Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

We're finally out of that stuffy school auditorium. Orientation tours are a go. :D

Sorry for this recent streak of silence - to @dragon4111, @Mentis Soliloquy, and @Denim&Venom especially -, my study decided to dish out a super effective triple-combo of projects and took my brain out of service for a good few weeks.

I'll hopefully be prepared for any further such occurrence and thus avoid a repeat of DMing dead-air deluxe. :sealed:

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:19 PM, BloodDrops said:

Can I join as zombie professor

Or processor blood

@Denim&Venom spoke truly; you can join as a professor of necromancy, but I'm not entirely sure whether it would be possible in the RP's magical canon for you to join as an actual undead. (@Arid_Blitz? What's your take?)

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Duality said:

We're finally out of that stuffy school auditorium. Orientation tours are a go. :D

Sorry for this recent streak of silence - to @dragon4111, @Mentis Soliloquy, and @Denim&Venom especially -, my study decided to dish out a super effective triple-combo of projects and took my brain out of service for a good few weeks.

I'll hopefully be prepared for any further such occurrence and thus avoid a repeat of DMing dead-air deluxe. :sealed:

@Denim&Venom spoke truly; you can join as a professor of necromancy, but I'm not entirely sure whether it would be possible in the RP's magical canon for you to join as an actual undead. (@Arid_Blitz? What's your take?)

Yeah I don't mind being a professor of necromancy

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, BloodDrops said:

Yeah I don't mind being a professor of necromancy

Even if you're not an undead?

We might be able to allow for being both, but that would depend on @Arid_Blitz; he came up with the magical lore for this RP.

1. Dante Wubbington
  2. Special Case: Multi-power, Magitek Inventor & self-taught mage
    -Requip/Spacial Magic: 
     *Requip Magic: She uses this type of magic to swap out weapons on the fly. She's able to use this magic to requip Mana Drives, which allows her to use one type of magic depending on the Mana Drive.
     *Spacial Magic: She uses this to teleport in combat or to teleport to places when she doesn't feel like walking. She can also walk on walls & ceilings as well as fly/float with Spatial Magic.
    -Transformation Magic: She has a spell that allows her to temporarily transform into an Alicorn until her energy runs out, which means that it depends on how often she casts spells while she's in her Alicorn form. The more she casts spells in her Alicorn form, the faster she reverts back to her base form. However, she can stay in her Alicorn form longer through sheer force of will if needed, which will cause her to go unconscious the longer she forces herself to stay in her Alicorn form, and when she falls unconscious, she is forcefully reverted back to her base form.
  3. 1st year student pelajae (Kirin Unicorn); Anthro Scale: 2 (The only humanoid quality that she has is standing on her hind hooves. Beyond that, she still looks like a Pony with no other defining humanoid features.)
Edited by Dante Wubbington
  • Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, BloodDrops said:

I can be both or just a zombie

Arid should be over within a day or two from what he told me. Sorry for the delay. :adorkable:

