Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

45 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Dante Wubbington

Well time magic seems op to me.

That was just an example Dragon. Also, if I were to give my OC a Time Mana Drive, the most she'll be able to do is slow/stop time for 10 seconds. Not going to do that "Oh? You hit me? Too bad! REWIND!!!" sh*t there. Rewinding Time is THE most OP thing anyone can do with Time Magic & I already dealt with someone trying that bullsh*t on me.

Edited by Dante Wubbington

8 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Dante Wubbington

I know. But she does seem like a special case.

3 magics heh just like Ghalan.

@Dante Wubbington

Well not exactly like him but agh never mind I'm shutting up.

Let's just say that RPing with someone that has an Overpowered Goddess Sunset that can control time just to undo what I had in mind was one of the MOST frustrating things I had to deal with & decided to make it be pointless for him by using a villain with time powers make anything Sunset does be Paradox-free just to keep her from accidentally destroying all of creation. And that was in an RP that I'm still running on Facebook. That incident was around a year ago.

She had to kind of work her way into being a Goddess though. Also, she's basically a living Omnitrix right now. The "Kingdom Hearts: Friendship is Magic" Sunset Shimmer is such a f*cked up version of Sunset, DNA-wise, that it's not funny. Hell, the guy controlling her had made turning her into a child every time she gets new DNA into a running gag & it's just annoying. I mean, first she was born a "Uninix' (a term I've come up with for Unicorn/Phoenix hybrids), then he started adding DNA to her. I mean it was funny the first few times but it kept getting old.

1 minute ago, Dante Wubbington said:

She had to kind of work her way into being a Goddess though. Also, she's basically a living Omnitrix right now. The "Kingdom Hearts: Friendship is Magic" Sunset Shimmer is such a f*cked up version of Sunset, DNA-wise, that it's not funny. Hell, the guy controlling her had made turning her into a child every time she gets new DNA into a running gag & it's just annoying. I mean, first she was born a "Uninix' (a term I've come up with for Unicorn/Phoenix hybrids), then he started adding DNA to her. I mean it was funny the first few times but it kept getting old.

Sounds like it friend sounds like it. Honestly it's a pain sometimes. I had a rper actually had her oc as a naturally born alicorn in a fallout rp I had.

Just now, Dante Wubbington said:

Oh & I recently forced KH: FiM into a sort of reboot, only as a sort of "New Game +".

So a new game plus I wish Kingdom hearts actually had that feature.

Also, I've put in a plot device that forces her to use only 30% of her power level along with locking a lot of her abilities to the forms that they came with so that she can't use abilities that aren't native to the form she's currently in, which was after forcing Sunset to snap & turn into a "Righteous Villain".

9 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

Yep and I'm not the guy that approves I'm one of the rpers. But the spatial magic hmm that's going to be tough for Ghalan if he has to punish her.

As if she'd cause him trouble. She'll probably try to help him keep the school grounds clean when she finds time.

Ghalan's an interesting janitor lol. Also, I meant the Profile that's in the "Roleplay Characters" discussion lol

Lol enough power to crush the school but is merely satisfied in protecting it as it's mere janitor. of course crushing things into nothing makes being a janitor so much easier wouldn't you agree?

1 minute ago, dragon4111 said:

Lol enough power to crush the school but is merely satisfied in protecting it as it's mere janitor. of course crushing things into nothing makes being a janitor so much easier wouldn't you agree?

Eeyup. 

So, I wanted to get back to writing things and this thread will be my battlefield... perhaps. I haven't seen any really dedicated Water/Cce teachers/characters in here yet, and I don't want to get into this with a cavalcade of characters either, therefore...:

(Warning: Backstory might be long, I do not know at this point. I tend to type too much, but will really try to compress it.)

CHARACTER #1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Ira "Frosthawk" of the Kirith family, 2nd of her name.

