Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general POSITIVE things and stereotypes about bronies and begasisters!

Divine plywood

Bronies are one of the nicest, most tolerant fandoms out there. They're also really creative. Like, ridiculously creative. The amount of great art, music, stories, etc. being made every single day is insane.

• Brohoof 1

Why I decided to join this fandom and haven't left: 

I first checked out FiM in 2014, and soon decided to join this forum and even went to my first BronyCAN this year (which I'm sad has ended and I don't think I can afford a trip to the States for a con this year...we'll see).  Both on the forums and in person, I've felt welcome since day 1.  At my first BronyCAN I was standing in line next to someone who had been to every con and gotten signatures from everyone he could, and I did not sense any elitism from him whatsoever.  Elitism is a huge problem in some fandoms, but not in this one.  Throughout my con experience I've actually found other Bronies to be more approachable than just any old stranger in any other setting.  It helped to create a welcoming atmosphere.

Even before I became a mod here, I felt respected and to this day I don't feel like there's a forum hierarchy or anything like that.  We're all equals here.  I applied to become a mod because I wanted to help keep this community a great place for Pony and Non-Pony discussion.

I've also observed excellent creative works that put the works of many other fandoms to shame (not that respect shouldn't be extended to anyone with the dedication to create fan works regardless).  I've also observed a fandom that's quite charitable.  Sure, there's some cringe in this fandom, but what's most important to me is how I feel when I'm part of a fandom.  This one has made me feel welcome, and for the most part I think it exemplifies the values of the show.

I hear about fandom drama once in a while, but that's a problem with a lot of fandoms out there.  I personally don't get involved if it doesn't have anything to do with me.  I've even avoided the bulk of forum staff politics when they've cropped up (which I'll stay silent about).  I just don't care for drama, and I still find that 99.99% of the time this fandom has been true to its values, both on the forums, among forum staff, and at cons.  Some may disagree with me, but my experience with my fellow Bronies and Pegasisters has been more or less completely positive.  

• Brohoof 1

I could say one thing about the Brony community, but I feel like I can't because, you all took the words out of my mouth. XP

I think when it comes to us Bronies, we tend to be more optimistic.  We look on the brighter side, especially compared to other fandoms(Especially gaming, where some groups look down on others).  Granted, we're not 100% perfect, but we're at least one who just wants to enjoy the series as a whole.  Heck, I'm going all out in terms of My Little Pony fan art this year, mainly because it's the franchise's 35th Anniversary.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...