Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

12 hours ago, Duality said:
  1. All the different types of magic, with some specialties where applicable. Standard school subjects are taught as well, but they're still somewhat ill-defined due to being mostly outside the focus of the RP.
  2. Mostly generic NPCs, except where someone has applied for a teacher in that field. See IC teacher-speeches for a list of who teaches what.
  3. It's a very exclusive university accepting students from around the world and it is scaled proportionately. See my character's IC teacher-speech for a list of school buildings.
  4. Large, affluent, and as solidly built as metahumanly possible. The finer details are really up to you - I haven't specified its architectural style or anything -, but it was built within the past three or four decades.
  5. A bunch of magical weirdos doing magical-weirdo things. See IC posts for an idea of how much magical-weirdness and in what directions.
  6. Similar to the power levels of a skilled Equestrian unicorn. Generally speaking, if a teacher is unexpectedly shot at they can escape unharmed, if a teacher has a live grenade unexpectedly lobbed into the same room as them they can escape with only shrapnel scratches and minor burns, if a teacher has a live grenade unexpectedly lobbed directly at them they can escape with only a few gashes and broken bones, and if a teacher unexpectedly swallows a live grenade (let's be honest, who would see that coming) they can survive but not without immediate medical attention. Students are comparable in power to teachers but less well-trained and often less naturally powerful.
  7. I don't know either of those franchises well enough to compare, but the level of combat ranges between combative students and academic students. Combative students might pick fights with their peers on a weekly basis while academic students could go their entire school life without fighting anyone. Your average student would probably get involved in about one fight a semester.
  8. See points 3 and 4.

Been gone nearly 30 hours & I find this. Soul Eater is an awesome Anime/Manga series & Harry Potter was great when it came to the books, the movies? Not so much after the "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" movie. Don't get the wrong idea. This doesn't mean I'm coming back to participate in SU, I'm just going to check in on the RP to see if it will work or if it will flop. RPs that are as Realistic as SU have been known to not last long & scare off RPers. I'm expecting SU to die off within 6 months. If it lasts longer than that, I'll congratulate you Blitz & Duality. If not, I'll just give you an A for Effort anyway.

Edited by Dante Wubbington

I have edited my original application post to add 2nd character.

Link to the post

Ira's application was not changed, so no need to check it again. However, I've applied with Ley now, so any thoughts would be welcome. Tried keeping her tuned down, though in all reality it's not like I'll RP as if she was able to murder anyone on a whim. She does have some qualities that define her however I did not want to resign from completely, that is appearance and wings, so that's what I'd love to have evaluated.

If she cannot be 3rd year, gimmie the choices here and I'll readjust it.

Moreover, yes, Jeeves WILL be a character I will be roleplaying with along. However, I will still be focusing on interacting with others not between the two. Jeeves is an extension to Ley's will and powers. He's supposed to be the quiet, looming, old mysterious guy who just serves on a daily basis.

• Brohoof 1

@Duality

Alrighty, so I came up with her backstory: 

Dru was born to a very poor family. Her mother died when giving birth to her, and her father was not a very good man to put it lightly. While she was in her formative years, she was largely neglected and forced to fend for herself while her father racked up gambling and other varieties of debt with the Mafia. When she wasn't left to her own devices, he would take out his frustrations out on her and smack her around. He thought of her as nothing more than a burden until one day when he had seen her in their back yard. Once drab and brown, she had turned it into a lush garden of flowers and plants of all types. She seemed to be able to manipulate them at will, changing their colors and making them dance and grow. He immediately saw potential in this and roughly snagged her from the yard and placed her in front of a drug plant. He screamed at her to make it grow like she did with the plants outside, and she did as he commanded. He saw his chance to get out of debt, as he was very close to being killed if he didn't produce the money he owed. 

He dragged his daughter in front of the Don and forced her to perform the same miracle for them with their drug crops. They were indeed astonished by her ability and interested in her, but the Don was not happy with how this was going down. As scary a man as he was, he held family in the highest virtue. So seeing a father roughly selling his daughter to them to save his own hide was the height of disrespect. The Don talked to the girl in front of her father and he asked a few simple questions. Was her father mean to her? Did she think the Don was nice? What if she didn't need to be smacked around by her father anymore? 