Position: Ice/Water Practical Teacher (can be discussed if other chars are needed plot-wise to make slight alterations)

Appearance:

Hair: Gingery, ending just below the shoulders, thick, flowing and unruly, however very well tended to.

Eyes: Medium size, Green, short eyelashes, thinly trimmed brows.

Face: Sharp facial features with short nose, medium sized lips.

Silhouette: Slim, not overly athletic, 170cm (5'7" in) height, average legs to arms to body proportions, below average chest features.

Apparel: Usually seen wearing leather half-armor, based on old ages and altered to serve much more civil purposes. The cleavage it offers is covered with a dark green rugged and seemingly dated shirt. Wearing mostly her favourite brown, simple tight britches with intendations above the half of her thighs. The intendations are conjoined with sturdy strings reaching to the very belt. The shoes are of a bit darker brown shade, much more practical rather than elegant.

Personality: Borderline insubordinate, arbitrary and lawless with no respect of authority. Lazy in day-to-day life. Patient and observing, with attention to details. Witty and intelligent. Determined to reach her targets. Realistic and trustworthy to those who get to know her. Reliable. Hard outside shell with soft soul. Honorless in combat.

Backstory: Born into a wealthy and influential family on the southern shelves of Scandinavian coasts, consisting of parents, 2 sisters (older and younger) and an older brother. Her upbringing was ladylike, filled with service and joy. At the age of 7 however, she had shown an affinity to magic which was spotted by her guardians as she played in snow and started forming sculptures out of it, using nothing but her own will. Initial unrest and shock in the family was quickly replaced with sightings of new opportunities, as Ira had shown her control was rather stable, having no more than three incidents, only one of which required medical care for one of bystanders.

As she grew up, her education fell on further plan while her parents allowed her to practice her art in utmost secrecy. They made best efforts to emphasize on her talent, imported her books required for learning and hired many-a private teachers. Despite their efforts, however, Ira never expressed any potency in other elemental forms of magic (except some affinity to air), nor towards the mystical energies of light or darkness. It was during that time she undertook archery for the first time as well as a form of relaxation.

Her education progressed and it was decided she will be sent to Salem to complete it. 2 years before being sent to the University, Ira unintentionally stumbled upon her mother's business correspondence, which she did not hesitate to read through out of sheer curiosity. The letters spoke of her being used as a tool for securing transactions, showing power and, in borderline scenarios, blackmailing. The discovery sent Ira furious, however she kept the rage to herself as her upbringing did not encourage unladylike behaviour. With this day, however, she started becoming rebellious, changing her demeanor, apparel and lifestyle.

She was eventually sent to the University as planned, even though her behaviour did not go unnoticed, and throughout its courses she perfected her practical use of magic, making it an art. The University expanded greatly on her skills, to a point where she excelled on practical tests of her element beyond measure (notably nearly failing some of theoretical ones). She might not know what always causes magic to work, but she knows how to cause it to work. As her education came to an end, Ira decided to stay in University and hire herself as a teacher of practical arts. She was gladly accepted.

That final act of rebellion sent her mother over the edge, and it took months for her to accept the decision. Her father, however, admitted to have seen that coming and did not stand in her way. More than that, he sounded scared of even opposing his daughter, or maybe it was Ira's imagination? Nevertheless, as a member of family, she was still (and still remains) entitled to having a percantage of its income for her disposal, what makes lack of funds seemingly non-existant. To this day, she annualy donates a substantial amount of her income towards the University's budget, however she kept the fact secret with only a few knowing about this (Uni faculty can choose themselves if they know about it or not, it will further dictate relationship she has with certain characters).

Nowadays, she can often be found on her unusual archery range constructed by her for her own needs, just beyond the University limits, as she never ceased practicing the art.

Magic (do you require specifics?):

Ice/water: Ira's triumph element, over years she learned how to find water in places it should not be visible for regular eye. She knows perfectly it's in every body, in air, clouds, steam, underground, plants... And will not hesitate to use that knowledge when necessary. In dry areas, she can handle herself although it requires a vast amount of energy and focus from her. Should someone, however, need to face her in swamps, near rivers, during rain or, especially, in snowy areas, they would face a formidable foe fiercly controlling a dangerous force of nature.

