Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Eternal Night

nx9100

@Maple Bat @dosey doe

He floated among the whisps of air, nothing around him but emptiness.  Concentrating, a world slowly formed around him, and he found himself hovering just below the clouds.  "What is this place?" he asked, looking around at the rolling hills and forests.  A mountain was just off to one side, a castle built into its side.  And below it, almost at his hooves...

...a village.

His eyes narrowed as he floated towards the simple hoof-built structures.  "Why show me this place?" he questioned.  "I must see her.  I must see the castle, not some quaint little town!"  But he continued to float downwards into the village... and he watched as a chariot carrying Princess Celestia came down from her castle to land in the square.  Six ponies came out to greet her, including one he was told was the Princess of Friendship.  Then Celestia returned to her chariot and flew back to her castle.  The sky filled with light....

And Nova opened his eyes.

He had been trying to meditate, to focus on Celestia and Luna.  But all he got was the same vision as he had the past several days.  Each time he saw that town, something would happen, and Celestia would appear...and leave just as suddenly.  What did it mean?

"Wait," he muttered, thinking.  "Each time, she comes.  Each time something happens there, she comes down.  That town must be important to her for some reason."  He started pacing, trying to decide what to do.  "I can't reveal myself too soon... but..." he stopped, and a grin crossed his face.  "Force Magnitude!  Come to me!" he called, knowing she would hear either his voice or his thoughts.  "I have an errand for you!"

The green horse appeared before him instantly, in a flash of magic light, along with some spooky blue vapor for dramatic affect. It was of course illusory, and would not cause coughing or irritation. She was already bowing.

"Your will, Lord?"

Nova turned to Force.  "I have been seeing visions of a small town near the mountain where the sun-witch lives."  He started pacing again.  "It seams that whenever the town falls to crisis, she appears to restore order, or some such."  He stopped pacing and faced her.  "I am not familiar with this town.  Do you have any knowledge?"

@WiiGuy2014

Woody thought about it for a second " C-Could you turn into her now? I... I want to make sure you know exactly what she looks. " Woody said that... but he really just wanted to See Maple again, even if it was a changeling just looking like her. He wished to remind himself of who he was looking for. "In my little projection I ddin't capture all the details... But with your changeling powers... you can!"

3 minutes ago, Maple Bat said:

@WiiGuy2014

Woody thought about it for a second " C-Could you turn into her now? I... I want to make sure you know exactly what she looks. " Woody said that... but he really just wanted to See Maple again, even if it was a changeling just looking like her. He wished to remind himself of who he was looking for. "In my little projection I ddin't capture all the details... But with your changeling powers... you can!"

"I can look like her" C. Will transformed to look like her. "But do you have anything that can tell me what her voice sounds like?" He said in his natural voice. "That would really help."

"Ponyville?" Force asked reflexively as she rose from her bow.

"I know a little, Lord. I brought a guide to Equestria with me, which I familiarized myself with during our journey here. It is just to the southwest of Canterlot, making it roughly a day and a half's trip by train from here, and there is a station in this city. It is a small town, mostly agricultural, a few craftsponies and artists. Largely unremarkable, although they are well-known for their apple-based pastries."

After a pause, "I believe Maple mentioned that town before. She may know more than I."

Edited by dosey doe

44 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

"I can look like her" C. Will transformed to look like her. "But do you have anything that can tell me what her voice sounds like?" He said in his natural voice. "That would really help."

" Well... I think I can do that..." Tears welled up for woody but he wiped them away and touched his throat with his paw and magic went into it. "She sounds like this... I'll never forget this voice." The voice was light, had a motherly but authoritative tone to it. It was as if when she asked to do something she was telling you to... but in the nicest way possible letting you still feel like you can say no to her. Woody stopped his magic " It's... very therapeutic for me to see her... Thank you, Wills."

15 minutes ago, Maple Bat said:

" Well... I think I can do that..." Tears welled up for woody but he wiped them away and touched his throat with his paw and magic went into it. "She sounds like this... I'll never forget this voice." The voice was light, had a motherly but authoritative tone to it. It was as if when she asked to do something she was telling you to... but in the nicest way possible letting you still feel like you can say no to her. Woody stopped his magic " It's... very therapeutic for me to see her... Thank you, Wills."

In Maple's appearance and voice, C. Will approached Woody and gave him a hug as he said in her voice, "Don't worry, Woody. You'll see me again. The Wills shall find me, no matter what it takes."

@dosey doe @Maple Bat

"Very well, then we shall ask her," Nova replied, and headed straight for the door, opening it with his magic.  A few moments later he opened the door to her room.  He didn't knock, as Nova had a bit of an arrogant streak in him.  He was just used to getting his own way, as the Adepts had rather spoiled him as they raised him and taught him dark magic.  

"Maple," he said, "I understand that you have information about a town called, Ponyville...."

@WiiGuy2014

Woody started to cry with a smile "T-Thank you both... I'll try to calm down before you end up finding anypony to help me... W-When it's over I'll give you two anything... Anything I can. I owe you both so much already I just... " Woody hugged Will, who was still Maple "Thank you both... I can't say that enough, Thank you..."

