Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

@Key Sharkz

An odd question that struck me on reading your post: Why did Cynthia name her fox buddy Snow if she can't see his white coat or even snow itself to make a comparison between the two? I feel like there's a story to be had here. :umad:

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Duality said:

@Key Sharkz

An odd question that struck me on reading your post: Why did Cynthia name her fox buddy Snow if she can't see his white coat or even snow itself to make a comparison between the two? I feel like there's a story to be had here. :umad:

Oh there’s definitely a story there. :3

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:47 PM, Skylord Nexus said:

@Duality

I think this should be good, if you need anything else just say.

Character Name: Lucius C. Darkflare II

Physical Description: Lucius is about 6 foot , he's quite thin and has messy black hair which is slightly shifted to his right. He has very pale skin and generally wears rather refined, fancy clothing, unless combat is required.

Personality and Traits: Lucius has a tendency to be very out right about situation and to speak his mind (a jerk). He's very cocky and only has respect for people he knows can beat him and does not take anyone else seriously in the slightest. He is also deathly smart, and though seemingly charismatic is very bad and quite in a social setting. Drawn to strong power he can control.

Backstory: Being the heir to a very large fortune, Lucius grew up as royalty and gained most if not all of the bad traits one with such wealth and power stereotypically has and was taught privately. When he was 16 he killed his father out of no where and became the head of his family (which now consisted of only him) and sought out to increase his knowledge, wealth and power. This would eventually lead him to find Shahal and pledge allegiance to his cause, if for no other reason than the power that came with it, however he quickly found that he had (for the first time in his life) found someone he genuinely respected and happily followed and became very loyal to the man, happily giving him access to anything his money could buy. ( @Arid_Blitz seal of backstory approval)

Fighting Ability/Magic: Lucius uses dark magic, generally using fast but weak spells to work an opponent down, but is capable of using some very powerful destructive dark magic which requires time to build up.

Weaknesses: Lucius' biggest weakness is probably his ego and over confidence when fighting, generally never going all out unless he's threatened, this is very obvious as he tends to be very chatty in combat and as he needs to use more power his personality changes from jovial to angry, very angry.

Normal:

e2e67df8aa46a95b15f30214f0d7bdfe.thumb.jpg.40a91e0e1ea824afe11808f28b425320.jpg

When fighting:
cc3359da792d5555bdc4a1ad97bd1503.jpg.588122e2213715be29358b61f6b79cb8.jpg

@Buck Testa

This is him here. He's a bad guy spying on all of you :3 But shh, your characters don't know that yet.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Skylord Nexus said:

@Buck Testa

This is him here. He's a bad guy spying on all of you :3 But shh, your characters don't know that yet.

So that probably means he's seen Druantia in battle then lol. It would have been fairly hard to miss. 

(edited)
14 hours ago, Skylord Nexus said:

Not sure, he's only just arrived.

He'd have probably heard about it at some point then, either from the school itself or one of his evil colleagues. It was a rather large event. 

One week ago (in game) Dru (my character) and Ghalan (Dragon's character) engaged in a Duel that quickly flew off the handle and endangered the whole campus for a few minutes. Dru was summoning Towering vines as thick and tall as redwood trees that had ballistic and acidic Peppers and Pumpkins, laying down enough suppressive fire that the university gym was just decimated. Ghalan with his insane gravity powers was able to hold that off, and within a minute or so Dru's magic (which has a mind of its own) grew so excited that it went out of control. Suddenly every single plant on campus became a Mob enemy for both teachers and students to fight, and back at the fight proper Druantia was stuck inside of a towering beautiful abomination that was made from a tree seed. Eventually enough Teachers had arrived to the fight that they were able to get Dru back to her senses and force her powers to stop, causing her to pass out. Now she has school mandated suppressors on that restrict her power level down to 1% of what it was originally (though it can dial back up to 10% now if the situation demands it). 

My own Evil Spy Character known simply as The Nice Lady was there during that time and was quite smitten with the chaos that was happening. 

Name: Adaline "The Nice Lady"

Character: Very little is known about "The Nice Lady." Some only know her as an urban legend if that. She shows up out of the background, leading people in strange musical numbers that leave them sick and bedridden afterwards, filled with diseases and tumors. Other times the Nice Lady comes and heals the sick of their ailments, only to whisk them away to never be seen again like a pied piper. Whenever she appears, she never seems like a threat. Nobody ever gets a good look at her, or remembers what she was wearing, but what they do know was... she was a nice lady.

