Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

@dragon4111 @Key Sharkz

I'm going to put my response to Ghalan/Cynthia entering Duality's classroom on the backburner until Denim, Passion, and/or Buck get a chance to post. The stream of posts you put up serves very well to give Cynthia a big starting boost into the RP's story, but we must make sacrifices so the sorry folks with a productive day job can keep up somehow. :P

11 minutes ago, Duality said:

@dragon4111 @Key Sharkz

I'm going to put my response to Ghalan/Cynthia entering Duality's classroom on the backburner until Denim, Passion, and/or Buck get a chance to post. The stream of posts you put up serves very well to give Cynthia a big starting boost into the RP's story, but we must make sacrifices so the sorry folks with a productive day job can keep up somehow. :P

I'll wait, just @ me when you need me. :P Until then, I'll just observe.

1 minute ago, Buck Testa said:

Can someone give me a rundown on who is where and who is doing what? 

I understand @dragon4111 and @Key Sharkz are outside, but I am absolutely lost as to what's going on in the class. 

I don't think much has happened at all since your last post. Ghalan left shortly after Dru yelled out, Ley left or may still be leaving shortly after Dru yelled out, and I think it's Denim's post so Miko can react to Dru yelling out and Ley's mocking from the doorway.

On 2/13/2019 at 9:50 PM, Buck Testa said:

Name: Frankie Gardner 

appearance: 

Personality: Frankie is a bundle of insecurities and fears trying to pass himself off as a confident person. He wants to put his best foot forward, but his instincts on how to do that are terrible. When he first discovered his power over fire, he thought that would translate to a fast track to success. However that hasn't really been the case. He is quick to shift allegiance with someone if it means he can place himself in a better position. 

Backstory: Frankie actually lives outside of campus in an apartment building, as well as working a part time job at a retail store while he goes to Salem University. He hopes that attending the University can open up work opportunities for him. He's still trying to get out of the high-school mindset, which can definitely get him into trouble in a school with super powered individual. He is a Pyromancer, however his combat effectiveness isn't really that great at the moment. At most he can shoot some fire balls and make fire in the area stronger or weaker, but he's going to need to rely on his training in the school to learn more than that. 

He is of slightly above average intelligence, with a great affinity for cooking (he can manipulate the heat distribution and intensity with a rather passable degree of control). 

I swear, I could potentially have SO MUCH FUN with this guy as Ley. He's so... ...NOBODY! For her, that is. I envisioned their meeting and figured that if he wanted to personally get her to tell his her name she'd literally have to talk him down and tell him that if he even wants to have a hope of learning it from her directly, he'd need to duel her for it rofl.

Too bad he doesn't do conflict well :x

Thaaaaaaat being said. At everyone in here, and I will bold it out so you people know I mean it. If anybody ever fights Ley or Ira, I WILL request the mutual control of both characters for both of us. Obviously, not for coming up with spells and tactics, but for the fluidity of combat. If we were to make an attack and react to every single attack as well, this will literally go dry after 3 posts, with snail speed. The combat should be fluid. An exchange of blows of all sorts. Still, if the spell had gigantic effect and would influence combat, then obviously you just cast it and leave your fellow writer to react to it.

It is not imperative that we dodge everything with our characters. It is imperative we estimate how much damage, if any, they have taken from the attack if obviously these attacks are half-assed and made ONLY to keep the pace of combat. There's nothing wrong with allowing ourselves get hit. The wrong begins if we attempt to remain untouchable and literally dodge everything, no matter how powerful it would be :x

9 hours ago, Passion said:

Miko knows ballet. I simply demand to hear a justification for this :D

Parents enrolled her in young. She didn't like it. Parents wanted her to stay in. So they compromised with her and said that if she stuck with ballet, she could take lessons in martial arts outside of her family's Jujitsu dojo, namely Jeet Kun Do. 

What they get for letting her watch Marlowe and The Big Boss as a kid. 

Keep it on topic guys.

@Buck Testa I doubt anyone in the room actually posted ever since the last time you've asked and we requested Key/Dragon to slow down a bit. I am currently just waiting for Denim really because I'm not in position to just leave without giving him a chance to react.

Ergo, nothing really happened ever since your last enquiry. Ghalan left, Miko's in the class with you and Kat, Ley just finished her goodbyes and is about to leave if not stopped. (got plans what to do next either way, decision is up to people in the room).