Duality

OOC Salem University OOC (Open)

@Passion @Buck Testa

Is all going well with regards The Real Life? It can be even more insistent than me at times. :mustache:

Am busy. I don't even have time to assist MLPF staff with RP world rework, let alone RP myself.

My characters are somewhat in limbo so you're good to keep going and I will come back once I can.

• Brohoof 1

@Duality Might be a 1x1 for a bit, RPing Angel's convo w/ VP and the flashback scenes with Miko if we decide to go through with those. 

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

@Duality Might be a 1x1 for a bit, RPing Angel's convo w/ VP and the flashback scenes with Miko if we decide to go through with those. 

Sounds good to me!

@dragon4111 Are you planning to do a follow-up post with Ghalan or should I just assume that he enters the room during my next post?

@Duality

assume he will enter the room in your next post.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

@Denim&Venom

Your post on the 1x1 convo. I don't think anyone else is going to be posting for a while besides Dragon.

10 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Duality

Can we do a time skip?

There's still about half of us in unfinished interactions, so I don't think so yet.

I see alright then my friend

Badges

been gone for a bit, where is the rp at the moment?

• Brohoof 1

Badges

10 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

been gone for a bit, where is the rp at the moment?

It slowed right down with you and Passion both gone (him until further notice) and myself with a rapidly deteriorating laptop (now reduced to an unresponsive piece of plastic), so it's just about where it was when you were gone. Denim and I just started progressing in our IC conversation a couple of days ago, though, so it's still chugging along. :rarity:

3 hours ago, Duality said:

It slowed right down with you and Passion both gone (him until further notice) and myself with a rapidly deteriorating laptop (now reduced to an unresponsive piece of plastic), so it's just about where it was when you were gone. Denim and I just started progressing in our IC conversation a couple of days ago, though, so it's still chugging along. :rarity:

I know the pain with a laptop going down. Took me a few weeks to replace mine when it turned into an expensive paperweight lol. 

To be quite frank, I am very tired of having my main character stuck in the class she's in, and I was tired of it a long time before this. If I'm posting, I'm going to want to do a time skip so I can finally put some distance between myself and that and finally get this thing moving again. The rp slowed to a crawl for me ever since she got stuck in a class where they didn't even teach magic.  

Badges

4 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

I know the pain with a laptop going down. Took me a few weeks to replace mine when it turned into an expensive paperweight lol. 

To be quite frank, I am very tired of having my main character stuck in the class she's in, and I was tired of it a long time before this. If I'm posting, I'm going to want to do a time skip so I can finally put some distance between myself and that and finally get this thing moving again. The rp slowed to a crawl for me ever since she got stuck in a class where they didn't even teach magic.  

Trying to wrap things up. My next can probably be the concluding one now that Miko can finally get to the crux of her lesson.

• Brohoof 1

Curses Duality I am unable to reach you on Discord. Again.

Do lemme know if it's intended next time eh D: ? I need to know who I have contact with through there and I don't mind people deciding to remove me.

Anywho, a post is slowly planting its roots in my mind and starting to sprout up, however how are you planning to go along with that time skip? It would probably make little sense to me to start any character interactions with anybody before the skip itself as it would put things into limbo for others again.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Passion said:

Curses Duality I am unable to reach you on Discord. Again.

Do lemme know if it's intended next time eh D: ? I need to know who I have contact with through there and I don't mind people deciding to remove me.

Not at all intended, unfortunately. The MLPF server just dropped me off its member list for some unknown reason, and that removes DM capacities between us for another unknown reason that I need to look into.

6 hours ago, Passion said:

Anywho, a post is slowly planting its roots in my mind and starting to sprout up, however how are you planning to go along with that time skip? It would probably make little sense to me to start any character interactions with anybody before the skip itself as it would put things into limbo for others again.

The timeskip is only waiting for my convo with @Denim&Venom, his class with @Buck Testa, and some character building of mine that I'm sneaking in on the side. Pretty much all of it is waiting on my post conversing with Denim, which I'm hoping to get up within the next couple of days despite my laptop status.

• Yay 1

(edited)

@Duality

So a while back Denim invited me to check this out. I had way too much on my plate to try, but I thought I finally would anyway.

Hi

I was wondering, is Ley still active? Does she want to be? 

Also how active is the RP in general? 🤔

Just wondering if it's worth mine and Duality time to try to convert a character

Edited by Lektra Bolt
lack of a mention
  • Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

20 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

@Duality

So a while back Denim invited me to check this out. I had way too much on my plate to try, but I thought I finally would anyway.

Hi

I was wondering, is Ley still active? Does she want l to be? 

Also how active is the RP in general? 🤔

Just wondering if it's worth mine and Duality time to try to convert a character

Oh I think Professor Lektra would be perfect for this school. I can see her being an electromancer, magnetomancer or terramancer specializing in manipulating metals form the earth. Heck, she can even be the head of the IT department, working out the kinks that show up when technology and magic have to meet. 

