Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

It's a form of expression~

Simply means that if you bring the subject up with her she'll try to evade talking about it. But if you pressurize her and keep drilling the topic, she would most probably accuse Ghalan of being the reason behind the accident.

EDIT: A valid point has been brought up though. As for an RP with an encouraged romance elements, we are failing miserably. Maybe I should rethink of having Ira more open to it. Ley for certain isn't the type to romance around. Flirt and toy? Sure, most probably. But something stable and static? Yeah. Right. Not now, not later, not ever.

• Brohoof 1

I can agree to a few week time skip, people can discuss oocly what they are doing make subplots, form bonds, etc etc. Then for the next phases to come to fruition

Up to @Duality also after watching the video, Lilith will likely blame the two who fought, Ira didnt fight right? Probably have those two banned from spars for a few months and have them work on repairs

Ira would of been sparring with Lilith and learning new things we can discuss on discord if ya wish

• Brohoof 1

Janitor resisting Principal's directives even though he is at the very least partially responsible for all of this? I'd rethink that Drsgon :D

@Arid_Blitz Ira did not participate in fight. Her version of events is that she arrived to the wrecked place, found the three, there was a small accident which didn't really harm anyone aaaand that's all. Other than that she refuses to go back with memories to everything that has happened back that day. Also, I actually forgor about the dreaded promise of lessons... but I can assure you Ira will put forward her hiring agreement if Lilith tries to push it beyond her working hours :x Not to mention this line of punishment in her eyes is uncalled for, as she has a vast practical knowledge of apllication of magic and is already past her educational period, so it feels at least weird and awkward :P

Also, how can you say two will work on repairing the damage ;x ? A small child? Moreover, you have a school literally rigged with magic users. Geomancers should make quick work of fixing everything. Unless the University attempts to follow the "magic is not a commodity but responsibility" approach and attempts to set an example by thwarting its use for convenience.

• Brohoof 1

@Passion @Duality

It's also was fairly clear to anyone watching that duel that Dru lost control of her magic. Though she is quite smart and has the bearing of someone who knows what shes doing, she is still a very young child. Her emotional state and mental stability is fragile at best what with her magic having a semi conciousness of it's own.

She had no business dueling anyone (in canon). It is the fault of everyone who allowed this to happen as much as her own uncontrolled magic. 

The wrecked school will be a stark reminder that the teachers need to be that much more diligent than normal ones from normal schools. Lax defenses, lax leadership, and lax enforcement of rules could get students killed. 

• Brohoof 2

@Buck Testa

You are correct in stating she lost control of her magic, but I sense a small contradiction in the statement. If she had no business in dueling anyone, why would she instantly go all out with everything she had? If it was to test the extent of her power, it was a "business" whether she thinks so or not.

You cannot ditch aside the fact she was the one to invoke the duel in the first place ;x

EDIT: I faintly remember you stating she was quite eager to test her powers against real magic users, but I am not sure if this was said in OOC or IC.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Passion said:

@Buck Testa

You are correct in stating she lost control of her magic, but I sense a small contradiction in the statement. If she had no business in dueling anyone, why would she instantly go all out with everything she had? If it was to test the extent of her power, it was a "business" whether she thinks so or not.

You cannot ditch aside the fact she was the one to invoke the duel in the first place ;x

EDIT: I faintly remember you stating she was quite eager to test her powers against real magic users, but I am not sure if this was said in OOC or IC.

You are right that she absolutely WANTED to fight that duel. And she did want to test her abilities. And out of canon I was pushing for the duel to happen. 

However @Passion, do you allow a child to do whatever they want? Of course not. Children dont think through their actions. They dont always understand the inherent danger of what they are doing. A kid runs out into the middle of the road not because they want to get hit by a car, but because they arent paying attention to the car. 

It is up to the adults to see and discern when a situation is dangerous, because the kid doesnt necessarily have that foresight yet. You can train them up to understand, and that is no easy task. They will rebel against rules they dont understand or see the value in, but it is up to you to enforce them for their own good.

TLDR: Of course Dru wanted to do that, however anyone properly paying attention (in canon I must emphasize here) would not have let it happen. 

• Brohoof 2

I do not aim to belittle your statements or how right you are by any means, I hope you don't misunderstand me!

The thing I want to pay attention to is that, following this line of reasoning, the fact that child is just a child does not free them from the consequences that will befall them after the deed is done. Quite the contrary. Their actions should be rectified to make sure that they'll know for future it's wrong.

If your or my child did something as dangerous, I very much doubt you'd just wave your hand at them stating "It's okay they're just children.". The consequences of her actions will meet her if required. And it's absolutely fine IC if she feels that her guilt is nowhere to be found. But OOC we both know that she is at fault even though she might not perceive it that way IC. The process of dealing with children does not limit itself to preventive measures only, but also includes the corrective ones as well.

