Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

5 hours ago, Dante Wubbington said:

Would it be alright to have something similar to a Hyperbolic Time Chamber? If yes, my OC will be able to teach 15 days worth of lessons in a matter of 30 minutes. Also, suggestions for this HTC "knock-off" that will work just like it would in Dragonball? Cause the only name I can think of is the "Classroom of Time and Spirit", if only to poke fun at the Japanese name lol.

No, sorry, that sort of technology would render the concept of school years obsolete and cause the school as currently run to be effectively redundant. Even with a cooldown time for the chamber implemented, classes would be teachable far faster than otherwise possible.

Also, just as a friendly reminder, please do remember to keep the power, intellect, and skill levels of your character modulated somewhat to be on a similar order of magnitude to those of the people around her. The time/space magic, teleportation magic, and transformation magic in and of itself is fine when strictly kept in check with the blood-limit, but the MDs in 'every subject known to mankind' might be pushing it slightly, especially in the realm of realism; such qualification would require multiple centuries of study and several million dollars to pay test entrance fees, even with an 'IQ of 300'. Sure, this is a magic alternate-universe world, but we're trying to minimise the mandate for willing suspension of disbelief and keep it as far in line with Earth standards of normalcy as possible, not to mention the fact that if you wanted her to have such a remarkable level of formal education (and, for that matter, such an extensive history travelling the world to learn about magic), you should have mentioned it explicitly in your application or character bio.

On the note of Earth standards of normalcy, ain't nobody in this school gonna hire her if she's teaching 'just for [expletive]s and giggles'. Responsible conduct and professionalism is an in-universe prerequisite for any teaching job, regardless of lesson-plan quality.

(edited)
28 minutes ago, Duality said:

No, sorry, that sort of technology would render the concept of school years obsolete and cause the school as currently run to be effectively redundant. Even with a cooldown time for the chamber implemented, classes would be teachable far faster than otherwise possible.

Also, just as a friendly reminder, please do remember to keep the power, intellect, and skill levels of your character modulated somewhat to be on a similar order of magnitude to those of the people around her. The time/space magic, teleportation magic, and transformation magic in and of itself is fine when strictly kept in check with the blood-limit, but the MDs in 'every subject known to mankind' might be pushing it slightly, especially in the realm of realism; such qualification would require multiple centuries of study and several million dollars to pay test entrance fees, even with an 'IQ of 300'. Sure, this is a magic alternate-universe world, but we're trying to minimise the mandate for willing suspension of disbelief and keep it as far in line with Earth standards of normalcy as possible, not to mention the fact that if you wanted her to have such a remarkable level of formal education (and, for that matter, such an extensive history travelling the world to learn about magic), you should have mentioned it explicitly in your application or character bio.

On the note of Earth standards of normalcy, ain't nobody in this school gonna hire her if she's teaching 'just for [expletive]s and giggles'. Responsible conduct and professionalism is an in-universe prerequisite for any teaching job, regardless of lesson-plan quality.

I fixed the post & also, I didn't think that I was going to get into this RP when I made her profile. One more thing, I had Dante explicitly say that she was traveling for 8 years in my first post & ever simce I created her (which was back in 2015 & that was at nearly 3 years before I joined this site) she always had an IQ of 300 & she was always made an orphan at age 8. Oh & I drew a Keyblade because of inspiration.

0405181817a.thumb.jpg.57e5d64b271b5a0a26103d7c71b3c12b.jpg

Edited by Dante Wubbington

1 minute ago, Dante Wubbington said:

I fixed the post & also, I didn't think that I was going to get into this RP when I made her profile.

Thanks for your understanding, it's much appreciated. :D

In regards to the tweaks you've overlaid onto her character bio for this RP, they're perfectly fine - and even required to an extent to make your character fit in with the roleplay's lore -, but a preliminary OOC heads-up for any major additions and changes not previously alluded to does help the RP run more smoothly on our end.

3 minutes ago, Duality said:

Thanks for your understanding, it's much appreciated. :D

In regards to the tweaks you've overlaid onto her character bio for this RP, they're perfectly fine - and even required to an extent to make your character fit in with the roleplay's lore -, but a preliminary OOC heads-up for any major additions and changes not previously alluded to does help the RP run more smoothly on our end.