To her dad's horror, Dru was surprisingly cold for her age and said she would love the idea. With that, her father was dragged screaming out of their sight, and Dru never saw her father again. 

From that day on, she lived with the Don on his estate and put her new found skills to use. The Don and her got along quite well, and there was a grandfather/granddaughter bond between them. Not only did she develop their drugs into the most desired stuff on the market, she also used her powers in other ways, like developing plants to defend against intruders and undetectable poisons.

The Don paid her for her efforts with the best education his considerable wealth could afford. She soaked up the knowledge like a sponge, surprising and even alarming the teachers and tutors who spent time with her. She was proving herself to be a prodigy more and more each day, skipping entire grades as the months and years passed. 

Eventually, word of their Druantia reached to the Mafia's competition. The stories of the young prodigy girl who could turn your product into some of the best drugs the world had ever seen was something they wanted a piece of. Kidnapping attempts were made, but thanks to her training and her own ability, none of them were ever successful. She wasn't one who needed weapons or anything of the sort, since she had things on her person who could fell a man three times her size. 

Still, the Don saw better for her than a life in the Mafia. She had the mind and the ability to be anything she desired. At her young age of eleven, soon to be twelve, she could attend any university she wanted with a guaranteed free ride based on her academics alone. Though he was giving up an invaluable resource to his Mafia's wealth, he was willing to do so for someone he considered a granddaughter. She was reluctant to go, knowing they needed her, but she respected the Don's wishes. 

Dru's criminal ties are not widely known outside of particular social circles. Those who really looked into her family and past could probably figure it out, but it's not immediate public knowledge that she's an adopted granddaughter of a powerful Mafia head. That said, there are powerful people who would kill to have her in their possession and have her work for them, and word of her being outside of the Don's Estate would inevitably get out. It is understandable that the Don would have people keeping an eye on her and making sure she's okay while in the University. 

It also isn't widely known that this Druantia has killed before, but being with the Mafia so long makes such a thing to be expected. She's defended herself and that estate on a few occasions, and she knows how to make weapons and poisons that would both be deadly and untraceable. While she is a friendly and awkward person normally, that cold eyed girl who could condemn her father to death without a thought is in there as well. Whether she will turn "good" or "evil", only time will tell on that one. 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Khajiit said:

I have edited my original application post to add 2nd character.

Link to the post

Ira's application was not changed, so no need to check it again. However, I've applied with Ley now, so any thoughts would be welcome. Tried keeping her tuned down, though in all reality it's not like I'll RP as if she was able to murder anyone on a whim. She does have some qualities that define her however I did not want to resign from completely, that is appearance and wings, so that's what I'd love to have evaluated.

If she cannot be 3rd year, gimmie the choices here and I'll readjust it.

Moreover, yes, Jeeves WILL be a character I will be roleplaying with along. However, I will still be focusing on interacting with others not between the two. Jeeves is an extension to Ley's will and powers. He's supposed to be the quiet, looming, old mysterious guy who just serves on a daily basis.

This is a tricky one, but not through any fault of your own.

@Arid_Blitz has some very specific ideas in mind for the daemon realm, since it's central to the RP's later storyline. I frankly have no idea whether anything in Ley's backstory would contradict any of the daemon-realm features implicitly necessary to progress the plot, so I'm gonna have to leave it up to him to wrangle this one. :P

I've roused him from his hibernation via Discord, so he should be here in good time.

4 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

@Duality

Alrighty, so I came up with her backstory: 

Dru was born to a very poor family. Her mother died when giving birth to her, and her father was not a very good man to put it lightly. While she was in her formative years, she was largely neglected and forced to fend for herself while her father racked up gambling and other varieties of debt with the Mafia. When she wasn't left to her own devices, he would take out his frustrations out on her and smack her around. He thought of her as nothing more than a burden until one day when he had seen her in their back yard. Once drab and brown, she had turned it into a lush garden of flowers and plants of all types. She seemed to be able to manipulate them at will, changing their colors and making them dance and grow. He immediately saw potential in this and roughly snagged her from the yard and placed her in front of a drug plant. He screamed at her to make it grow like she did with the plants outside, and she did as he commanded. He saw his chance to get out of debt, as he was very close to being killed if he didn't produce the money he owed. 