-----------------------------------------------------

@nx9100

When Nova had entered Maple had just bucked the dummy she was using, sending it flying to the other side of the room. She smiled at her own strength the smile she had quickly faded as she realized Nova was standing at the door and she quickly knelt into a bow putting a hoof across her chest and spoke "I used to live in ponyville, My Liege. What exactly would you like to know about my hometown?" Maple asked him so she could be as detailed as Nova saw fit.

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Maple Bat @dosey doe

"I have had visions," Nova told Maple, "and I see Celestia going there.  Tell me, does she appear there often?  Is the town of some importance to her?"  He started to slowly pace around her room.  "If something were to happen there.....would it draw her out?"

Edited by nx9100

On 1/30/2018 at 1:30 PM, Maple Bat said:

@WiiGuy2014

Woody started to cry with a smile "T-Thank you both... I'll try to calm down before you end up finding anypony to help me... W-When it's over I'll give you two anything... Anything I can. I owe you both so much already I just... " Woody hugged Will, who was still Maple "Thank you both... I can't say that enough, Thank you..."

Eventually, C. Will dropped his Maple glamour and headed on his way into Ponyville. Using his abilities, he went around asking Ponies if they had seen Maple, but to no avail.

@dosey doe

Soon, he came across a green Unicorn that left behind a trail of flowers and grass every where she stepped. "Excuse me, miss. But I couldn't help but notice your apparent ability to make flowers grow like that. Never saw a pony like you before" He pointed at the trail. "Anyway..." He transformed and spoke in Maple's voice. "Have you seen this pony, Maple Bat?"

Edited by WiiGuy2014

"La, la la... Oh! Um, hello," said Wish. "No... I don't think so. Nice to meet you, mister! What's your name? I'm Wish Song!"

"I'm sorry you lost your friend," she added, and picked a flower to give to Maple (Will). "Would you like help looking for her?"

10 minutes ago, dosey doe said:

"La, la la... Oh! Um, hello," said Wish. "No... I don't think so. Nice to meet you, mister! What's your name? I'm Wish Song!"

"I'm sorry you lost your friend," she added, and picked a flower to give to Maple (Will). "Would you like help looking for her?"

C. Will switched back to his normal form. "I'm Changeling Will Guide. Call me C. Will"

U. Will appeared into the Magic Mirror being passively up by the Wills' magic. "And I'm the original Unicorn Will Guide" He said. 

"We're literal soul mates who share "driving" our body. If you want to talk to the backseat passenger, look in our Magic Mirror.  And yes, you can help us find Maple."  But first let's see if I can get my friend, Techno to help."

@Techno Universal

Edited by WiiGuy2014

4 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

C. Will switched back to his normal form. "I'm Changeling Will Guide. Call me C. Will"

U. Will appeared into the Magic Mirror being passively up by the Wills' magic. "And I'm the original Unicorn Will Guide" He said. 

"We're literal soul mates who share "driving" our body. If you want to talk to the backseat passenger, look in our Magic Mirror.  And yes, you can help us find Maple."  But first let's see if I can get my friend, Techno to help."

@Techno Universal

Meanwhile Techno had fallen asleep in Twilight’s throne at the cutie map...

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, nx9100 said:

@Maple Bat @dosey doe

"I have had visions," Nova told Maple, "and I see Celestia going there.  Tell me, does she appear there often?  Is the town of some importance to her?"  He started to slowly pace around her room.  "If something were to happen there.....would it draw her out?"

Maple didn't move, "My mother, one of Twilights friends, lives there... Along with the other 4 of Twilight's friends... She has appeared in the past yes. But that was only to assist my mother and her friends. The town itself is important to her, however... since it's the homes of those 6." Maple stood up finally meeting Nova's gaze now "We could possibly send a team there to perhaps draw her out if that's what you wish my liege. If we do, however, I'll leave the operation to Force. I don't think that it would be a good idea for me to go back there yet..."

@Maple Bat @dosey doe

Nova started pacing again.  "I assume you don't want to be recognized by anypony.  Very well." he stopped in front of Force.  "What do you think?  This town sounds worthy of investigating, but would you be up to the task alone? Or do you have an alternate idea?"  

Now Force was pacing.

"I think that if Celestia visits this town that often, she clearly must care about something - or someone - there. We can use that. I also think that this is an opportunity to learn more about our enemy, and we would be fools to waste it."

"True Polymorph."

Force's coat, mane, and tail withered and fell out all at once, in a big green and salmon heap, which she magically disintegrated. Shortly after, new fur and hair grew in over just a few seconds - her new coat a light purple, her mane blonde. Her irises changed from golden to a dark blue.

"While I am in this form, call me Lightheart. I will take the train to avoid suspicion - and a teleport at this distance would be dangerously inaccurate anyway. My Lord, take this."

She floated over a small gemstone to Nova.