IC, if Ira was there, I'd normally have her ridicule Ghalan for even considering accepting to duel a child. And, let's be brutally honest, Ley couldn't give a damn so I had her ignore the situation. But as you're saying you've pushed OOC for the duel, and in fact it was the main factor I had Duality type out Ley's and Wave's posts together. Because I didn't want you to wait and get bored in eternity while awaiting for this event to happen. I knew that library arc can stretch out for a bit, what would be painful for you, so I pushed for convincing Dual to type it in together. I didn't want to resign of it. I've actually done it to save you some time and nerves waiting :P Trust me, I know very well how RPs can get stuck in one single moment for months, discussing things at dinner which should last for 30 minutes for example.

All in all, the end target here is for us to have fun, not our characters. And yeah, you can state that it was not her fault. I will agree with the fact that she SHOULD have been stopped and it should not have happened. But where would be the fun then? So although we both might believe it's not her fault, the IC characters do not have to, and you might need to deal with some consequences. Light or heavy, it depends only on how people perceive this should be handled by their characters.

TL;DR: She's made her choices as a child and now as every child would she'll face the consequences of them.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not saying she shouldn't be rectified @Passion, nor am I saying "it's okay they're just children." 

What I have been saying this whole time is the fault is as much the adults in charge as herself. You cannot point a finger at a specific person (in canon) and say it is solely their fault. This was a failure for everyone involved from the teachers on down.

(Outside of canon it was a blast and I regret none of it lol)

I can see where you are thinking I'm trying to get her out of trouble, but you are misreading my intent. Are you forgetting I said Duality will be putting dampeners on Dru's magic, placed to 1% power? She should absolutely be disciplined, however what she should NOT have is sole responsibility. This was a perfect storm of bad decisions of way too many people (in canon) for that to be the case.

Does that make sense?

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 2

@dragon4111 to lilith he as the older one should of stopped the match before it got out of hand. She will blame the student for if she is hearing right cant control power all the way that she shouldnt be eager to spar and end up destroying the school with ghalan. True we have people to help rebuild but to her the first week will be them cleaning up rubble without powers to set example 

Dr. Duality's not really the sort to blame certain people to the exclusion of all others, but she'll definitely be asking how the duelling pentagrams she so painstakingly maintained were circumvented with no apparent effort. :P

@Denim&Venom @Passion @Buck Testa @Arid_Blitz @dragon4111 @reader8363 

How long do we all want to timeskip for? A full week or more like a few days?

The duelling hall could probably be up and running within a fortnight or so, since there's some pretty skilled geomancers etc. employed by the university who can assist, so the construction would be well underway post-timeskip. Does anyone have any changes or events or anything that they want to have taken place in the skipped time? Any relationship-building will have to be discussed with the other roleplayer/s involved, of course.

There's also the matter of disciplinary consequences for Mindy, Miko, Ghalan, and Ira for variously contributing to the utter demolition of the hall. Dru's already been issued suppression bracelets; it seems realistic that the pair of staff who messed up the duelling runes, the duelling opponent who was partially responsible for the white-hole explosion, and the other teacher implicated in the explosion may potentially face repercussions for the whole affair as well. Nothing close to suspension of duty or anything, since it was a collection of accidents and underestimations, but perhaps some clipping of magical wings, so to speak (not to single out Frosthawk :P). Denim, Dragon, and Passion: let me know what you think would be reasonable and I can issue appropriate sentences. :-P

11 minutes ago, Duality said:

@Denim&Venom @Passion @Buck Testa @Arid_Blitz @dragon4111 @reader8363 

How long do we all want to timeskip for? A full week or more like a few days?

The duelling hall could probably be up and running within a fortnight or so, since there's some pretty skilled geomancers etc. employed by the university who can assist, so the construction would be well underway post-timeskip. Does anyone have any changes or events or anything that they want to have taken place in the skipped time? Any relationship-building will have to be discussed with the other roleplayer/s involved, of course.

There's also the matter of disciplinary consequences for Mindy, Miko, Ghalan, and Ira for variously contributing to the utter demolition of the hall. Dru's already been issued suppression bracelets; it seems realistic that the pair of staff who messed up the duelling runes, the duelling opponent who was partially responsible for the white-hole explosion, and the other teacher implicated in the explosion may potentially face repercussions for the whole affair as well. Nothing close to suspension of duty or anything, since it was a collection of accidents and underestimations, but perhaps some clipping of magical wings, so to speak (not to single out Frosthawk :P). Denim, Dragon, and Passion: let me know what you think would be reasonable and I can issue appropriate sentences. :-P

I think one or two weeks would suffice. Everyone cool with that?