Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

(edited)
On ‎1‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:03 AM, Khajiit said:

(Warning: Backstory might be long, I do not know at this point. I tend to type too much, but will really try to compress it.)

Can't speak for everyone else, but I vastly prefer too much detail to not enough.

(do you require specifics?)

I find this question somewhat ironic given how more-than-sufficiently specific the following description is. :P

A reflexive bow made of best wood and horse strings.

humanely sourced i hope

some of our staff are horses

I will have no issues joining up anytime, and the fact assembly's over even makes it better for me! Lemme know what you think and if I should.

Ira looks absolutely spiffy; definitely approved for entry.

There has been talk between me and Arid of closing applications soon, though, so getting your intro post in quick before the roleplay starts getting into the swing of things might be a good idea.

17 hours ago, Dante Wubbington said:

Anyway, when I get on my PC next time, I'll post again. My phone seems unable to post in the IC thread of Salem University.

The middling-magnitude character limit for the RP might be the problem.

Edited by Duality

@Duality

Wonderful, then I shall be off to the posting area. And of course the string is absolutely harmlessly made, she might be mischevious but she is not evil!

@Arid_Blitz

I will take a freedom of letting Ira know Rouen, considering she's been there a bit. She kinda needs somebody to rely on and Rouen fits perfectly in that image. Aaand I will add a little bit of backstory between them, but it will not influence or reflect his personality.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Arid_Blitz,

That's kind of what her Magitek is. It uses the "Antimatter Manipulation Principle", or AMP for short. Her 3 types of magic are of magical nature while her Magitek is more Science than Magic, with a bit of magic mixed in by using Antimatter. Before anyone asks if I made that up, no I didn't, the information for AMP is on the Final Fantasy Wikia, & the link to the page is between this paragraph & the next one: 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Antimatter_Manipulation_Principle&ved=2ahUKEwjHu-XqlJzaAhUG8IMKHWj4BMAQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw05M4F3_UEJzOok22ODMkHO

If anything, she's old enough to at least be in her sophomore or junior year at a college right now & based on the fact that she said that she traveled the world for 8 years, that should be enough for someone to assume that she was intelligent enough to go to college before she was old enough to even be in middle school or high school & that she graduated from College at age 12, followed by an 8 year journey where she studies magic wherever she goes.

Edited by Dante Wubbington

(edited)

So, who would be the perfect roommate for my OC?

Oh & I will list any & all Magitek she has/had in her "inventory" if you'd like to ask me about them.

I almost forgot lol. She's keeping her Transformation magic under wraps to make sure that no one knows about it unless she's forced to go into her Alicorn form, in which case it would have to be a situation where her base form won't be enough for one reason or another (an example for this would be if someone is threatening to kill innocent bystanders if she doesn't go all out).

@Dante Wubbington I had a look at the post you made in the RP as I was reading to add my own post, you have to write a post with a minimum of 800 characters (image.png.5999f50925f45eb8fe6410961d9ad6f6.png this number the big one in my case 356 is this example has to say 800 when you post) in Advanced RP's, please go back and add more to it or I'll have to... Has to go ask about that one...

But it's just best if you add some more to your post ASAP and we can avoid any unpleasantries. 

In fact double checking you have to add more to both your posts as they are in the high 700's but that's not the minimum. 

• Brohoof 1

Taking a liberty to post a bit more often as the things happening between Rouen and Ira would be, in reality, moving fast. Aaaand this way people can barge in mid-scene if they want to.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Mentis Soliloquy said:

@Dante Wubbington I had a look at the post you made in the RP as I was reading to add my own post, you have to write a post with a minimum of 800 characters (image.png.5999f50925f45eb8fe6410961d9ad6f6.png this number the big one in my case 356 is this example has to say 800 when you post) in Advanced RP's, please go back and add more to it or I'll have to... Has to go ask about that one...

But it's just best if you add some more to your post ASAP and we can avoid any unpleasantries. 

In fact double checking you have to add more to both your posts as they are in the high 700's but that's not the minimum. 

Just added more to my posts lol

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Screw it, I'll just list her (current) Magitek anyway. Also, a heads up, she's kind of an Otaku & will cosplay during battle just for sh*ts and giggles. Her cosplay outfits are considered requip armor & she has plenty of settings for who she will cosplay as in battle, and some of those Cosplay Armor settings are based on Organization XIII.

-H.A.N.D.S.: The "Hoove Activated Nimble Dexterity Sleeves", these were invented by Dante so she can hold things like those that have real hands can. She can plug the Flame Drive, the Freezing Douse Drive, or the Storm Drive into one of her H.A.N.D.S. to be able to cast spells of the magic type of the corresponding Mana Drive(s). 

-H.A.T.C.H.: The "Hidden Arsenal Toolbox Collared Hammerspace device", a piece of magitek that allows the wearer to put their items into a pocket dimension called "Hammerspace". Any food stored in this piece of Magitek will NEVER go bad! Same goes for everything else that gets stored as well. A H.A.T.C.H. can work as a communication device, it tells time & (like stated eariler) can store your items in a secure pocket dimension as well as allow you to pull up Holomonitors to see how much money and items you have stored in it.

-H.A.D.: The "Hammerspace Armwear Device", it's basically a H.A.T.C.H. worn on a wrist. Dante has a lot of these that are stored & inactive until someone is given one of these & it's turned on by the new owner. H.A.T.C.H.es & H.A.D.s are Isomorphic to the wearer & are unhackable, which means only the wearer can use them & the item storage space is so big that it's practically infinite.

-Spare H.A.T.C.H.es & H.A.D.s that she can give out to others.

