Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

@Duality

Well true true but also apart of ptsd is having a short fuse at times.  if on a job he will keep his temper in check. He's a professional afterall. but we can go with the least well known unit.

Edited by dragon4111
  • Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Duality

Well true true but also apart of ptsd is having a short fuse at times.  if on a job he will keep his temper in check. He's a professional afterall. but we can go with the least well known unit.

That's true, that's true.

It doesn't have to be the least well-known unit, though, just one that's niche enough that he'd end up a janitor rather than in a combat role somewhere else. :rarity:

9 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Duality

Aye he could have heard his best friend Gabriel had opened up a school. and poof here he is.

They don't even have to be best friends; old Gabe had a lot of business contacts in the mage world. :P

However, the question is why is he not a combat tutor? Is he trying to completely turn over a new leaf?

@Duality

Either that or he feels that his hands are too stained with blood. And plus he is in the special catagory three different types of magics, healing, hydromancy and finally his main magic gravity manipulation. Also I did talk to Arid about Ghalan being Gabriel's best friend. But he also feels like he was too late to save his friend too.

Edited by dragon4111
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Duality said:

But if it was a very well-known task force or a particularly skilled one then Ghalan would have learnt to control his temper better for the sake of their missions and he would have been employed in a more significant position than he is now. It would have to have been a relatively minor force, perhaps stationed in a poor or politically weak country.

He could have simply chosen to do so in order to keep an eye out on mages after whatever dragon has in mind happened in the past. It would fit his char's lack of necessary academic experience and inadequate profile disposition in terms of traits and personality to becoming a teacher.

1 hour ago, dragon4111 said:

@Duality

Either that or he feels that his hands are too stained with blood. And plus he is in the special catagory three different types of magics, healing, hydromancy and finally his main magic gravity manipulation. Also I did talk to Arid about Ghalan being Gabriel's best friend. But he also feels like he was too late to save his friend too.

That's the first time I'm hearing of him knowing hydromancy...?

@Denim&Venom Sorry to keep you in limbo Denim, I am still continuing here but I had to get accommodated with OH and review all of its threads to understand how's the section doing before I could jump into moderating it. A little bit of more daunting task than I have expected it to be. I have stuff typed out somewhere on drive just need to review it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Passion said:

He could have simply chosen to do so in order to keep an eye out on mages after whatever dragon has in mind happened in the past. It would fit his char's lack of necessary academic experience and inadequate profile disposition in terms of traits and personality to becoming a teacher.

Ooh, yes, good call. Having someone like him in the University, even in a janitorial position, has the potential to head off a lot of rogue-mages-to-be.

11 minutes ago, Passion said:

That's the first time I'm hearing of him knowing hydromancy...?

It was mentioned way back in his application. Just enough of a knack to keep his steam-powered car running supernaturally smoothly, if I recall correctly. :mlp_please:

Edited by Duality
  • Brohoof 1

Ah,, aighty. Hard to remember everything about everyone. Wasn't there a mention we should have a list of characters in easily accessible location for all to use :P ?

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Passion said:

Ah,, aighty. Hard to remember everything about everyone. Wasn't there a mention we should have a list of characters in easily accessible location for all to use :P ?

I implemented that idea the other week. The full list of everyone in the RP and all their characters is in the original post of this thread, spoilered near the bottom. :D

5 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Duality

Maybe well Ghalan could have been apart of a task force dealing with a rogue mage you know.

Why does it have to be a magical task force? Have him be regular military? Maybe he was a drill seargeant? Explains his want for conformity. Or he was in the police, and some officers who didn't play by the book cost him everything. 

• Brohoof 1

@Denim&Venom

It's apart of the police force denim. and why does it need to be magical? can you really expect a normal police officer to take down a rogue mage?

Can a regular police officer take down magneto?

Edited by dragon4111

12 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Denim&Venom

Also sorry if that seemed rude Denim I just woke up.

and why does it need to be magical? can you really expect a normal police officer to take down a rogue mage?

Can a regular police officer take down magneto?

Actually, yes. Yes they could. 

And I mean why does it have to be against magical adversaries? Odds are that it's normal humans causing all the problems. Even those with magical powers would have a hard time handling the criminal and terrorist elements in our world. Gun violence is gonna kill more than any enchanted could ever hope to accomplish. 

So maybe Galhan was trying to keep his powers under wraps. Deal with the street crime as a beat cop, instead of getting sent off to become a member of the magic marines. He's seen the dark side of the streets. Been between the alleys of the ghetto. And he's witnessed the recklessness of his fellow officers come back to bite him big time.  

5 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Denim&Venom

Have you seen the damage of a fireball? especially in D&D?

Molotov cocktail does the same thing. 

2 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

Don't discount magic here denim also Ghalan controls gravity.

Your point?

2 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

Also don't put much stalk into Matt pat's theories...That is what they are theories.

Oh I don't. Not after he royally screwed up his research on For Honor. But it does make sense. A bullet not made from ferrous material could do the job. Most magic users are still only human and can perish as such. 

Just now, dragon4111 said:

@Denim&Venom

You poor unfortunate soul a fireball in D&D is an explosion.

Sorry. Only really played 2nd edition.

Oh and we have stuff for that too. They're called bombs. Same damage. No magic required. Even comes with free shrapnel. 

Don't underestimate magic? Don't underestimate a resourceful human with a heart of stone. 

(edited)

@Denim&Venom @dragon4111

Whoa, cool it there, folks, no need for void banishments; it started as a mere concept suggestion, after all. :grin:

Dragon, you can make Ghalan's former field of employment a rogue-mage takedown squad if you want to, Denim was just putting forth an idea for you along the lines that Ghalan could've been involved in a specially-trained police department or army division fighting terrorist groups, mafia, or other heavily armed criminal organisations in various violence-stricken countries around the world (instead of specifically a mage task force hunting down individual rogue mages, since there are so few significantly powerful rogue mages anyway). Perhaps these criminal organisations could have recruited an untrained mage or two from among their own ranks to strengthen their attacks, and that's where the Janitor got involved for cleanup. It's just an interesting alternative take on a tough-as-nails crime-fighting backstory for Ghalan. :mustache:

Edited by Duality