Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

6 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

@Denim&Venom I think you're missing something pretty big here. 

We are at this school to LEARN those spells and incantations and potions and scrolls and what not. Yes Dru doesn't say incantations and stuff for now, but that is specifically because she has no idea how. I've made that pretty clear in her characterization that she's really just winging it with her magic and that she's woefully uneducated in how it all really works, which has lead to a lot of dangerous situations. Dru is powerful sure, but she's going to school to learn how to control that power WITH all that stuff you mentioned. 

In other words, it's not magical yet because school hasn't really started yet. Once the students start learning the spells they'll start using them. I'm certainly looking forward to do that with Dru. 

I mean that it hasn't been implied there are really any spells to teach or that there's anything beyond learning ones powers outside vague concepts like being focused and having clarity. We haven't really established what there is to learn. Just they way we've been playing it's just been think about what you want to do and *bam* it happens. Kinda why I went with more practical classes like Miko's Indy Crit or history with Mindy for the next one. Everything's a bit vague.

I mean I haven't seen any of the staff use much in the way of scrolls and incantations. Ghalan just lifted a tank with a thought. Miko became a walking PA because she wanted to. Ira summoned ice armor with no real effort. And so far none of the classes we have planned really delve into how all this is taught and how it's applied. There aren't really any indications that power can be better controlled with specific actions like scrolls and incantations.

I mean it'd be a fun concept to add. Every student has a specific way of initiating magic but they have to figure out what. Is it incantation? Is it hand signs? Is it through scrolls? Do they need a wand or staff? Must it be done through interpretive dance? Do these effect how strong the powers are or their frequency of use? Does being in the presence of said element effect anything? Can another element be learned? What is setting our mages apart from mutants and metahumans?

In short: Yes they are they're to learn. But it hasn't been made clear specifically what and how? 

@Duality

I think this game is a great concept on paper but we're finding flaws with the execution. 

Why are we arguing about the tank? If the character wants a tank they can have one. Dru called her out on it but that's just cause that's in her character to do so. Personally there's stranger things than a tank at this school lol. 

2 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Why are we arguing about the tank? If the character wants a tank they can have one. Dru called her out on it but that's just cause that's in her character to do so. Personally there's stranger things than a tank at this school lol. 

See the source image

2 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Denim&Venom

Yep Ghalan has enough common sense to know not to get a russian tank.

Should she have bought American instead? 

2 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Denim&Venom

again which is illegal can't have an armed tank in the usa.

Well fortunate for us we're not in the USA. Heck I'm not even sure there is a USA in this world. 

Besides any enhancements to make the firing system inoperable can be undone. 

5 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Denim&Venom

It is based in our world dude.

And I quote from the opening post 

[Based in an alternate Earth.]

An alternate earth where America may very well not exist. Or it does. But it doesn't have laws against driving a fully functioning tank on public roads.