Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

@reader8363 

Technically she hasn't exited the vehicle yet. The vehicles are moving up to the school, but they haven't parked yet. Also there are a lot of strange happenings described in that post, I would appreciate if they were mentioned. 

2 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

Okay, I'll go edit it

Also I added the music more for ambiance than anything else. The only thing close to music going on in universe is her singing to herself inside that limo, which you wouldn't be able to hear on the outside unless it was part of your powerset to be able to. 

What you would notice if you were out there is the vehicles along with the plants seeming to be possessed/attracted to the vehicle, along with changing color and glowing. 

14 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

Okay, I fixed the post and if anything's wrong. I'll correct it in the morning.

1) Dru is in a Limo, not a van 

2) I'm going to need more of an explanation as to how she got into the vehicle. What did this portal look like? What did it sound like? Why did she feel the need to portal into the car instead of just waiting for them to come out? 

3) I'm getting the distinct impression you're only skimming the post instead of actually reading it, and it is affecting your reply. First version didn't even have the vehicles in it and the second one said she was in a van and not a limo. 

4) effort in the post would also be appreciated. I would rather a slower post that was well thought out than a faster post that completely misses the tone and scenario I'm trying to convey. If you need clarification or are confused about something I wrote, I'm also more than willing to explain and edit as necessary. 

5) Dru is also a little girl, much younger than the usual students in this school, that would be noticeable to your character. 

@dragon4111

I'm liking your post, I can see she's ticking people off already. However, like I mentioned to reader, she hasn't exited the vehicle. Unless you knew she was coming to the school in the first place, you wouldn't know a little girl was messing with the plants. It's an easy fix in the post though, just change "looked at the girl" to looked at the limo and contemplate hurting whatever mystery person is inside. 

Edited by Buck Testa

1 minute ago, dragon4111 said:

@Buck Testa

Heh so a child eh she can't control her magic or not effectively?

Dru would like to think she has complete control over her powers, but that isn't really the case. She is quite powerful, so much so that she can will plants around her to do most anything she wants. HOWEVER she isn't really sure how she does it. She just knows it's magic and she just feels it out as she goes along. This intuitive, wild way of doing things has worked for her so far, as she was able to make her Don's drugs some of the most potent and addictive in the country (see her backstory), but she doesn't really know any "spells" per say. It's all just her willing her raw power to do things. When she is emotional, uncertain, or just throwing a tantrum, her perceived control starts to unravel and wild and unpredictable things start taking place. It's part of why her Guards are afraid of provoking her, as one of her tantrums can prove quite deadly around normal people.  

7 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Buck Testa

Hmm with Ghalan if he loses control things will get destroyed.

I would assume your 26 year old character would have more control over his abilities than my character. There is also the no win scenario that comes from fighting a little girl

Either you A) Win, at which point you're that dude that beat up a kid on campus

or B ) You got owned by a little girl 

Which could lead to some funny dilemmas for characters on whether or not they actually fight her or just try to calm her down. 

@Buck Testa
Basically, their portal look like an oval of air that has been removed from the world, but in this case, it will be wavering, as if it will collapse at any second. They don't sound like anything at all and the reason why she's doing it out of curiosity about the plants and to get a little farther from her dad

I did skim over postings and try to make sense at the time. 

Edited by reader8363

4 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

Just to clarify, it's alright to assert characters reactions as long as they are npcs yes? 

Pretty sure it's safe to assume so.

I gotta go into test forum to start typing out the posts, don't have strength to finish them all today.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

Just to clarify, it's alright to assert characters reactions as long as they are npcs yes? 

Yeppers, as long as the NPCs in question don't end up saying or doing something especially distinctive/character-constructing that ends up making a particular NPC or their actions, as asserted by you, pivotal to a subplot.

3 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Anyone gonna post soon?

I was, and am, planning to post next, but I've got a project due within the week that I'm working on writing up an analysis for, so I've had to postpone posting a couple days. Hoping to be able to spare the time today or tomorrow, though; sorry for the delay.

44 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Anyone gonna post soon?

Count me in tomorrow or Tuesday the latest, but I doubt I'll have a field to interact in your vicinity.