-Time Mana Drive (AKA: the Chrono Drive): It looks like a vintage Pocket Watch with the gears showing, hanging on a necklace-like chain.

-Fire Mana Drive (AKA: the Flame Drive): Looks like a red Flash Drive with a fire symbol on it. Plugs into her H.A.N.D.S.

-Ice/Water Mana Drive (AKA: The Freezing Douse Drive): Looks like a cyan Flash Drive. Plugs into her H.A.N.D.S.

-Lightning/Wind Mana Drive (AKA: The Storm Drive): Looks like a yellow Flash Drive. Plugs into her H.A.N.D.S.

-Light/Dark Mana Drive (AKA: The Light & Darkness Drive): It looks like a ponified Organization XIII Coat. It's primary purpose is giving Dante a Defensive stat boost of +13 & gives her a 25% resistance to Light and Darkness damage. It also allows her to use either Light or Darkness magic but never together and only if she wants to (with Darkness Magic, that almost never happens, while Light Magic is only used when she dual wields katanas).

(edited)
On 4/2/2018 at 1:05 AM, Arid_Blitz said:

@Dante Wubbington

Hey about your thing would you be willing to be power less and use artificial magic? Like you make items that contain blood of magic users Taken willingly of course and you made a way to let people use these? You would be a teacher to make kids understand other magics and how people work with em.

Yeeeeeah, about the "items containing blood" thing. I don't actually like that idea due to seeing blood be used for mind control in Doctor Who, which is why I'm using AMP-based Magitek for Dante so she can cast Magic she normally doesn't have in addition to her Requip magic, Spacial magic & her rarely used Transformation magic. Also, she's not some megalomaniac that would have ALL of her Mana Drives requiped at the same time.

Dante's Requip settings:

-Flowering Nights: Maid outfit that's reinforced with kevlar & enchanted to take all kinds of abuse, both during battle & from everyday life. Her Chrono Drive. Knives.

-The Superior of the In-Between: Light & Darkness Drive. Ethereal Blades.

-The Free Shooter: Light & Darkness Drive. Replica Arrow Guns that she forged from Vibranium. An Eyepatch that is actually a scouter disguised as an Eyepatch.

-The Whirlwind Lancer: Light & Darkness Drive. Storm Drive. Lances forged from Vibranium.

-The Chilling Academic: Light & Darkness Drive. Freezing Douse Drive. Vibranium Shield.

-The Cloaked Schemer: Light & Darkness Drive. Enchanted Lexicon that allows her to make very convincing illusions.

-The Flurry of Dancing Flames: Light & Darkness Drive. Flame Drive. Vibranium Chakrams.

-The Melodious Nocturne: Light & Darkness Drive. Freezing Douse Drive. Vibranium Sitar.

-The Gambler of Fate: Light & Darkness Drive. Chrono Drive. Enchanted Cards.

-The Savage Nymph: Light & Darkness Drive. Storm Drive. Vibranium Kunai Knives.

-The Key of Destiny: Light & Darkness Drive. Dual Vibranium Katanas.

-Luigi, Number One: Blue enchanted kevlar overalls. Green enchanted kevlar long sleeved shirt. White enchanted kevlar gloves. Flame Drive. Storm Drive.

-The Flame Alchemist, Roy Mustang: Blue Military outfit reinforced with enchanted kevlar. White Gloves made from enchanted kevlar with an alchemy circle on each of them like the ones on Roy Mustang's gloves (it's to make the cosplay look pretty convincing). Flame Drive.

9 hours ago, Dante Wubbington said:

Yeeeeeah, about the "items containing blood" thing. I don't actually like that idea due to seeing blood be used for mind control in Doctor Who, which is why I'm using AMP-based Magitek for Dante so she can cast Magic she normally doesn't have in addition to her Requip magic, Spacial magic & her rarely used Transformation magic.

The blood bit is how all magitech has to work in this RP, I'm afraid. We're not using the style of other intellectual properties; we have our own magical system set up, courtesy of Arid, and to keep everything balanced magitech has to work 'just so', just like all the other classes of magic we've integrated into the RP's premise.

We're having a bit of trouble figuring out how to keep your character from absolutely pwning everyone she challenges, unfortunately, and adding this limitation is the way we've decided to do it. The school will have a paid-blood-donation centre to keep people supplied with blood for their artificial magic and a class dedicated to teaching magic-users how other types of magic are used by allowing them to acquire those types of magic through magitech - on that note, if you so choose, you can even be the teacher of that class.

However, the relative rarity of spatial/temporal, 'requip', and transformational magic means that she'd have to keep a bit of an eye on how much she's using each of those abilities, since blood can only be safely donated something like once every six months in order to allow the donors' bodies time to replenish their blood. I'm thinking the depletion rate for the blood would be about one mL of blood every time she uses the relevant piece of magitech to perform the energy-equivalent of some appreciable feat of magic, but your input would be appreciated since we're effectively creating this category of magic for you.

• Brohoof 1

On ‎4‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, Dante Wubbington said:

Also, I guess she can be a Student/Teacher. That is possible, right?

A teacher for her speciality and a student in her other subjects? Definitely possible, but obviously tenured staff may pop in from time to time and make sure everything is going smoothly in regards to her lesson plans, because the responsibility of organising lectures in addition to keeping up-to-date on her own lectures would be fairly strenuous no matter how skilled she is in the art of magic. :P

(edited)

Would it be alright to have something similar to a Hyperbolic Time Chamber? If yes, my OC will be able to teach 15 days worth of lessons in a matter of 30 minutes. Also, suggestions for this HTC "knock-off" that will work just like it would in Dragonball? Cause the only name I can think of is the "Classroom of Time and Spirit", if only to poke fun at the Japanese name lol.