Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

Just now, dragon4111 said:

@Buck Testa

And challenging a experienced mage/wizard is a good idea?

Never said it was, but it'd be fun, which is the whole point!

For Dru though, it'd be more for her pride after the whole floating clothes thing. We talked about all this already, I've been trying to get this set up for days now!

@Buck Testa

I know I know I'm not disputing it. I'm just saying that as a staff member Ghalan can reject it or give the student a warning by showing off his power.

You could, but it would be LAME and it would cut off a whole action set piece I had planned! I literally did research for this fight! Duality knows lol. 

@Buck Testa @dragon4111

I'm thinking the staff member would typically warn the student of the fact that they're challenging an experienced magic user to a duel, but allow the fight to go on if the student agreed and still wanted to duel. That would allow students to have an opportunity to learn from advanced duels from the perspective of participant as well as expand their own field of magical experience through combat with a powerful mage.

@Duality @dragon4111

Warnings and stuff like that are fine! That ramps up tension for the fight. But we DEFINITELY need to do the fight. I've been itching for this for awhile now. 

Like I went over in the previous time we talked about this fight, in terms of skill and raw, lethal force he could definitely kill Dru as she is right now. HOWEVER this is a non lethal match, and I'm betting that he would not go all out against a student. In that she will find her footing. 

I'm telling you, I've got the whole thing in my head and I'm rearing to go.  

I'm assuming you mean by doing a feat against the environment to show he's no joke basically. Or perhaps making her question whether he'd go all out or not. Something like that.  

@Buck Testa

Exactly

By all means! Go for it! It'd just make it more interesting honestly. The point of rp fights is for the entertainment value. It's like WWE. The outcome is decided, but how they get there is the fun part. 

While you brutes will be going all out, I feel obliged to inform you that Ley's next post might be merged with Particle's as one creation. Though this may take a moment to come to fruition and it probably will not affect other characters. Mostly probably.

• Brohoof 1

Sorry for my abysmal tardiness on getting a post up, too, my lecturers appear to be actively conspiring to destroy the hopes, dreams, and social lives of everyone in my entire course. On the bright side, this horrid semester is guaranteed to end in a few scant weeks, so I'll have almost-certain freedom for a fortnight or so after then. :rarity:

@Passion

I'm planning on one last Duality-only post before scarpering with Ley for that 1v1 collab conversation in the library, just so you know. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Cliff notes on who their characters are? 

Druantia is my child prodigy character with power over plants  

Dr Fenris was introduced as YOU

@dragon4111 's character is the Janitor and he controls gravity. 

It's all in the Rp. I quoted you and everything. 

1 minute ago, Buck Testa said:

Druantia is my child prodigy character with power over plants  

Dr Fenris was introduced as YOU

@dragon4111 's character is the Janitor and he controls gravity. 

It's all in the Rp. I quoted you and everything. 

Okay I think I get the jist of things. 

Just for future reference, if I'm not mentioned, I'm not gonna read it. 

It's not very good role playing if I have knowledge of a situation that my characters shouldn't.