Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

1 minute ago, Buck Testa said:

As in walks into class. It can be before the class proper starts or just as it's beginning, I'll roll with what you put down. 

Then I suppose the next post goes to you then. You can have dru walk in and react to the ensemble cast. Cause I'm just gonna god mod and throw all the students chars in there anyways. 

9 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Then I suppose the next post goes to you then. You can have dru walk in and react to the ensemble cast. Cause I'm just gonna god mod and throw all the students chars in there anyways. 

Okay, few questions then. 
What's the class look like? How many students are in it? Is there anything on the board yet? 

Just now, Buck Testa said:

Okay, few questions then. 
What's the class look like? How many students are in it? Is there anything on the board yet? 

It's a wide room, desks arranged in a semi circle. Teachers desk in the front, a considerable distance from the group with a tall dry erase behind it with the course name on it.  Stair case leading to a cat walk and sky light windows up above. Room is located on whatever floor isn't the first. 

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

It's a wide room, desks arranged in a semi circle. Teachers desk in the front, a considerable distance from the group with a tall dry erase behind it with the course name on it.  Stair case leading to a cat walk and sky light windows up above. Room is located on whatever floor isn't the first. 

Alrighty, also, what IS the course name? 

11 hours ago, Passion said:

Someone fill me in on how much time has passed in RP ever since my last post?

Judging by Ley's complaining about having to go to summoning class, you posted just before the first class of the day, and it's currently the beginning of the second class of the day.

Just now, Buck Testa said:

No reason to mention, your character isn't in the room yet. If you follow the topic that should give notifications also. 

Actually one of my characters is in the room, as is every other student character. 

Also it's just proper RP etiquette not to read posts that aren't intended for you. Like stepping out of a room in a table top RP when your character isn't present in a scene.  If I'm not mentioned, than it must be something that I, and by extension my characters, shouldn't be privy to.                           

23 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Actually one of my characters is in the room, as is every other student character. 

Also it's just proper RP etiquette not to read posts that aren't intended for you. Like stepping out of a room in a table top RP when your character isn't present in a scene.  If I'm not mentioned, than it must be something that I, and by extension my characters, shouldn't be privy to.                           

1) I do not know whose characters are in the room nor am I going to be placing anyone in there that isnt my character. That would be god modding and a big no no. If other players want to be in the class they certainly can but I'm not going to assume their character is in the class if they haven't already stated as such. 

2) I understand the theory behind that but I don't subscribe to it. Sure it helps prevent you from using Ooc knowledge but you miss out on a lot. Ultimately you end up isolating yourself from the campaign more than you need too. 

It's your go by the by. 

1 hour ago, Buck Testa said:

1) I do not know whose characters are in the room nor am I going to be placing anyone in there that isnt my character. That would be god modding and a big no no. If other players want to be in the class they certainly can but I'm not going to assume their character is in the class if they haven't already stated as such. 

2) I understand the theory behind that but I don't subscribe to it. Sure it helps prevent you from using Ooc knowledge but you miss out on a lot. Ultimately you end up isolating yourself from the campaign more than you need too. 

It's your go by the by. 

Great, now I have to ask everypony else. 

@Duality @Passion @reader8363 @dragon4111 @Skylord Nexus @Arid_Blitz

Who wants to be in Miko's class? 

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Great, now I have to ask everypony else. 

@Duality @Passion @reader8363 @dragon4111 @Skylord Nexus @Arid_Blitz

Who wants to be in Miko's class? 

Perched on a secluded rafter near the back of Miko's classroom, Duality furled Its grotesque reality-probing organs and began preening the vast pulsating flesh-hulk that stretched out behind It, extending far beyond the meagre confines of the mortal dimension. Invisible for now, the ravenous entity gazed past the mewling morsels they called 'students', focussing only on the Feast.

Druantia, - It tasted her name, rolling the word through Its bile-soaked maw. Druantia is mine.

Other than that, I don't think there's any reason for the professor to be in there. :-P

Alright, I should be able to accommodate easily.

Also, @Duality, would like to inform you I am no longer able to type to you in Discord. Lemme know if this was intentional from your side or not.

Finally out of the accursed writer's block...

• Brohoof 1

I'll be keeping Ira outside of RP for the time being of classes seeing we really have no water/ice based students and she's the practical use of these elements teacher. Unless someone has need of her or needs to meet her.

But I need suggestions who would want Ley and where. I have a few ideas but I'd rather allign them with what others think.

Also, I don't think we should RP every class out :x

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Passion said:

I'll be keeping Ira outside of RP for the time being of classes seeing we really have no water/ice based students and she's the practical use of these elements teacher. Unless someone has need of her or needs to meet her.

But I need suggestions who would want Ley and where. I have a few ideas but I'd rather allign them with what others think.

So? Last I checked there are no other audio or mezzo mancers, yet Miko/ Mindy are still hosting their classes. 

Maybe it's less about the element, and more about unique nuances of control. After all, having a different power offers a different perspective. Like maybe instead of ice magic, you really teach about energy manipulation and heat transference. That's what ice powers effectivly are. Taking heat energy away from something. 

Just now, dragon4111 said:

@Denim&Venom

I am tempted to have Ghalan mess with Miko during her class.

What a coincidence, I as gonna have Miko mess with Ghalan during her class. 

Guess that's motivation enough to get a post started. Just mention everyone and if they don't wanna attend, they don't have to post