He dragged his daughter in front of the Don and forced her to perform the same miracle for them with their drug crops. They were indeed astonished by her ability and interested in her, but the Don was not happy with how this was going down. As scary a man as he was, he held family in the highest virtue. So seeing a father roughly selling his daughter to them to save his own hide was the height of disrespect. The Don talked to the girl in front of her father and he asked a few simple questions. Was her father mean to her? Did she think the Don was nice? What if she didn't need to be smacked around by her father anymore? 

To her dad's horror, Dru was surprisingly cold for her age and said she would love the idea. With that, her father was dragged screaming out of their sight, and Dru never saw her father again. 

From that day on, she lived with the Don on his estate and put her new found skills to use. The Don and her got along quite well, and there was a grandfather/granddaughter bond between them. Not only did she develop their drugs into the most desired stuff on the market, she also used her powers in other ways, like developing plants to defend against intruders and undetectable poisons.

The Don paid her for her efforts with the best education his considerable wealth could afford. She soaked up the knowledge like a sponge, surprising and even alarming the teachers and tutors who spent time with her. She was proving herself to be a prodigy more and more each day, skipping entire grades as the months and years passed. 

Eventually, word of their Druantia reached to the Mafia's competition. The stories of the young prodigy girl who could turn your product into some of the best drugs the world had ever seen was something they wanted a piece of. Kidnapping attempts were made, but thanks to her training and her own ability, none of them were ever successful. She wasn't one who needed weapons or anything of the sort, since she had things on her person who could fell a man three times her size. 

Still, the Don saw better for her than a life in the Mafia. She had the mind and the ability to be anything she desired. At her young age of eleven, soon to be twelve, she could attend any university she wanted with a guaranteed free ride based on her academics alone. Though he was giving up an invaluable resource to his Mafia's wealth, he was willing to do so for someone he considered a granddaughter. She was reluctant to go, knowing they needed her, but she respected the Don's wishes. 

Dru's criminal ties are not widely known outside of particular social circles. Those who really looked into her family and past could probably figure it out, but it's not immediate public knowledge that she's an adopted granddaughter of a powerful Mafia head. That said, there are powerful people who would kill to have her in their possession and have her work for them, and word of her being outside of the Don's Estate would inevitably get out. It is understandable that the Don would have people keeping an eye on her and making sure she's okay while in the University. 

It also isn't widely known that this Druantia has killed before, but being with the Mafia so long makes such a thing to be expected. She's defended herself and that estate on a few occasions, and she knows how to make weapons and poisons that would both be deadly and untraceable. While she is a friendly and awkward person normally, that cold eyed girl who could condemn her father to death without a thought is in there as well. Whether she will turn "good" or "evil", only time will tell on that one. 

Oooh, that's spiffy.

Approved for entry.

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Duality said:

This is a tricky one, but not through any fault of your own.

@Arid_Blitz has some very specific ideas in mind for the daemon realm, since it's central to the RP's later storyline. I frankly have no idea whether anything in Ley's backstory would contradict any of the daemon-realm features implicitly necessary to progress the plot, so I'm gonna have to leave it up to him to wrangle this one. :P

I've roused him from his hibernation via Discord, so he should be here in good time.

I kept that in the back of my mind when writing this one out. Found it actually very motivating, as it would allow Ley to gain a new layer in terms of character growth. Possibilites of being shunned by community around her in general. An outcast, not necessarily of her own choice.