Though we have slowed down considerably due to IRL issues, things look like they're about to pick back up. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

(edited)

Now that you mention it that does sound awesome, provided the GM is on board

I haven't actually worked out how the human version operates, but that one is exclusively for EG anyway. In all other RPs I'd just convert the pony, or try to

I'm thinking just fold those together into one electromagnetism since we're not bound by pony canon, which then also allows technology manipulation. Or would that have to stay separate? 

Then she uses her craft to build magical technology.

So what is that? Multi power teacher, since building magical technology (Magitek) also counts as a power?

How would we do this? If it says separate I count 3 magics and 1 technique utilizing said magics

I'd that even allowed? How would this work? 

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I was wondering, is Ley still active? Does she want to be?  

Most definitely. I will be coming soon to RP. Been enjoying Ley too much to just drop it. Sorry for everyone to vanish off the radar so suddenly and for so long.

Question stands: Why?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
27 minutes ago, Passion said:

Most definitely. I will be coming soon to RP. Been enjoying Ley too much to just drop it. Sorry for everyone to vanish off the radar so suddenly and for so long.

Question stands: Why?

Well I had this fun idea. Two actually, depending on which Duality and you liked

Was hoping you were still active with Ley 

Idea 1: Whatever character I am has actually played Grand Chase in this world and it exists, and would like to be friends with Ley cause she reminds her of the Grand Chase character. Shenanigans ensure from this, and we'll just see where it goes

Idea 2: An actual Ley directly from the game gets pulled into this world, and in the process this Ley and your character would bond over being so similar. This also leads to random shenanigans. Pending GM approval and your liking of the idea, of course 

Thoughts? 🤔

You can tell I really like Ley? She's my favorite character from the game, so it's actually pretty awesome you were able to bring her in here

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Laugh 1

8 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Well I had this fun idea. Two actually, depending on which Duality and you liked

Was hoping you were still active with Ley 

Idea 1: Whatever character I am has actually played Grand Chase in this world and it exists, and would like to be friends with Ley cause she reminds her of the Grand Chase character. Shenanigans ensure from this, and we'll just see where it goes

Idea 2: An actual Ley directly from the game gets pulled into this world, and in the process this Ley and your character would bond over being so similar. This also leads to random shenanigans. Pending GM approval and your liking of the idea, of course 

Thoughts? 🤔

You can tell I really like Ley? She's my favorite character from the game, so it's actually pretty awesome you were able to bring her in here

Ahahaha, are you serious? You are aren't you? I'd never ever expected to meet someone knowing about Grand Chase, though I guess with its mobile revival I should have expected it.

Ley was my go to character with maxed out gear due to me winning the event in game and getting 1st prize. I loved her teleports and her gameplay in general.

I am honestly positively surprised here hah.

Idea one seems fine. I adapted Ley from GC and a few other ideas from that game to RP, though having it exist in RP world would be odd, unless we simply assume Ley never heard of it and it's a pure, insane coincidence.

The second one causes an issue: We'd have two similar characters and while them interacting would be silly, others would suffer in the process as technically the two would be the same.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Passion said:

Ahahaha, are you serious? You are aren't you? I'd never ever expect to meet someone knowing about Grand Chase, though I guess with its mobile revival I should have expected it.

Ley was my go to character with maxed out gear due to me winning the event in game and getting 1st prize. I loved her teleports and her gameplay in general.

I am honestly positively surprised here hah.

Idea one seems fine. I adapted Ley from GC and a few other ideas from that game to RP, though having it exist in RP world would be odd, unless we simply assume Ley never heard of it and it's a pure, insane coincidence.

The second one causes an issue: We'd have two similar characters and while them interacting would be silly, others would suffer in the process as technically the two would be the same.

Very serious actually. I didn't play the original game for very long unfortunately, and quit when my friend quit. It was very early on and Amy was the last release when we quit playing. Though I kept up on it, I haven't touched private servers, but I'm very active in the mobile game. I'm not like one of the most powerful players, but I'm as good as I possibly can be  on the Global NA server without spending money and playing daily. She is one of my most used characters, I try to include her in whatever I do, and I'm looking forward to her limit break ♥️

I guess we could do option 1 as an insane coincidence, if you don't think the idea is way too dumb. That's what I'd intended to do. I'd be like did you know you kinda exist in this game? *shows her Magitek device showing Grand Chase on mobile*

2 was just too silly sounding, to me even :laugh::derp::muffins:

Spoiler

My Ley. I'm trash, mine could be much stronger, I know Screenshot_20190717-195711_GrandChase.thumb.jpg.edd663529447952811e4da541db423ed.jpg

💗

Edited by Lektra Bolt

3 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Now that you mention it that does sound awesome, provided the GM is on board

I haven't actually worked out how the human version operates, but that one is exclusively for EG anyway. In all other RPs I'd just convert the pony, or try to

I'm thinking just fold those together into one electromagnetism since we're not bound by pony canon, which then also allows technology manipulation. Or would that have to stay separate? 

