Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

Ghalan made a graaaaave mistake coming back to the arena in the rugged shape he is in while Ira is still there. Oh Boi.

@Duality

Where is the University located exactly?

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Passion said:

Where is the University located exactly?

It's on an island somewhere near one of America's coasts. University tradition holds that the island is off the west coast specifically, but this has not been verified to anyone without a valid reason for why it should be verified to them and its location is otherwise kept very private.

To this end, the university is protected around the coastline of its estate by complex spatiotemporal anomalies and mental obfuscation spells deliberately layered to prevent uninvited intruders, but suffice it to say that it is highly isolated, all but self-sufficient, and effectively only accessible by large static portals set around the country in various buildings bought, fitted, and staffed just for that purpose (although they often double as offices for a magical consultancy business managed indirectly by the university).

Sunshine hours are consistent with central America, and nobody's quite sure how the weather works. On the whole, it follows general American coastal weather (although the coast seems to vary from week to week), but hurricanes have lashed the coasts while the university experienced summery sunshine and entire classrooms have flooded with rain while the coasts had unbroken beach weather - not to mention the now-legendary noon a decade or so ago when the university skies went a cloudless black and hailed frozen tentacle fragments, a lunar eclipse visible overhead that was predicted for midwestern Asia several months from then.

13 hours ago, reader8363 said:

I hope that my post is alright, or should I change it?

Could you add a bit more detail about this 'one-way portal' - how it works, what it looks like, how it's formed, etc. -, as well as a slightly more extensive description of Shadow casting the spell? If it's something powerful enough to seal off the entire auditorium in a way that all the other teachers there couldn't do, it seems fair to say that it would require appreciable effort on Shadow's part to set it in place, preferably put in words.

Edited by Duality

I will be getting ready my soonish. Need to react to what's happening around Ira and have Ley finally get accommodated.

I have been getting a little bit caught up with a few things recently, but I do not forget about this one. No worries about it.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/4/2018 at 3:32 AM, reader8363 said:

I hope that my post is alright, or should I change it?

I saw your edit, and while you've done a good job putting more explanation for how the one-way portal works, could you also put in a bit more detailed description of Shadow casting the spell itself? Maybe another sentence or two at minimum, just to flesh it out.

18 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

@Duality ETA on your post?

Done and dusted. Sorry for the wait, I put a lot of work into it. :mlp_grin:

5 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Passion

Also going to have some consequences to her doing that.

Fixed.

And of course. I couldn't predict how you will have Ghalan react, I also couldn't predict if her "little" episode will not destroy half of the campus due to Ghalan getting distracted (please don't, we have enough structural damage to start the year off lol).

But then again, consequences yield further consequences. It's up to Ghalan to think of a reason why she'd be so angry and act accordingly... or to disregard it. But in the first place, it's up to you to decide how you want Ghalan to be perceived with his deeds.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

Well Dru is having a magical seizure at the moment. I'm thinking of introducing a new character I've been thinking of to handle the situation if @Duality cant step in. 

I'd be perfectly fine with a random NPC staff member arbitrarily procuring a high-powered magic suppressor for the nurse as rapidly as needs be; you could gloss over it with just a nurse-centred narrative and the staff member handing it to her. If that seems a bit stilted and you're uncertain on whether to introduce a new character, I could have a random NPC nurse run into Duality's room a few minutes after she awakens to blurt a request for her access card to obtain said suppressor before rushing it to Dru.

Name: Adaline "The Nice Lady"

Character: Very little is known about "The Nice Lady." Some only know her as an urban legend if that. She shows up out of the background, leading people in strange musical numbers that leave them sick and bedridden afterwards, filled with diseases and tumors. Other times the Nice Lady comes and heals the sick of their ailments, only to whisk them away to never be seen again like a pied piper. Whenever she appears, she never seems like a threat. Nobody ever gets a good look at her, or remembers what she was wearing, but what they do know was... she was a nice lady.

Magic: Musical Manipulation; 

Adaline learned how to use her powers through her voice and dance. For example, while she is rather uncoordinated normally, when she is in the middle of a musical number she has nigh pre cognitive reflexes that has gotten her out of danger a number of times. Weaker willed people (aka NPCs and PCs who are willing) can find themselves caught up in her musical numbers as backup dancers and singers. 