Then again yeah, not knowing how the realm works myself put me in a bit awkward position, but I decided to roll with it. She seems just too perfect of an opportunity to skip. EDIT: If there are no major contradictions though, I'd love to have her in. It's not like she knows how Daemon realm works and not like Jeeves is going to even elaborate on it at any given point in time. EDIT 2: After reading through it again, fresh minded, I might have allowed my imagination roam to far away without taking world setting into consideration :l

• Brohoof 1

Hope you all liked my opening post. Gave it a bit of spoopy factor for ya lol. I have a sort of "beautiful flower with deadly thorns" both in personality and powerset. She'll be a hoot to play.

2 hours ago, Khajiit said:

I kept that in the back of my mind when writing this one out. Found it actually very motivating, as it would allow Ley to gain a new layer in terms of character growth. Possibilites of being shunned by community around her in general. An outcast, not necessarily of her own choice.

Then again yeah, not knowing how the realm works myself put me in a bit awkward position, but I decided to roll with it. She seems just too perfect of an opportunity to skip. EDIT: If there are no major contradictions though, I'd love to have her in. It's not like she knows how Daemon realm works and not like Jeeves is going to even elaborate on it at any given point in time. EDIT 2: After reading through it again, fresh minded, I might have allowed my imagination roam to far away without taking world setting into consideration :l

She looks great, and normally I'd approve her without a second thought, but I haven't a clue whether she puts any important lore in a twirl.

@Arid_Blitz should get here soon enough, though, he's the man in charge of canon so he'll sort things out. Sorry for the wait.

7 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Hope you all liked my opening post. Gave it a bit of spoopy factor for ya lol. I have a sort of "beautiful flower with deadly thorns" both in personality and powerset. She'll be a hoot to play.

Gave me chills. ^_^

She'll be an interesting player in the game.

@Khajiit I like it but, the demon part I'm iffy on it hmm hit me up on discord we can discuss it a bit

me and @Duality talked and agreed you can be the demon but, as well the ritual was a total accident and she was specially invited by Lilith and others to see why a demon wanted to come to a school to learn and stuff so maybe they can make headway with the demon realm and bring peace

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Arid_Blitz said:

@Khajiit I like it but, the demon part I'm iffy on it hmm hit me up on discord we can discuss it a bit

me and @Duality talked and agreed you can be the demon but, as well the ritual was a total accident and she was specially invited by Lilith and others to see why a demon wanted to come to a school to learn and stuff so maybe they can make headway with the demon realm and bring peace

Well, it was a total accident. They were practicing routine, albeit more advanced summoning techniques, trying to summon something new. And they kinda did summon something new I guess...

And I can weave it into her backstory, sure. Goes in line with the events described currently. She got sent there, they saw her, they got interested as you've said, they let her in. However, I'll be making her 1st grade student under these circumstances. Reason being, if they want to learn why she's here and how she'll respond to Lilith's and other's plans, her reactions would decide whether or not she stays in the University. And whether or not she wants it and if faculty's okay with it.

If I had her in later grades, it would be already set in stone that she stayed. Having her 1st grade makes much more sense in light of this request.

• Brohoof 1

Mentioned a ton of people in post since I now have a char who doesn't interact with anybody yet. Jump the opportunity with your free chars while it's still hot.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Khajiit said:

Mentioned a ton of people in post since I now have a char who doesn't interact with anybody yet. Jump the opportunity with your free chars while it's still hot.

Climbs and eats ya

Not sure how others approach it, but a number of people haven't posted in a long time. As long as I'm interacting with somebody, I'll post if it doesn't include others.

If we had a strict posting order, we wouldn't be past first page yet I bet :D

I'm pretty sure the most important part is to keep the time flow moderately reasonable.

• Brohoof 1

@Arid_Blitz

Good. God. No.

And I hope she never becomes... this. I dare not even ask where you've found this :D.

I don't share a sentiment for characters that are silly (thus why I'm not really fond of Pinkie), never been my style and I wouldn't even know how to write them.

4 hours ago, Khajiit said:

Not sure how others approach it, but a number of people haven't posted in a long time. As long as I'm interacting with somebody, I'll post if it doesn't include others.

If we had a strict posting order, we wouldn't be past first page yet I bet :D

I'm pretty sure the most important part is to keep the time flow moderately reasonable.

@Buck Testa

khajiit speak truth :proud: