills didn't have that many friends. Except for maybe one they made recently:

"Woody?" Both Wills asked. "Son of Discord and Fluttershy?"

"Agreed. Let's go!" The Wills said. 

With U. Will "driving" and his Changeling watching through the eyes of his Unicorn host, they headed on their way to Fluttershy's cottage where Woody would be.

@Techno Universal

Before Will left to find Woody, he ran into Techno, an acquaintance of his. "Hey, Techno. I'm heading out now to see if I can find Woody. Anything you want to say before I go?"

Edited by WiiGuy2014
Techno.

8 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

With Twilight gone on a diplomatic mission, Unicorn Will Guide and his Changeling soul mate of the same name more or less had The Friendship Castle to themselves. They rented out a room mostly out of Friendship with Twilight, though on a less important note, though they would pull their weight in keeping things tidy while the Mane 6 were out on business like this.

U. Will summoned up a Magic Hand, uh hoof Mirror to show the other soul deep in the back seat of the "carriage" that is their body.

U. Will smiled at his Changeling. "So C. Now that Twilight's gone for several days, What are we going to do?"

The black Changeling inside the mirror smiled back. "I don't know, U. Will. What do you want to do?"

They thought for a while. Outside of the Mane 6, Spike, and several other important ponies, The Wills didn't have that many friends. Except for maybe one they made recently:

With U. Will "driving" and his Changeling watching through the eyes of his Unicorn host, they headed on their way to Fluttershy's cottage where Woody would be.

@Techno Universal

Before Will left to find Woody, he ran into Techno, an acquaintance of his. "Hey, Techno. I'm heading out now to see if I can find Woody. Anything you want to say before I go?"

TU: Well I think you would love this Will!

Techno then spawned a massive cape on Will and it was blue with a red boarder outline on it plus it had his cutie mark printed on it...

TU: I believe that’s something you could show to Woody when you find him!

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

@Techno Universal

When Will got to the cottage it was locked, As expected. Woody could be seen moving inside so the wills knew he was in the house. There was only the light of Woody's magic and a candle. Soft singing could be heard too. Woody had felt the Wills approach since he was focusing on a new detection spell hoping to help find Maple. He opened the door for the Wills before they knocked "Ah! Will and Will! It's good to see you two!" Woody's eyes looked like they were searching around, looking behind will and his mane looked more messy than usual. "Come in, Come in." He moved the door aside.

Inside the cottage, there was a well-lit wall covered with papers and a lot of them with underlining and red circles. On the wall was mostly cases of missing ponies, strange sighting and stuff of the like. "Don't mind my work as you saw it last time... Nothing new up there today. I'm sad to say... Tea?" At this point it was hard for Woody to convince Ponies he was still sane... He sat on the sofa and poured himself some tea "Officially Maple's still MiA but I think She's somewhere near rainbow falls... That's close to where her last engagement was... I mean it was below canterlot... but it's been long enough for her to make it there."

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

@Maple Bat, @dosey doe

He stood on the rooftop observing the city below, as the pegasas ponies that had pulled the pair of wagons through the sky were busy unloading luggage.  The wind on top of the skyscraper was much stronger than at street level, and it blew against the ends of his cloak.  Not normally one to keep hidden, his caretakers had insisted on it.  'To keep the population calm', they had said, 'until the time was right'.  He snorted.  There was no better time.  He was ready do complete his mission.  Nopony in this overblown city could do anything to stop him, so why hide?  Why not go straight to Canterlot itself?  

A glance at the roof under his hooves reminded him of the answer.  A pony called Ennex was a powerful businesspony, and leader of the city's criminal underground, was a strong supporter of the Adepts.  It was he who had suggested a more....quiet arrival into Equestria instead of storming right up to the castle and calling the sun-witch out.  He must have strong reasons, and Nova was determined to hear them.

Finally, he turned back from the tower's edge to face the two Adepts who had accompanied him, ready to head inside the building...

Wish trotted down Ponyville's main street, toward the fountain in the center of town, singing.

"summer wrap up, summer wrap up!"

Grass and flowers grew in her hoofsteps, amid magical sparkles. She greeted ponies as she enjoyed her morning trot. She was making her way to the market.

====

Force closely supervised the unloading of their belongings.

"Careful with those, you foals, or it's your life!"

When they were finished, she addressed Nova.

"My Lord, my scrying shows nopony following, and I have detected no attempts to scry upon any of us. We stand ready. How shall we serve?"