You're welcome & thanks for pointing out what I needed to fix.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Updating her Magitek list.

Dante's Magitek list

-H.A.N.D.S.: The "Hoove Activated Nimble Dexterity Sleeves", these were invented by Dante so she can hold things like those that have real hands can. She can plug the Flame Drive, the Freezing Douse Drive, or the Storm Drive into one of her H.A.N.D.S. to be able to cast spells of the magic type of the corresponding Mana Drive(s).

-H.A.T.C.H.: The "Hidden Arsenal Toolbox Collared Hammerspace device", a piece of magitek that allows the wearer to put their items into a pocket dimension called "Hammerspace". Any food stored in this piece of Magitek will NEVER go bad! Same goes for everything else that gets stored as well. A H.A.T.C.H. can work as a communication device, it tells time & (like stated eariler) can store your items in a secure pocket dimension as well as allow you to pull up Holomonitors to see how much money and items you have stored in it.

-H.A.D.: The "Hammerspace Armwear Device", it's basically a H.A.T.C.H. worn on a wrist. Dante has a lot of these that are stored & inactive until someone is given one of these & it's turned on by the new owner. H.A.T.C.H.es & H.A.D.s are Isomorphic to the wearer & are unhackable, which means only the wearer can use them & the item storage space is so big that it's practically infinite.

-Spare H.A.T.C.H.es & H.A.D.s that she can give out to others.

-Illusion Shades: their purpose is to hide the scars she got during her travels.

-Magitek Eye: She lost an eye at some point in her 8 year scholarly world tour. This Magitek Eye of hers allows her to see through illusions and walls & when it's not hidden, it increases the power & accuracy of her spells by 50%.

-Time Mana Drive (AKA: the Chrono Drive): It looks like a vintage Pocket Watch with the gears showing, hanging on a necklace-like chain.

-Fire Mana Drive (AKA: the Flame Drive): Looks like a red Flash Drive with a fire symbol on it. Plugs into her H.A.N.D.S.

-Earth/Metal Mana Drive (AKA: Moon Breaker): Looks like Lexaeus' Axe Sword, the Skysplitter, only it's colored like the night sky. Buffs & debuffs given by Moon Breaker are: Strength +25%, Defense +25%, Speed -25%.

-Ice/Water Mana Drive (AKA: The Freezing Douse Drive): Looks like a cyan Flash Drive. Plugs into her H.A.N.D.S.

-Lightning/Wind Mana Drive (AKA: The Storm Drive): Looks like a yellow Flash Drive. Plugs into her H.A.N.D.S.

-Light/Dark Mana Drive (AKA: The Light & Darkness Drive): It looks like a ponified Organization XIII Coat. It's primary purpose is giving Dante a Defensive stat boost of +13 & gives her a 25% resistance to Light and Darkness damage. It also allows her to use either Light or Darkness magic but never together and only if she wants to (with Darkness Magic, that almost never happens, while Light Magic is only used when she dual wields her fanmade Keyblades, Music Gear & Moon Guardian's Strength).

Dante's Requip settings:

-Flowering Nights: Maid outfit that's reinforced with kevlar & enchanted to take all kinds of abuse, both during battle & from everyday life. Her Chrono Drive. Knives.

-The Superior of the In-Between: Light & Darkness Drive. Ethereal Blades.

-The Free Shooter: Light & Darkness Drive. Replica Arrow Guns that she forged from Vibranium. An Eyepatch that is actually a scouter disguised as an Eyepatch.

-The Whirlwind Lancer: Light & Darkness Drive. Storm Drive. Lances forged from Vibranium.

-The Chilling Academic: Light & Darkness Drive. Freezing Douse Drive. Vibranium Shield.

-The Silent Hero: Light & Darkness Drive. Moon Breaker.

-The Cloaked Schemer: Light & Darkness Drive. Enchanted Lexicon that allows her to make very convincing illusions.

-The Flurry of Dancing Flames: Light & Darkness Drive. Flame Drive. Vibranium Chakrams.

-The Melodious Nocturne: Light & Darkness Drive. Freezing Douse Drive. Vibranium Sitar.

-The Gambler of Fate: Light & Darkness Drive. Chrono Drive. Enchanted Cards.

-The Savage Nymph: Light & Darkness Drive. Storm Drive. Vibranium Kunai Knives.