Then she uses her craft to build magical technology.

So what is that? Multi power teacher, since building magical technology (Magitek) also counts as a power?

How would we do this? If it says separate I count 3 magics and 1 technique utilizing said magics

I'd that even allowed? How would this work? 

Ooh, fresh meat!

The RP is picking back up after a period of slowness (although pending a possible timeskip, I believe) and Ley is still as active as any of the old-timers, as others have mentioned.

As for the power assignment, it depends on what you mean by 'magical technology'. If she has electromagnetic powers, she would be able to manipulate electricity flows and magnetic metals as a matter of course, which together constitute the vast majority of what we call technology these days. Magitek as a power is somewhat ill-defined in the scope of this RP thus far, however, and was in fact added to the list to accommodate a single user who eventually dropped out of the RP due to not finding what they wanted here.

I believe that their version of the power primarily consisted of creating objects that could use magic in and of themselves in a sense somewhat beyond mere enchantment - in short, creating objects that could independently use forms of magic that the creator themselves could not use. For example, if one wanted to have an object whose workings implemented the manipulation of fire, one could imbue it with a fire enchantment that simply made it deflect fire or spark up fires or some limited-scope ability to do with fire, or one could go full Magitek on it and make it control fire however you wanted it to. On the latter I imposed the constraint that actual blood from a fire mage would have to be used to power the object, since otherwise the user's character would have been more of a Mary Sue than any character in the RP would have been able to handle (although with the corollary canon that Salem University has an official small-scale blood-donation system to provide some means of supply for Magitek users). It's quite possible for people to work with magical technology without Magitek powers, however - my character works with such tech as more of an enchanting type, even one who focusses on the theory of runes over their application.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Duality said:

Ooh, fresh meat!

The RP is picking back up after a period of slowness (although pending a possible timeskip, I believe) and Ley is still as active as any of the old-timers, as others have mentioned.

As for the power assignment, it depends on what you mean by 'magical technology'. If she has electromagnetic powers, she would be able to manipulate electricity flows and magnetic metals as a matter of course, which together constitute the vast majority of what we call technology these days. Magitek as a power is somewhat ill-defined in the scope of this RP thus far, however, and was in fact added to the list to accommodate a single user who eventually dropped out of the RP due to not finding what they wanted here.

I believe that their version of the power primarily consisted of creating objects that could use magic in and of themselves in a sense somewhat beyond mere enchantment - in short, creating objects that could independently use forms of magic that the creator themselves could not use. For example, if one wanted to have an object whose workings implemented the manipulation of fire, one could imbue it with a fire enchantment that simply made it deflect fire or spark up fires or some limited-scope ability to do with fire, or one could go full Magitek on it and make it control fire however you wanted it to. On the latter I imposed the constraint that actual blood from a fire mage would have to be used to power the object, since otherwise the user's character would have been more of a Mary Sue than any character in the RP would have been able to handle (although with the corollary canon that Salem University has an official small-scale blood-donation system to provide some means of supply for Magitek users). It's quite possible for people to work with magical technology without Magitek powers, however - my character works with such tech as more of an enchanting type, even one who focusses on the theory of runes over their application.

Haha yeah fresh meat

To understand how I've implemented Magitek, you'd have to read how I've explained and defined it for Equestria setting. It's all outlined in the profile and I'll work with you to make it viable here 

Beyond just saying 'please go read it' the basic implementation is very different from that player

Magitek as a whole is very broad in its implementation. At its most basic, it is defined as a branch of enchanting and giving an object a property to do what it can't normally do.

A Magitek object in a non pony setting is a combination of technology and magic. Magic is applied to the technology to improve it's function, such as a simple boosting spell enchanted to a CPU to make it faster

The more complicated ones are built with technology and magic melding in mind, and allows an object to be better than if just the individual things were used separately. For example a rake will not clean your leaves away, but a rake enchanted to will

Magitek as my character implements it is not a new form of magic, but a branch of enchanting by applying and converting an existing spell to enhance a machine

While I admit it would share some properties with the earlier player, namely the object will gain properties that the caster can't do themselves, it's not as limited and basic as that player and actually closer to your character

Once enchanted, the object doesn't need the practitioner anymore, except for maintenance and repair. Anyone can use it

So as I'd like to do it, she has electromagnetism (this alows for lightning generation and control, magnetism, as well as electronic technology manipulation as one power) and is an enchanter specializing in magical engineering and design. She would be teaching this to students with similar inclinations

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1