Magic: Musical Manipulation; 

Adaline learned how to use her powers through her voice and dance. For example, while she is rather uncoordinated normally, when she is in the middle of a musical number she has nigh pre cognitive reflexes that has gotten her out of danger a number of times. Weaker willed people (aka NPCs and PCs who are willing) can find themselves caught up in her musical numbers as backup dancers and singers. 

In terms of Combat abilities, she displays very little in the ways of offense. She can be quite difficult to pin down during a musical number however, and many adversaries end up joining in her seemingly choreographed movements instead of being able to properly strike her. 

Shes also learned how to " Join the background" An ability that makes her difficult to perceive by other people. People can know that someone is there, but they do not recognize her or perceive her as a threat. She can walk out of a room and make it so that most people won't even remember who she was or what she did. This does not work with electronics like cameras, however people will only know her as "The Nice Lady" 

History: "The Nice Lady" is known to exist thanks to stronger willed magic users (aka PCs) whom her magic doesn't affect quite as much. While she can move about the lives of normal humans with abandon, using her twisted musical powers on them in any way she chooses, she is something of an alarming presence for magic users who know of her. While they have a hard time shaking off the idea of her being a nice lady, non threatening and sweet, they can perceive her I'll intent better than most. Still, even in a school full of magic users, the Nice lady can easily walk among them unnoticed if she chose to. 

She's recently teamed up with a group of villains whom she finds interesting, and on their request, she has gone to Salem university to gather Intel, and maybe be a nice lady to a special few 

She would have relayed that information to her colleagues like your character. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 2

The teacher probably waits for Ley's reaction, so I need to step it up. Not sure I can sprout anything today but will get to it ASAP not to keep you waiting.

I'm just very excited to get into some ACTUAL magic classes to develop my character a bit more. I have so many ideas for how she can use spells but I gotta wait till she actually learns the stuff.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Buck Testa

Well Ghalan's magic is different but he can teach her. But she doesn't want to be anywhere near him.

No her objection was going with the Janitor, ALONE,  to somewhere else when she was supposed to be heading to class. I'm a grown ass dude and I'd get some red flags out of that XD

If he comes at it a bit more tactfully, with other teachers present or something it would go better. 

Just now, Buck Testa said:

@Denim&Venom I believe I'm waiting for your post here, as you are the teacher. I'd really like for the RP to start moving again but I can't post till you react to my character. 

And I can't post till @Passion reacts to my character. 

Been busy over weekend + Monday morning, then had afternoon shift and morning shift today. I finally have some freedom, meaning like a few free hours so I'll have it up in the next 12 (because sleep probably) I guess.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Passion said:

Been busy over weekend + Monday morning, then had afternoon shift and morning shift today. I finally have some freedom, meaning like a few free hours so I'll have it up in the next 12 (because sleep probably) I guess.

Ah the trials and tribulations of Adulthood. I know them all too well. I'm looking forward to your post! 

• Brohoof 1

@Duality if the teacher @Denim&Venom doesn't show up in the next 15 minutes (eg later today when I'm off work) we're legally allowed to leave right?

I'm growing rather frustrated that I cant post rn when the rp is continuing to move, and I'd rather not be locked down anymore if I'm going to have to keep waiting here. If Denim can post today or can give ANY kind of ETA on when its coming I'll hold, but at this point I just want to rp.

39 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

@Duality if the teacher @Denim&Venom doesn't show up in the next 15 minutes (eg later today when I'm off work) we're legally allowed to leave right?

I'm growing rather frustrated that I cant post rn when the rp is continuing to move, and I'd rather not be locked down anymore if I'm going to have to keep waiting here. If Denim can post today or can give ANY kind of ETA on when its coming I'll hold, but at this point I just want to rp.

Sorry for the hold up. World cup business kept me distracted. I can't guarantee anything in the next 1-3 hours, as I'm still at work. I'd rather not rush anything

• Brohoof 1

@dragon4111

Uh, Miko didn't drive her tank back. She muttered she could, explaining the futility of Ghalans actions. But she's too busy telling pink elf why it's a bad idea to ditch her class and explaining to child of the corn why it's a good idea to take it. 

13 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

I really need to do something with Corn with Druantia XD

But, hey, why stop there? Girl of the garlic, kid of the kale, Dru of the durian - there are so many options! :mlp_icwudt:

On that note, durians would be brutal in her hands.

3 minutes ago, Duality said:

But, hey, why stop there? Girl of the garlic, kid of the kale, Dru of the durian - there are so many options! :mlp_icwudt:

On that note, durians would be brutal in her hands.

1200px-Durian.jpg

Oh dear. Those don't look fun on the best of days lol. 

• Brohoof 1