Edited by dosey doe
  • Brohoof 1

Moon's eyes opened slowly, groaning as she did. Bleary-eyed, she peered at her back. She let out a frustrated sigh before trying to stand up. She managed it, but stumbled before catching herself. She reached out a black hoof and leaned on the stone wall for balance as she looked at her surroundings.

@Maple Bat

Will wearily stepped into the Cottage, sensing Woody's uneasiness. "You definitely need a cup of tea yourself, my friend." When Woody mentioned Maple's name, Will pat the young Dragoneques on the back. "Don't worry. I might not have met Maple before, but I bet she's a tough one and is alive out there somewhere." He sat down across from Woody with his Changeling watching through the mirror. 

"Come on, Woody" The Changeling said. "Isn't there anything we can do to help you find her?"

@nx9100

Maple carefully watched Nova from where she was, with him, She was his noble servant. Doing whatever was asked of her in the name of bringing Nightmare moon back. Ever since joining She'd kept her mane back in a warrior's ponytail, the scar she got from her fight with tantabus clearly seen. She wore much lighter armor and not the night guard kind she was used to wearing either... for that would make her too recognizable. She looked to Nova before speaking to Force"The sympathiser said to lay low." Maple told her calmly also assuring that Nova knew as. "It's best we listen to him... At least for now.

-------------------------------------------------------------

@WiiGuy2014

Woody took a drink of the tea he'd made. "Well... tomorrow the guard declares her dead... but that's not important. I know she's Alive." Woody took a deep breath and set the cup he was drinking down. " You two have been doing your best... You've kept your eyes open for her and I'm not prepared to ask you to leave ponyville to look for her. I know she'll turn up... When? I have no idea." Woody then added some sugar to his tea and drank it again. "Ahh... Better. "

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Maple Bat @dosey doe

Nova turned to Maple, looking slightly down at her as he stood almost a head taller.  "As much as I hate to admit it, there is logic to his demand.  Very well."  He led them over to an open doorway and the large elevator waiting beyond.  A black-clad stallion stood just outside of it, gesturing them inside.  "My Master is expecting you," he said in a deep accented voice.  Nova nodded, and led his companions inside.  The doors slid shut and the elevator started moving down.  He looked around, a bit surprised as having never been in such a thing before, only having read about them.  After a few moments they came to a halt and the doors slip open once again, this time revealing a blue pony with black glasses waiting.

"Ah, Lord Nova," he said with a bow, voice firm but full of authority, "Welcome to my humble abode.  My name is Ennex, and I will be managing your activities while in Equestria."

"Why am I here, and not heading to Canterlot?" Nova demanded.  "How can I confront the sun-witch* from within this tower of yours?"

"Patience, my Lord," he replied.  "Patience.  Wheels have been set in motion, pawns are finding their final positions.  The game board is still being arranged, and until we are ready to declare 'checkmate', any attempt at challenging Celestia could still be defeated.  Even now I am working to solidify our position."  A mare entered the room and came to whisper something in Ennex's ear.  He nodded, and with a glance of fright at Nova she left.  "If you will excuse me," he said to Nova, "I have a small matter to attend to."  He waved a hoof around.  "Feel free to use my apartments as your home for the time being.  I trust you and your companions" nodding at Maple and Force "will be comfortable.  The staff is at your command."  And with another small bow, he turned and left the room.

Nova frowned as the doors closed behind their host.  He was impatient, and wanted to challenge Celestia NOW!  But the Elder Adepts held Ennex in high regard, so with a deep sigh decided to trust in their judgement.  At least, for now....

(*sun-witch is an insult Nova's group uses for Celestia)

Edited by nx9100
  • Brohoof 1

"So, our allies will not tell us their plans?" Force asked rhetorically. "Well, whatever. If they betray you they will be destroyed. I shall go and inspect my quarters. As always, I will know instantly if you have need of me."

Before leaving, she refreshed the enchantment that allowed her to teleport to Nova's side. She floated her luggage down the hall with her.

@nx9100

Maple bowed to Force off as she left turning to face Nova, The pony she served. "I'm sure this pony's plans will prove worth the wait my liege. I'm sure they are not playing us." Maple spoke lightly trying to show respect to Nova. She knew he could be a bit... explosive since he's being forced to wait. "Is there any way I could possibly help you pass time? If not then I will dismiss myself, sir.

@Maple Bat, @dosey doe

Nova stood firm for a few moments, before coming to a decision and turning to Maple.  "Go ahead and entertain yourself," he told her.  "I will retire to my chamber and meditate."  With a nod, he headed down the hall into a large bedroom....