Thaumaturgy: Although the field of Thaumaturgy is more often associated with miracle working, Ira undertook the studies to further perfect her elemental control. The art of influencing physical world and objects with magic was deemed by her essential to be able to control the Ice and Water themselves, making them bend to her will as necessary without exerting unnecesary energy in the process. While she can perform some basic tricks with material objects, she mainly used the study to better herself in controlling her element.

Transmutation: The one area she is not proud of ever touching. Ira inadvertently learned how to manipulate the liquids to change their chemical strings. She realized instantly that such changes would have deadly effects if were to be used on one's blood or, after all humans consists in 70% out of water, body. This kind of magic, however, would require the person to be a regular human, or have literally no magical defenses set up. She hopes she'll never have to use it.

Word from author: To sum her up, she is supposed to be a really powerful Ice/Water type mage, however that would be the main field she excells in, leaving her vulnerable for anything that would be able to completely circumvent her frosty abilities. To not leave her absolutely helpless, I've added a physical weapon for her use in situations like these, although it would mostly probably act as a diversion. A reflexive bow made of best wood and horse strings.

CHARACTER #2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Ley

Gender: Female; Race: Human (technically Daemon, however will adjust it for the sake of RP); Age: 20;

Position: 1st year student

Appearance: (totally stealing this from official game page)

grand_chase___coordishop_by_akazawa_kun-

Ley_lounging.png

latest?cb=20130607091417

Day to day appearance:

latest?cb=20130502130410

Personality: Spoiled, overconfident, playful. Does not really care about well-being or safety of others. Self-absorbed and self-centered. Will not hesitate to manipulate others for her own needs. Loner by nature, forced to interact with students and faculty alike against her will. Naive and irresponsible. Explosive attitude should someone attempt to become a nuisance.

Backstory: Ley comes from an aristocratic family with a long heritage and tradition, hailing from outskirts of Syberia. Her ancestors and family members have always had affinity to magic, however throughout hundreds of years it was taboo inbetween the family to pursue its study. The magic itself was always frowned upon, and any traces of magical powers in lineage were mostly eliminated. If this was ever to become known, the entire family would be endangered to face persecution.

This changed with the birth of Ley. Her parents were both sensitive to magical element, and they both passed over their affinity unto Ley. Such occurance wasn't uncommon in past, however such members of the family would be isolated as soon as they would be able to live on their own. Ley had the luck of being born in different times.

Even at young age, she was prone to talking to imaginary friends, what often caused confusion between the servants. Unlike her parents, the staff was not aware of her powers until she grew of age. Before that, Ley would often be seen playing on her own, sometimes accompanied by a strange pup that looked unlike any other. She was quickly taught by her parents to hide her powers from the staff in order not to unnerve them and bring forth wrath of the commonfolk, as the history shown would happen if her powers were to be discovered. Ley hated it, but she was forced to obey the family and her ancestry.

The young girl was schooled in fire and dark elements mainly, but her affinity to talk to imaginary companions was soon discovered to be a horrifying one. She was somehow, through her dark element, connected with the realm of Daemons. Considering they were a treat to the humanity as a whole, this put a giant question mark over her future and, perhaps, even life. Nevertheless, being an only child, her parents took the risk and refused to banish their daughter. That is, until the events of her late teen years. While she was performing an advanced summoning ritual, one of many she had already done, she made a mistake and opened herself too much to the darkness. A split second was enough. Upon the eyes of her parents, dark energies swirled around her body, transforming her physical appearance and soon hiding her entire silhouette in dark, impervious cloud. As the cloud dissipated, she was held in arms of a well dressed, elderly Daemon, who looked surprisingly human-like. Ley's skin color was changed, along with most of her physical appearance. Her ears became longer and pointy, she had a clearly visible horn on one side of her head, while the other presented itself with three, smaller ones growing at the base of her forehead. But most imporantly, a pair of pinkish, see-through and clearly demonic in nature wings were spotted hanging helplessly towards the ground.