5 hours ago, Dante Wubbington said:
  1. Dante Wubbington
  2. Special Case: Multi-power & self-taught
    -Fire: She "mains" Fire Magic in combat & she uses Fire Magic in the forging process when creating her weapons or Magitek inventions.
    -Metal/Earth: She's more attuned to Metal than Earth
    -Lightning: She uses Lightning Magic to give herself a reaction time of 0.01 seconds.
    -Water/Ice: Uses Water Magic to cool heated metals while forging weapons, or parts for her Magitek inventions. She also uses Ice & Water magic for defensive purposes in Combat, which includes making Ice Walls to block attacks & mixing Fire and water Magic to create steam for her smokescreens.
    -Dark/Light: depending on her mood, she'll be be more attuned to either Light (Positive emotions) or Darkness (Negative emotions like anger, jealousy, and any other emotion that's not sadness or depression). Also, her Light or Dark Magic is usually used to enhance her Fire, Ice or Water Magic. However, she has somehow learned how to use Dark Magic to use shadows to "program" things when doing the programming for her Magitek devices. (The inspiration for this particular aspect of her Dark Magic was from a "Displaced" Fic that I read on FiMFiction.net)
    -Time/Gravity/Spacial Magic: She uses these 3 types of magic for training & combat purposes.
     *Gravity Magic: She uses this magic to help train her body. In combat, she can either increase or decrease her weight at will.
     *Time Magic: She uses Time Magic to either slow down or stop time for 10 seconds.
     *Spacial Magic: She uses this to teleport in combat or to teleport to places when she doesn't feel like walking. She can also walk on walls & ceilings as well as fly/float with Spatial Magic.
    -Healing Magic: Consists of magic that heals injuries, spells that cure people of poisoning, paralysis, and other ailments.
    -Audiomancer: She's also a DJ that plays either her own original mixes or plays a requested song with her Audiomancy.
    -Magitek Inventor
    -Transformation Magic: She has a spell that allows her to temporarily transform into an Alicorn until her energy runs out, which means that it depends on how often she casts spells while she's in her Alicorn form. The more she casts spells in her Alicorn form, the faster she reverts back to her base form. However, she can stay in her Alicorn form longer through sheer force of will if needed, which will cause her to go unconscious the longer she forces herself to stay in her Alicorn form, and when she falls unconscious, she is forcefully reverted back to her base form.
    -Weapons/Items Enchanter
    -Mage Blacksmith
  3. 1st year student pelajae (Kirin Unicorn); Anthro Scale: 2 (The only humanoid quality that she has is standing on her hind hooves. Beyond that, she still looks like a Pony with no other defining humanoid features.)

I'm afraid multipowers are generally restricted to wielding a maximum of three general forms of magic, just to keep things balanced.

Just whittle her powers down a few and she should be fine for the RP, though; all else seems in order.

1 hour ago, reader8363 said:

@Duality @Arid_Blitz
Quick question, and if it's already mentioned sorry, are there dorms or do the faculty and students go home after school?

Definitely dorms, but all we've established thus far is that students have dorms segregated by power type and teachers have entirely-off-limits-to-students-except-under-exceptional-circumstances dorms.

5 hours ago, Arid_Blitz said:

@BloodDrops

necromancy isnt all about undead and raising it, it's an understanding of death, the ability to raise dead comes with it sure but, more times then not a necromancer is wanting to understand death, life and stuff

also JESUS Christ on a cracker in space @Dante Wubbington 12 magics we teach students not gods XD

But she can be a zombie necromancer 

2 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Khajiit

So does Khajiit like to sneak?-jokingly-

Fool.

qyHx90v.png

Khajiit was spotted only because Khajiit allowed so.

Nevertheless, I am prone to taking interest in more advanced roleplays that present a level of comprehensiveness to them. Please do not mind me and apologies for barging into OOC without any substantial, topic-related input.

Carry on, nothing to see here.

• Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, Dante Wubbington said:
  1. Dante Wubbington
  2. Special Case: Multi-power, Magitek Inventor & self-taught mage
    -Requip/Spacial Magic: 
     *Requip Magic: She uses this type of magic to swap out weapons on the fly. She's able to use this magic to requip Mana Drives, which allows her to use one type of magic depending on the Mana Drive.

This looks great, but I do have one question: what do you mean by 'Mana Drives'? I've never heard of them before.

1 hour ago, Arid_Blitz said:

Zombie no, you could have some skeletal features and stuff. Basically the missing skin would of been used in experiments or even just normal decay 

hmm ok then

The best way that I can explain how my version of Mana Drives work is that, when requipped, they allow the user to use spells of one type of magic depending on which type Mana Drive it is. Think of Genesect's Techno Blast when Genesect holds one of it's Drives, Techno Blast's type is affected by said Drive.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Arid_Blitz said:

I was thinking it was how one magic was used in an rp...it was with cores and each one did a different thing but the person themselves didn't have magic 

Anyway, my OC's Mana Drives are Magitek devices she built to allow her to use magic that she normally can't cast. Let's say that she has a Mana Drive for Time Magic requipped, it would allow her access to Time spells.

However, my OC is only able to use Requip magic, Spacial magic & Transformation magic when you remove her Mana Drives from the equation.

• Brohoof 1