Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Kinda waiting on everyone.  VP needs to address Ley and Kat for ditching class and Miko's demands for a new phone and workers comp. Waiting to see what Ghalan does next. And we also need to get @Lektra Bolt integrated.  I don't know what the direction is for everypony else. I kinda presumed they wanted to go to a class that actually taught magic. So who wants to handle that? 

@Passion @Duality @reader8363 @Buck Testa @dragon4111 @Mentis Soliloquy 

Duality is so far blissfully ignorant of all of that due to Mental Voice's shenanigans with Miko's text and the fact that attendance issues don't directly notify her unless they're specifically from the hydromancy department (deans are generally the ones to go to for pastoral concerns in Salem as opposed to VPs). Voice did send Miko a livestream of her own derriere on Duality's behalf, however, which should be fun for whenever she gets around to checking a device.

@Lektra Bolt, you still in for this madhouse? Our periodic slow points are more than made up for by the times of smooth flow.

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Let's save that for when he actually know where we're taking all this. 

I'm rather a fan of going with natural story flow, so it's less of a matter of where the plot will take the characters and more of how the plot will adapt to the characters as they work through their own stories. I think I'll post a bit more of the villain/s in my next few posts, though, probably roping in @Buck Testa's loopy singing lady or more likely @Passion's most recent introduction. Hopefully some good subplot hooks lodge themselves in my grey matter in the process.

If anyone wants to go to another PC-run class just let me know, though. It could be Lektra's starting point as a character.

18 minutes ago, Duality said:

Duality is so far blissfully ignorant of all of that due to Mental Voice's shenanigans with Miko's text and the fact that attendance issues don't directly notify her unless they're specifically from the hydromancy department (deans are generally the ones to go to for pastoral concerns in Salem as opposed to VPs).

So who's the dean again? 

12 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

So who's the dean again? 

Dunno for that class. Duality's dean of the hydromancy department, but I don't think anyone else has claimed deanship of any other departments, let alone one that includes such a category-defying class as Miko's. Might have to be dealt with by an NPC.

8 minutes ago, Duality said:

Dunno for that class. Duality's dean of the hydromancy department, but I don't think anyone else has claimed deanship of any other departments, let alone one that includes such a category-defying class as Miko's. Might have to be dealt with by an NPC.

Maybe Miko is actually the dean? 

8 hours ago, Duality said:

@Lektra Bolt, you still in for this madhouse? Our periodic slow points are more than made up for by the times of smooth flow.

10 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Kinda waiting on everyone.  VP needs to address Ley and Kat for ditching class and Miko's demands for a new phone and workers comp. Waiting to see what Ghalan does next. And we also need to get @Lektra Bolt integrated.  I don't know what the direction is for everypony else. I kinda presumed they wanted to go to a class that actually taught magic. So who wants to handle that? 

@Passion @Duality @reader8363 @Buck Testa @dragon4111 @Mentis Soliloquy 

I'm still here, just been dealing with RL stuff and games that have resets at certain times. Either I'm having a particularly bad experience with mom, or the games I play I need to finish and I just do by reset, then the day starts all over again. Basically I lose a day in all other things, but get the games stuff done

I tend to disappear for a while due to this, but I'm not dead, I promise. It's at about a month that people can start worrying 

I pretty much need to fix her classes and the way aging works, and figure out a history that works with everyone else and what's been presented so far

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Maybe Miko is actually the dean? 

But of what department is the real question; her class is out there enough that there's not much likelihood of any other class fitting in the same department-style domain of deanship. If her class doesn't fit into any particular department then she'd be responsible for most of the logistics behind it simply as a teacher (including pastoral matters), in which case she'd either have to deal with it herself or manually escalate it up the hierarchy to some head office denizen sufficiently willing to take on the extra work (which would probably entail Duality all over again, but in a 'want to stay on her good side' kinda way).

2 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I tend to disappear for a while due to this, but I'm not dead, I promise. It's at about a month that people can start worrying 

I pretty much need to fix her classes and the way aging works, and figure out a history that works with everyone else and what's been presented so far

Yup, that's about the long and short of it. Take as long as is required for IRL matters, though, I'm all too familiar with their dread sway myself.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Duality said:

But of what department is the real question; her class is out there enough that there's not much likelihood of any other class fitting in the same department-style domain of deanship. 

Extra-magical affairs? I imagine any class not directly dealing with magic would be under her direction. Language, phy.ed, health, art, music, history, ect. So basically, regular school stuff. 

Yep, I was supposed to post on the weekend the latest but got tangled up in the vines of being drunk really responsible duties :orly:

On 9/2/2019 at 8:12 AM, Denim&Venom said:

Extra-magical affairs? I imagine any class not directly dealing with magic would be under her direction. Language, phy.ed, health, art, music, history, ect. So basically, regular school stuff. 

Ah, I see; that sounds like a pretty good solution. I suppose someone would have to be in charge of such things, although I can't imagine many PCs wanting to go through mundane classes. :P

5 minutes ago, Duality said:

Ah, I see; that sounds like a pretty good solution. I suppose someone would have to be in charge of such things, although I can't imagine many PCs wanting to go through mundane classes. :P

No. I guess not. Just the one's Miko hosts. 

So I suppose Miko will be dealing out detentions then? 

22 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

So I suppose Miko will be dealing out detentions then? 

If she deems it proportionate punishment, although it seems awfully stringent for someone with a school-inspired grudge against the system.

It's a grudge against the system for letting the students down. Miko's initial grudge came from being sent to Salem as an adult and being treated like a child, despite knowing magic already. Now Miko want's to upstage Salem by showing them how the job really should be done. She's not being stringent because of school policy. She's being stringent because Ley and Kat are being annoying delinquents and making her job harder than it needs to be. It's more her authority being dismissed, not the schools. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

@Duality 

I take it that this RP is dead now? 

Well, it's been a month since @Buck Testa last posted anything and Passion is on indefinite hiatus - together they make up about half of the backbone of this RP, so unless one or both of them return soon it would probably be best to consider it so.

@Denim&Venom A reboot you say. I may be interested in that. I've been pretty sapped of inspiration for this rp, but if we start over I could restructure my characters. A druantia 2.0 would be interesting. However, NO more Magicless classes for me for awhile. I was trapped in that place for literal months lol. 

3 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

@Duality @dragon4111 @Mentis Soliloquy @reader8363 @Lektra Bolt 

So it's pretty clear that our story has basically fallen apart with the absences of several key players. 

So do we salvage this RP, re-work some things and shamble on or do we scrap this entirely and commit to a reboot?

1 hour ago, Buck Testa said:

@Denim&Venom A reboot you say. I may be interested in that. I've been pretty sapped of inspiration for this rp, but if we start over I could restructure my characters. A druantia 2.0 would be interesting. However, NO more Magicless classes for me for awhile. I was trapped in that place for literal months lol. 

Speaking of absent key players, 50% of them have returned. :P

I'd be quite all right with either option, but if we reboot there's always the risk that something like this will happen again soon afterwards. Rebooted commitments often cause rebooted senses of commitment, after all - and speaking as DM it's gotta be worth the work of scrapping the lot of this and starting nearly from scratch. Y'all gotta stick it out for a decent run of it if we're going the reboot path - else let it die so I can focus my spare time in other directions.

With that out of the way, what sort of things might you fine folks be looking to see or change in a reboot? @Lektra Bolt, any fresh input you might have to offer would be particularly interesting, if you'd still like to join us. :grin: