Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

9 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Duality

So now can I have Ghalan sense that something is wrong?

Didn't he already sense that something was wrong, what with how much energy Druantia was using and all the plants coming from outside the ring and everything? Or do you mean something different?

Just now, Buck Testa said:

Duality gonna look out the window like

tenor.gif

I look forward to the post lol

She might not even have to look out the window, what with the hyooj magical disturbance going on and all the staff panicking in the gym. I'm spoilt for choice on how Duality loses her nachos. :mustache:

4 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Duality@Buck Testa

Hmm well I had an idea that maybe that he burns his own magical aura by cleaning up the mess that she made.  he'll realize that she won't stop until she's dead so yeah.

If you mean the plants, she has a way to get rid of them. It's the same way she got rid of those rose constructs. As for the property damage that's gonna last lol.

How would your gravity powers fix things?

7 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Buck Testa

basically waves upon waves of controlled gravity pressing down upon the created plants

I wouldn't advise that. Dru is moving them with her magic. If you put too much strain on her you'd kill her. Also these vines are enormous. I compared them with a redwood tree

194737_max.jpg

q-redwood-trees-age-redwood-trees-size-s

Which means they are already unfathomably heavy. The entire situation is geared to keeping your character from using your biggest options for fear of killing a student. 

13 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Buck Testa

True but if need be he will yield if only to protect a child.

Given his experience he'd probably know that wouldn't be an option. She is recklessly close to the razors edge with how wild she's using her magic. This requires deescalation and finese. Once she has her win the situation will simmer down. There will be fallout from it though. 

13 hours ago, Duality said:

I've got next post. Duality's going to lose it. :sealed:

I expected no less of her. There shall be much shouting. :P

I might take the liberty of having Ira react to stuff going on, as she is currently not tied to any of characters or events taking place, but I'd like her to at least start heading to its source. I cannot imagine her ignoring what's going on. Unlike Ley.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Passion said:

I might take the liberty of having Ira react to stuff going on, as she is currently not tied to any of characters or events taking place, but I'd like her to at least start heading to its source. I cannot imagine her ignoring what's going on. Unlike Ley.

@Duality @Denim&Venom @Passion @dragon4111

One thing to remember is the fight itself has only been going on a few seconds in Universe. Everything that has happened in the fight from the gigantic vines to the turret cannon Peppers to the Carpet bombing pumpkins have happened in rapid succession in less than ten seconds. 

It shows in Drus aura as well. She is burning through magic at such an alarming rate that her aura is actually making audible screams of pain. Creating hundreds of redwood sized vines and obscenely large weaponized peppers and pumpkins, all aiming at a specific target, without proper control and training has visibly volitile effects on her magic. Even fatal if she goes on for much longer. 

It would kind of resemble cases of when magic users are under extreme stress and experience a wild unleashing of magic to get themselves to safety, not unlike when people experience temporary super strength to lift a car off of their child or something similar. 

• Brohoof 1

@Denim&Venom @Buck Testa @dragon4111

I've got next post. I'm probably going to spoiler the collab post and put my follow-up Duality-only post unspoilered after it, since the collab is so ridiculously huge. Plenty of subplot development in the collab, though, so for those who want to keep up with the overarching storyline of the RP I advise either honing your skim-reading skills or setting aside half an hour or so to read it in-depth. :P

6 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Duality@Buck Testa

Hmm Well how deep is she under ground?

Sorry if I didn't make that clear. Her plants wrapped her up like a mummy for protection and then yanked her down there to get her away from your attack. That also allowed her to carpet bomb with her pumpkins. While she is protected from getting injured by being dragged through the earth, it's still quite taxing on her.

Oh God. Reviewing the post now I just cannot contain laughter on the thought of how absolutely prophetic Ley's words and doubts were in spite of Wave's assurances xD Hope Duality can post it today.

31 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

I skimmed over it and I'm still lost, anyone good at a quick summary?

My character Druantia was introduced. She is the psychotic child prodigy and ward of a Mafia Don. She is a powerful but very untrained magic user with a specialty in plant magic. One strange thing about Dru is how far reaching her aura is. It's large enough to engolf the entirety of the campus grounds and then some. 

Shortly after she was introduced she had a run in with the Janitor, as played by @dragon4111. She challenged him to a duel. They didn't place containment magic well enough around the dueling arena, which resulted in her magic being entirely unchecked and running wild throughout the campus grounds. 

Currently her full attention is on the Janitor, conducting what is basically a military strike against him. As a byproduct of her burning through so much magic in a short period of time, all the plants on campus are turning hostile and attacking anyone close to them. Teachers are responding to that now. 

(edited)

@Buck Testa @dragon4111 @Denim&Venom

How's this incident going to play out? Anyone got any ideas for which character or combination thereof is going to stop Dru from injuring herself? Only Miko, Mindy, Duality, and Ghalan are in the immediate vicinity of the duel, from what I've read. Neither Mindy or Miko appear aware that Dru's magic expenditure is posing major risk to her - and they're hardly equipped for a non-murderous takedown, either, what with all the chainsaws and various exotically violent bladed weapons making up the majority of their arsenal. Ghalan appears occupied bearing the brunt of Dru's plants, so that just leaves Duality open to help (although she arrives almost a minute into the duel, by my reckoning of time, so she's probably there a good dozen seconds after the events of the previous round of posts). However, she or Ghalan could holler at Mindy/Miko to tell them what's going on and what their main priority should be, thus getting one or both of the Pelajae to assist them in targeting Dru for a nonviolent defusion of the situation.

Thoughts?

EDIT: @reader8363's Shadow is also approaching the duelling hall, but whether he'll arrive in time to assist anyone depends on what happens in the interval before he gets there, i.e., what the already-there characters do to sort things out.

Edited by Duality

(edited)

@Duality @Denim&Venom @dragon4111

Well. One I would like to request that Dragon let his Janitor character be either injured or close too it. Dru is pulling out an event level attack that multiple teachers are now responding too. It would make sense that even with his skill and power he'd be overwhelmed, especially when he isn't trying to hurt her. 

As for the situation as a whole, I have ideas of how to wrap it up. I think it'll be quite entertaining.

Edited by Buck Testa

9 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

@Duality @Denim&Venom @dragon4111

Well. One I would like to request that Dragon let his Janitor character be either injured or close too it. Dru is pulling out an event level attack that multiple teachers are now responding too. It would make sense that even with his skill and power he'd be overwhelmed, especially when he isn't trying to hurt her. 

As for the situation as a whole, I have ideas of how to wrap it up. I think it'll be quite entertaining.

Since she's underground, perhaps what we need are the help of our resident geomancers, specifically Angel and

@Mentis Soliloquy Katrina? 

Also thinking of having Mindy show off a sliver of her own unrestrained power, summoning a storm to fry Dru's trees and force her hand.