In an aftermath, it turned out Ley, by allowing herself carelessness, was in small part possessed by a spirit of a powerful Daemon, however she severed her connection with their realm just in time to remain in full power of her senses and conscioussness. The elderly Daemon, who presented himself as Jeeves, explained that by doing so, she signed accidentaly signed a pact. What was in the pact, nobody knew. Not even Ley nor Jeeves themselves. The pact however forces him to be at her services, no matter what kind of services these would be, and makes him her protector. The change left a scar on Ley's soul, as she felt she wasn't herself anymore, but in time has grown to accept what she became. Plus, having her own protector, who per chance proved to be an amazing butler, had its benefits.

Even though Jeeves quickly taught her control of her wings, to let her dematerialize them on demand, there was nothing that could be done about the remaining changes in her body. Family servants, upon being shown what happened to their beloved mistress, rebelled. Even though the times have changed, the tradition of isolating powerful magic users was too strongly rooted in their minds to let Ley remain on family's premises. Seeing no other solution, she was sent to Salem University, the only place that would hopefully accept her existance and let her turn her fate around. Her parents did not spare any wealth to make sure she has everything she requires, and Ley only took it as granted for their deicision.

Ley's appearance and ties to the demonic realm quickly made her a shunned outsider and a loner. She accepted that fate, especially since she had Jeeves, who would often prove more than enough company she required. Besides, in her youth she usually spoke with weird apparitions and "imaginary" friends. She was used to solitude.

Magic:

Dark: Ley's main element is Dark, as she uses the energies of darkness to fuel her Summonings. She has a number of summons ready at her hand, but there is one that requires no energy expenditure from her, that is Jeeves. Bound by the pact, Jeeves is quick to appear at the very snap of her fingers, however his powers are directly limited by the powers of his summoner. Although Jeeves is a Daemon of power beyond measure, his strenght is limited by the amount of energy Ley's body can withstand. This is because Jeeves uses Ley as medium to channel his strenght from the Daemon realm, should he use too much, he would risk the death of both of them.

Although she is not yet powerful enough to summon powerful, giant monsters to do her bidding in this world, she is capable of opening a few, short in duration portals through which she directs some of their attacks. Most of them are, however, physical, as the power she would require to allow their energy attacks to pass through the portal would be too great for her to handle.

Apart from that, she has a few, Dark energy attacks herself, mainly to keep the aggressors from getting close to her should Jeeves fail to do so.

Enchanting: As one of the gifts to control her powers, Ley was granted a claw gauntlet by her parents. It has a smooth, giant ruby encrusted in it. The gauntlet is a relic of the past and was used to augment one of her ancestor's abilities. In order to properly make use of it, Ley was taught the intricate techniques of enchanting, to let her understand how the tool worked. Since then, she ordered a flamboyant, over-the-top costume to be crafted for her. One that she could partially enchant herself, but would also instantly scream that, compared to her, everyone else are but maggots and peasants. Since then, she is most often seen wearing it nearly anywhere she goes, and the enchanted, incrusted rubies further serve to fuel the claw, which became her main tool of keeping her summons under control. The claw also serves as main point for her energy focus as she launches most of her attacks with its use.

Wings: NO, they do NOT allow her to fly freely. They do allow her to hover just above the ground level however (because heck, I want something cool too xD!) as an innate ability of hers, even when hidden. While hidden out of plain sight on a daily basis, they can be materialized in quick instant. While they serve no real purpose other than a cosmetic change to her body, they would indeed make many people think twice about who she is, and might be considered intimidating. They would also probably make everyone around her instantly hostile to her person... but it's not like she cares.

I will have no issues joining up anytime, and the fact assembly's over even makes it better for me! Lemme know what you think and if I should.