"This a sending stone. My usual spell does not have enough range. If you wish to contact me, simply focus your magic on the stone for a few moments. I will hear your thoughts, and will be able to respond in kind. I have attuned it to you. No other may use it. Now then, I must gather my things and prepare a Circle of Recall in my quarters."

She turned to leave, and made the door before looking back over her shoulder:

"Oh, and as for being up to the task? It is not a matter of 'Can I succeed.' I will succeed."

lightheart new.png

====

@WiiGuy2014

"Wow, cool magic!" said Wish. "Sure, I'll come with you and your friend. Sounds like an adventure!"

Edited by dosey doe
  • Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, dosey doe said:

@WiiGuy2014

"Wow, cool magic!" said Wish. "Sure, I'll come with you and your friend. Sounds like an adventure!

And so, with U. Will "driving", he led Wish Song back to the Friendship Castle, where they found Techno asleep in the Map room. Being a little mischievous, Will whispered an idea into Wish's ear, which she agreed with. 

First, Will quietly went over to the sleeping Techno. Knowing Techno was a very important pony, Will decided it was time to unlock Techno's memories as he opened up the pony's hidden control panel. On the outside, Techno's fur and skin feels like any other pony fur and skin. But, on the inside, Techno is made of wires and circuit boards.

After Will change the settings, Techno's outside body still looked normal, but in truth, it would now function like fertile soil. He gestured Wish to come over and work her magic with a wink.

@dosey doe

Edited by WiiGuy2014
Fix post to work with Techno's next move.

Wish tip-toed up to the sleeping horse and whispered a short lullaby, causing little lilies and roses and tulips and snapdragons to grow all over him.

Then she gave Will the universal wink that means "Go for it!"

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, dosey doe said:

Wish tip-toed up to the sleeping horse and whispered a short lullaby, causing little lilies and roses and tulips and snapdragons to grow all over him.

Then she gave Will the universal wink that means "Go for it!"

@Techno Universal

Will gently shook Techno awake. "Wake up, Techno. I hope you feel as refreshed as flowers in Springtime"

5 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

@Techno Universal

Will gently shook Techno awake. "Wake up, Techno. I hope you feel as refreshed as flowers in Springtime"

Techno had never known that he was a robotic alicorn but Will had also enabled access to his hardware and system details so Techno now suddenly released what he truly was. He then woke up to see he was now a walking flower bush...

TU: Uhh wait I’ve always been a robotic machine with a biological brain that was a creation of some sort of mad scientist? That’s just a massive hit to me but anyways... VERY FUNNY YOU TWO!!! GOOD JOB!!! Anyways since I’m a walking flower bush here I think I should be something fluffier than this!

Techno then puffed up his fur and he literally looked like a grey alicorn version of fluffle puff that was wearing a massive cape. All the flowers were also launched off Techno when he puffed up...

• Brohoof 1

While Woody was alone, He was still working, He was drawing lines on a map of Equestria. "If she's not at Rainbow falls... Where could she have gone in a week... Add the fact she was limping to it... And the fact she may be navigating a hostile environment so..." Woody drew several lines, curving them in spots or sharply zig-zagging them. Most of the lines where in the middle of nothing a few of them hit dangerous areas and another hit canterlot, he erased that one knowing that it was unlikely she was there. He drew one to manehatten... " No... If she was there she'd know how to safely get home... So that's out ." Woody erased the line. He started to get tired, for the past 3 days, Woody had been doing this non-stop. He stretched walking over to the couch that was in the living room. He checked to be sure that the door was unlocked for Will before he got some rest, He wanted to be woken up if Will was to return or anypony came for that matter.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Techno had never known that he was a robotic alicorn but Will had also enabled access to his hardware and system details so Techno now suddenly released what he truly was. He then woke up to see he was now a walking flower bush...

TU: Uhh wait I’ve always been a robotic machine with a biological brain that was a creation of some sort of mad scientist? That’s just a massive hit to me but anyways... VERY FUNNY YOU TWO!!! GOOD JOB!!! Anyways since I’m a walking flower bush here I think I should be something fluffier than this!

Techno then puffed up his fur and he literally looked like a grey alicorn version of fluffle puff that was wearing a massive cape. All the flowers were also launched off Techno when he puffed up...

@dosey doe

"Well, Techno. There was a part of me that knew you're were meant to discover yourself as a mechanical robot with a biological brain created by a mad scientist. I thought it was now time for you to realize that. Also, me and Wish Song were glad to hear you enjoyed our prank. isn't that right, Wish?"

After a while, Will said, "Well, since we're all here. I think it's time we go back to Woody at his place and help him find his sister Maple Bat, wouldn't you say?"

Edited by WiiGuy2014

@Maple Bat @dosey doe

Nova smiled at Force's transformation, and took her sending stone with his magic.  "Nicely done," he said.  "Blend in with the local ponies and get all the information you can about Celestia's visits to that town.  Prepare a plan to draw her out, and contact me once you are ready."  He turned to face Maple.  "In the meantime, return to your training.  I will also be practicing with my dark magic.  Unless you have any other suggestions?"