Adaline learned how to use her voice and motion to do all manner of things, including healing of the sick and injured and befriending woodland creatures and insects.

In terms of Combat abilities, she displays very little in the ways of offense. She can be quite difficult to pin down during a musical number however, and many adversaries end up joining in her seemingly choreographed movements instead of being able to properly strike her. 

Shes also learned how to " Join the background" An ability that makes her difficult to perceive by other people. People can know that someone is there, but they do not recognize her or perceive her as a threat. She can walk out of a room and make it so that most people won't even remember who she was or what she did. This does not work with electronics like cameras, however people will only know her as "The Nice Lady" 

History: "The Nice Lady" is known to exist thanks to stronger willed magic users (aka PCs) whom her magic doesnt affect quite as much. While she can move about the lives of normal humans with abandon, using her twisted musical healing powers on them in any way she chooses, she is something of an alarming presence for magic users who know of her. While they have a hard time shaking off the idea of her being a nice lady, non threatening and sweet, they can perceive her I'll intent better than most. Still, even in a school full of magic users, the Nice lady can easily walk among them unnoticed if she chose to. 

She's recently teamed up with a group of villains whom she finds interesting, and on their request, she has gone to Salem university to gather Intel, and maybe be a nice lady to a special few 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

Name: Adaline "The Nice Lady"

Character: Very little is known about "The Nice Lady." Some only know her as an urban legend if that. She shows up out of the background, leading people in strange musical numbers that leave them sick and bedridden afterwards, filled with diseases and tumors. Other times the Nice Lady comes and heals the sick of their ailments, only to whisk them away to never be seen again like a pied piper. Whenever she appears, she never seems like a threat. Nobody ever gets a good look at her, or remembers what she was wearing, but what they do know was... she was a nice lady.

Magic: Musical Manipulation; 

Adaline learned how to use her powers through her voice and dance. For example, while she is rather uncoordinated normally, when she is in the middle of a musical number she has nigh pre cognitive reflexes that has gotten her out of danger a number of times. Weaker willed people (aka NPCs and PCs who are willing) can find themselves caught up in her musical numbers as backup dancers and singers. 

Adaline learned how to use her voice and motion to do all manner of things, including healing of the sick and injured and befriending woodland creatures and insects.

In terms of Combat abilities, she displays very little in the ways of offense. She can be quite difficult to pin down during a musical number however, and many adversaries end up joining in her seemingly choreographed movements instead of being able to properly strike her. 

Shes also learned how to " Join the background" An ability that makes her difficult to perceive by other people. People can know that someone is there, but they do not recognize her or perceive her as a threat. She can walk out of a room and make it so that most people won't even remember who she was or what she did. This does not work with electronics like cameras, however people will only know her as "The Nice Lady" 

History: "The Nice Lady" is known to exist thanks to stronger willed magic users (aka PCs) whom her magic doesnt affect quite as much. While she can move about the lives of normal humans with abandon, using her twisted musical healing powers on them in any way she chooses, she is something of an alarming presence for magic users who know of her. While they have a hard time shaking off the idea of her being a nice lady, non threatening and sweet, they can perceive her I'll intent better than most. Still, even in a school full of magic users, the Nice lady can easily walk among them unnoticed if she chose to. 

She's recently teamed up with a group of villains whom she finds interesting, and on their request, she has gone to Salem university to gather Intel, and maybe be a nice lady to a special few 

I hope you realise how sumptuously meta this character is. Definitely approved. :mustache:

Let me know if any of you will require Ley, I've left a spot in my post since I'm willing to post her ASAP, however I am currently preoccupied with reading through new workplace training materials, as the job is a bit more demanding than I have expected. This means I might not be able to get right to it today, tomorrow or even in 2 days (although I do plan to have her post before weekend, as I'm leaving to a wedding).

I've already PMed Buck what to expect of her so that he can, if he needs to, fit in more or less into my plan I've had for her. I will adjust to his post if I have to. I've got the entirety of post and her actions fleshed out, I just need to put them on e-paper.

• Brohoof 1