-----------------------

Several floors below, Ennex stepped up to a door being guarded by two strong looking stallions.  One reached to push the door open, revealing a windowless room with a simple metal desk and two chairs.  As he entered, he watched the mare sitting in one chair, trying to read her features under her purple cloak and grey hat, her red glasses turning to watch him enter.  "Ah, Miss Yearling," he began, "welcome back.  I trust you have received my request?"

"I don't work for hire," she told him.  "I work to preserve artifacts for-"

"Yes yes," he cut her off with a wave.  "But surely you can make exceptions.  How much in dept to that publisher are you again?" he asked with a grin.

She snorted.  "How do you know about that?"

"The benefits of being the supplier of printing materials to said publisher," he told her matter-of-factually.  "In fact, I could arrange for any said dept to be cleared.  In exchange for a small favor...."

She sighed.  "Fine.  I'll get that moon rock for you.  But then we're even!"

Ennex smiled.  "Splendid!  I'll have my.... associates, show you out then."  He tapped the table, and the two guards came in to lead her out of the building.  Ennex chuckled to himself.  It was all coming together nicely....

Moon sighed. She was in dark stone cave...and other than that didn't really know where she was. She growled under her breath. "Damn him to Tartarus. Just left me, with no idea where we are. Moon above, I was stupid." She arched her back as she stretched, before peering at the cave entrance. Huh...maybe I should try leaving. Its not as if staying here will do anything.

Within her room, Force muttered an incantation.

"I scry, with my little eyes..."

She conjured several groups of invisible scrying sensors.

"You lot, cover the doors. You, the windows. You, the roof. Rest of you, the perimeter. Sound no alarms. Maintain a log of every entry or exit event. I want full recordings. Search on heat, light, motion, sound, carbon dioxide, water vapor, air currents, magic auras. Monitor the physical, astral, and ethereal planes."

Before letting them go, she enchanted them with true sight.

On her room, she cast a dimensional lock (keyed to herself, such that no one would be able to teleport in, but she could still travel extra-dimensionally as she pleased), alarm (again attuned to her), non-detection, misdirection, false vision, detect scrying, and scry trap. On herself, mind blank.

Then she unpacked.

Finally, she sent a message spell to Nova.

My quarters are secured. What are your commands?

Edited by dosey doe

@WiiGuy2014

"I've got an idea. Can you use your magic to project an image? If so... maybe you ask around ponyville. Or manehatten... try to find her..." Woody started to lose composure again but he took a deep breath and a drank some of his tea " B-But... Avoid telling any of the royal guards... they'll just dismiss it and be useless as always... If you know anyone who might be able to help PLEASE send them here so I can fill them in on this. I know she's alive. I just... wish I knew where..." Woody set the tea down and let out a long sigh as he stared at the floorboards slowly starting to lose hope.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maple found her vacant room and did as she usually did when she had time, she took out her spear and set up a training dummy. She stretched before she started her small training session, this time it was more to kill time than to improve. She struck it 4 times in rapid succession each strike in what would be vital points on a pony that would be facing her. It wasn't really accurate... a pony would try to dodge or block... but her strikes were fast so it would be hard unless the pony she faced was being careful. She stared at it and thought about it... that would be a pony soon... possible one she served with before... as she looked into her spears head, she thought. It was worth it to see Luna put into the position of power she deserved.

4 hours ago, Maple Bat said:

@WiiGuy2014

"I've got an idea. Can you use your magic to project an image? If so... maybe you ask around ponyville. Or manehatten... try to find her..." Woody started to lose composure again but he took a deep breath and a drank some of his tea " B-But... Avoid telling any of the royal guards... they'll just dismiss it and be useless as always... If you know anyone who might be able to help PLEASE send them here so I can fill them in on this. I know she's alive. I just... wish I knew where..." Woody set the tea down and let out a long sigh as he stared at the floorboards slowly starting to lose hope.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Project an image?" Changeling Will asked in confusion. "What, you want to use my shape-shifting abilities in some way?"

Unicorn Will sensed Woody's hopelessness and switched out. He used the Cape Techno gave him to wrap Woody up in a calming hug. "Don't lose hope, Woody. She's out there and we're going to find her" He said with a smile.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
Use Techno's cape for calming hug

@WiiGuy2014

Woody accepted the hug and embraced Will in return he then moved away to talk to Will about what kind of magic he was talking about before hoof "You know... Let me show you," Woody started to hum a light tune and he held out a paw, in his paw, there was a small pony that looked projected it was somewhat see through but you could make out features, the smaller the detail the harder it was to see. The mare was yellow, and she also had vampire-like features, Will could easily compare that image to pictures that were around the house and he knew the pony in the projection was the pony Woody was looking for. "Like this... It's not a high-level spell but it's not a low level... I could probably find a book on it if you need to learn it... or I could just draw a picture of her and you take that?" Looking at the projecting he made of Maple wasn't exactly helping his current mood. Woody wondered about the cape but didn't ask about it... Will would need to focus on the spell he just exampled for him.