-The Key of Destiny: Light & Darkness Drive. Dual Vibranium forged Keyblades, Music GearMoon Guardian's Strength (they were forged by Dante herself & the edges are blunt af)

-Luigi, Number One: Blue enchanted kevlar overalls. Green enchanted kevlar long sleeved shirt. White enchanted kevlar gloves. Flame Drive. Storm Drive.

-The Flame Alchemist, Roy Mustang: Blue Military outfit reinforced with enchanted kevlar. White Gloves made from enchanted kevlar with an alchemy circle on each of them like the ones on Roy Mustang's gloves (it's to make the cosplay look pretty convincing). Flame Drive.

These Requip Settings & the Mana Drives will be nearly exclusive to Salem University as an RP.

@Duality

I will have you know that brick walls have inadvertently suffered casualties in number of 2 in Ira's presence, and one has faced radical restructuring via destructive deconstruction after it dared to become a personal affront to her by having her walk around it to the garden one too many times back home.... ...it was a long wall, okay?

And no worries, so far she's good friends with University walls.

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Khajiit said:

And no worries, so far she's good friends with University walls.

I'm sure the University's property-damage budget thanks her for that. :P

• Brohoof 2

31 minutes ago, Dante Wubbington said:

Duality, this is just a heads-up. I'm going to introduce a split personality of Dante's called "Gearstep".

Interesting. Details?

4 minutes ago, Dante Wubbington said:

She was created from a traumatic event during her world tour & her personality is similar to Larxene.

What's Larxene like?

I confess I am far less in tune with pop culture references than I probably should be.

(edited)
12 hours ago, Duality said:

What's Larxene like?

I confess I am far less in tune with pop culture references than I probably should be.

Larxene is from the Kingdom Hearts series. She's sadistic. That's the short of it. The Personality section of Larxene's wikia page will explain her personality better.

(edited)

@Dante Wubbington, to call oneself a 'professor' one needs to both have a doctorate degree and be currently employed as a senior staff member at a university or research institute. I don't know about the degree, but Dante isn't a senior faculty member at any research institute or university, so she can't accurately refer to herself as a professor. Normally I would consider this needless nitpicking, but this is a quintessentially academic setting and Dr. Duality is characterised such that she would definitely call her out on such a slip in honorific decorum, especially being a professor herself.

As for the doctorate aspect, could you please provide a precise, complete, and realistic list of the qualifications Dante has attained in the past? It is becoming somewhat necessary to the consistency of the RP to delineate the full extent of her education.

Edited by Duality

(edited)
1 hour ago, dragon4111 said:

@Duality

Nah I'm just messing with you. But he does need someone to interact with.

He could come by the duel that's going down and possibly interact with the two there when they're done, he could pop into Dr. Duality's office for some reason, or he could bump into one of the other characters, wherever they are.  My suggestion is the fight, since he's already in the vicinity, but it's obviously up to you. :P

Edited by Duality

(edited)
3 hours ago, Dante Wubbington said:

I fixed my last post in the SU rp.

Oooh, 'Ms'. Classy:pout:

Could I still have an exhaustive list of the scientific qualifications that Dante has obtained, though?

Edited by Duality

@woodchunks66@Denim&Venom@Mentis Soliloquy@Biohazarddallas

Hey guys? Just have a question for my own info, you willing to continue this one? Gotta know to be able to pace my other RPs elsewhere at correct rate. At once, I don't want you to feel as if it was a chore here! Just asking for my own knowledge to plan accordingly.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Khajiit said:

@woodchunks66@Denim&Venom@Mentis Soliloquy@Biohazarddallas

Hey guys? Just have a question for my own info, you willing to continue this one? Gotta know to be able to pace my other RPs elsewhere at correct rate. At once, I don't want you to feel as if it was a chore here! Just asking for my own knowledge to plan accordingly.

Hey, I'm still waiting to be mentioned.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Duality said:

Oooh, 'Ms'. Classy:pout:

Could I still have an exhaustive list of the scientific qualifications that Dante has obtained, though?

The rest of the science subjects she has Master's Degress for are: Biology, Computer Science, Chemistry, Astrology/Astronomy, Engineering, & Applied Physics/Mathematics, 

• Brohoof 1