Just now, Maple Bat said:

@WiiGuy2014

Woody accepted the hug and embraced Will in return he then moved away to talk to Will about what kind of magic he was talking about before hoof "You know... Let me show you," Woody started to hum a light tune and he held out a paw, in his paw, there was a small pony that looked projected it was somewhat see through but you could make out features, the smaller the detail the harder it was to see. The mare was yellow, and she also had vampire-like features, Will could easily compare that image to pictures that were around the house and he knew the pony in the projection was the pony Woody was looking for. "Like this... It's not a high-level spell but it's not a low level... I could probably find a book on it if you need to learn it... or I could just draw a picture of her and you take that?" Looking at the projecting he made of Maple wasn't exactly helping his current mood. Woody wondered about the cape but didn't ask about it... Will would need to focus on the spell he just exampled for him.

"You want me to show that image around town asking ponies if they've seen her? Yeah, I suppose I could" Will said. "Where's the book?"

@WiiGuy2014

With a hopeful smile, woody's horns started to glow and a book flew into his paw, Levitation was one of few spells he didn't need to sing to use. He opened the book and flipped through it, the Book was one of Woody's obviously, it had a lot of his writing in it to remember what various magic did, and staffs for music with notes were found on the pages too. He stopped on a page he had written on, he simplified the instructions since they were much more complex. In Woody's paw writing it said Ignore book, Just take and image in you mind and use your magic to push the image out of your head then it will be a projection until you put it back but it can't "Detach" From you. The process seemed simple... even to a point where a filly could figure it out but the draconequus knew what he was talking about... The only question was if Will was magically inclined enough to do it.

11 minutes ago, Maple Bat said:

@WiiGuy2014

With a hopeful smile, woody's horns started to glow and a book flew into his paw, Levitation was one of few spells he didn't need to sing to use. He opened the book and flipped through it, the Book was one of Woody's obviously, it had a lot of his writing in it to remember what various magic did, and staffs for music with notes were found on the pages too. He stopped on a page he had written on, he simplified the instructions since they were much more complex. In Woody's paw writing it said Ignore book, Just take and image in you mind and use your magic to push the image out of your head then it will be a projection until you put it back but it can't "Detach" From you. The process seemed simple... even to a point where a filly could figure it out but the draconequus knew what he was talking about... The only question was if Will was magically inclined enough to do it.

Will successfully performed the spell as Maple's holographic image appeared before him. As he "put away" the image, he turned to Woody and asked, "Remind me: How accepting are the average Ponies of Bat Ponies, Dragonequs, and Changelings?"

2 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Will successfully performed the spell as Maple's holographic image appeared before him. As he "put away" the image, he turned to Woody and asked, "Remind me: How accepting are the average Ponies of Bat Ponies, Dragonequs, and Changelings?"

Woody contemplated it for a while "Generally bat ponies are accepted minus some radical ponies. Changelings... well it depends on the pony, if they have a sour taste for them then maybe not... Me and dad? Well... I'm not too sure, no one says much about it but we get... strange looks. Other than that nothing really. You and C. Will should have no trouble finding ponys that will care enough to help me out... If you find any, and I mean Anypony who will help I mean it... Send them here and I'll fill them in. P-Promise you can do this for me?" Woody looked at him, Will could see he was desprate... why he didn't want to leave himself was his buisness. The only thing was... would the wills help?

4 hours ago, Maple Bat said:

Woody contemplated it for a while "Generally bat ponies are accepted minus some radical ponies. Changelings... well it depends on the pony, if they have a sour taste for them then maybe not... Me and dad? Well... I'm not too sure, no one says much about it but we get... strange looks. Other than that nothing really. You and C. Will should have no trouble finding ponys that will care enough to help me out... If you find any, and I mean Anypony who will help I mean it... Send them here and I'll fill them in. P-Promise you can do this for me?" Woody looked at him, Will could see he was desprate... why he didn't want to leave himself was his buisness. The only thing was... would the wills help?

"Of course we will." U. Will said.

Before they would leave, C. Will came to ask Woody, "You know, being a shapeshifter, can't I just walk up to a bystander, shape-shift into the likeness of Maple Bat and ask 'Have you seen this pony?' I want to put my abilities to good use."